Hangin out at my friends college, some of his friends come by. They turn out to be ****ing amazing guitarists (and one of ems a bassist) Theyre the best players I've met. And on the way to being signed by roadrunner. They ask me to play some licks I know, and only knowing a few like the trooper, the ocean, and what I got. I play them and they give me tips.
Long story short, they basically gave me pointers on everything Im doing wrong, or at least its not perfect technique.
I tense up my picking hand, and my fingers are too high above the fretboard. the two that I really remember (obessing about)

Other things they pointed out, I was already aware of. Still though, I'm gettin kinda down about this. Maybe I'm obsessing about it and its nothing.
"A guitar is your personality expressed through six strings"

"I'm cuddly bitch, deal with it"
There is a blog section on the profiles for a reason, you know.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
You can write a blog from your profile, you know.

281-330-8004, that's my cell phone number, hit me up on the low
Don't worry man, you'll get there someday. Just keep practicing and being content at where you are. Remember that it's the journey that counts, not the destination.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
You shouldn't get down over opportunities to learn and improve.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Since I'm pretty much completely self-taught, I've always wanted someone to point out everything I've been doing wrong -- which is a lot, I'm sure.

Good luck man.
Yr. friend's friends sound like real douchers.

Anyway, I probably do lots of things wrong, but I don't even give a fuck, I'm too punk.
there are 2 basic ways you can take their constructive criticism.

you can see it in a positive way, as expert help which will help you improve quicker.
or you can get sad about it, about how you're not good and stuff...

The choice of what you do with their help is yours. Positive thinking or negative, up to you.
---
Quote by neidnarb11890
Yr. friend's friends sound like real douchers.

Anyway, I probably do lots of things wrong, but I don't even give a fuck, I'm too punk.

No they were cool guys, just tryin to be helpful. Even told me to keep at it and other cliche motivational phrases.

Still though, seeing better guitarists who can just rip right into any song is both inspiring and depressing.
"A guitar is your personality expressed through six strings"

"I'm cuddly bitch, deal with it"
As long as they were cool about it.
Amon Amarth to Frank Zappa
and everything in between.

The A-Z's of music.
Quote by Iblis92
No they were cool guys, just tryin to be helpful. Even told me to keep at it and other cliche motivational phrases.

Still though, seeing better guitarists who can just rip right into any song is both inspiring and depressing.

Why should that be depressing? They sucked when they started just like everyone else, and the only reason they're where they are now is because they listened to good advice and busted their asses, same as everyone else who's really good at anything.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you