zomgguitarz1234
Everything you love sucks
2,920 IQ
Whenever I try singing it feels like I'm putting a lot of pressure to my head, and I almost feel dizzy. I heard this is because you're not getting enough oxygen to your head from not breathing properly, but I'm pretty sure I'm doing the breathing right.
Duce180
350 IQ
Yeah make sure your breathing properly from your diaphragm. Lay on the floor, breathe in. Thats how you should breathe when you sing. Shoulders and chest should relatively stay still aswell. It can take time to get down, as its more than just expanding your stomach muscles. Do some research on it, theres a ton of info on how to do it properly.

Edit: Heres a good video to demonstrate diaphragm breathing http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUpHhLRs1_g&feature=relmfu
Just do a search on youtube and theres a ton of great insight into it.

Also, singing high notes generally takes more air, especially if your going out of your range.

Make sure you warm up properly too! Like sing along to scales, (do reh me, ohs, ahs, hum, etc) if you dont have a piano you can do em along with your guitar. Also look up lip trills, great exercise to relax your throat.

Anyway, I hope this info helps, I'm no expert but this is some stuff ive learned from very good singers.
Last edited by Duce180 at Mar 13, 2012,
TalkShowHost335
Everyone loves us Irish
151 IQ
Maybe the sound of your voice is so beautifull it's too much for your brain to handle.
You want me?
Well f**king well come and find me
I'll be waiting with a gun and a pack of sandwiches

Twitter:@iamoisinoneill
UG follows me. You should too.
CGB89
Liturgical Rocker
1,343 IQ
Make sure you're releasing your breath as you're singing. I had the same problem and it was because, when I would hold high notes, I wouldn't breath, so my body got it's oxygen supply cut off, causing dizziness.
Gear:
Squier Affinity Series Stratocaster
Epiphone G-400
Line 6 Spider
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
BOSS DD-3

"Wish I Had This" Gear:
Guitars- G&L, Gibson, PRS
Amps- Egnater, Bogner
Effects- Fulltone, JHS, Eventide
SingingSabre
Epic
124 IQ
Quote by zomgguitarz1234
Whenever I try singing it feels like I'm putting a lot of pressure to my head, and I almost feel dizzy. I heard this is because you're not getting enough oxygen to your head from not breathing properly, but I'm pretty sure I'm doing the breathing right.

Are you screaming or singing too high?

That can put too much blood pressure in your head. Don't ask me how I know (firsthand).