I use a high gain set up with my amp and I know, when I crank it up I can hear my Boss tremolo effect through the feedback with the amp, even though the effect is not engaged. The pedal is buffered bypass, and I'm just wondering since I use a high gain setup do I need to buy all true bypass pedals so there won't be any unwanted noise, or is it just a characteristic to that Boss pedal? Also I've noticed when I hook my amp mic to my amp and run it through the PA the mic channel will start roaring, do I just need to turn my amp down and turn the mic level up to stop the roaring or is the PA? It can't be the mic because its a brand new Sure sm57.
Quote by frufan8
I use a high gain set up with my amp and I know, when I crank it up I can hear my Boss tremolo effect through the feedback with the amp, even though the effect is not engaged. The pedal is buffered bypass, and I'm just wondering since I use a high gain setup do I need to buy all true bypass pedals so there won't be any unwanted noise, or is it just a characteristic to that Boss pedal?

yeah, boss has crappy buffer.

question, why do you use a tremelo in a high gain setup?

i say the easy fix is to find a way to play without tremelo.

Quote by frufan8
Also I've noticed when I hook my amp mic to my amp and run it through the PA the mic channel will start roaring, do I just need to turn my amp down and turn the mic level up to stop the roaring or is the PA? It can't be the mic because its a brand new Sure sm57.

could be a number of factors. maybe the PA is projecting into the microphone, causing uncontrollable feedback. maybe you need to turn the preamp on the mic down. maybe your PA sucks.

could be any of those factors or many more.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
yeah man I luv the way a distorted tremolo sounds like Tom Morello (mostly square wave). and I also luv the way Heavy by Collective Soul sounds on the intro and Boulevard of Broken Dreams by Green Day, I jus luv that effect with distortion. My main question is if I use another modulation pedal thats buffered bypass will I hear it in the feedback? Like flanger,phaser,chorus etc..
How are you powering your tremelo? Shouldn't be ridiculously loud. What amp as well?
with bypass signal i guess it really depends on your rig. if you have a few true bypass pedals somewhere but then you throw in some boss pedals or digitech or a stock wah and it's not doing you much good. but i've also heard that having ALL true bypass isn't necessarily a good thing. in conclusion unless you are wicked super picky about your tone, i don't see the point in getting crazy about bypass signals, just try turning down the level on the pedal see if that helps
Fender Strat Deluxe
Fender MexiStrat
Epiphone Sheritan
Ibanez Artcore
Fender Twin Reverb silverface
Roland JC120
Pedals

Quote by CaptainAmerican
I would recommend the marshal MG100

Very versatile and quality sound. It should treat you well
a shitty buffer will do exactly what your tremolo pedal is doing. all true bypass will kill tone. too many connections and greater length of cable, then you will get into trouble. you can have four or five pedals and not worry a whole lot, but IMO i wouldn't ever go over four pedals without a buffer. you can build them really easy, you can buy them cheap (although not typically mass produced). the buffer would go in front of the line into the amp.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by frufan8
My main question is if I use another modulation pedal thats buffered bypass will I hear it in the feedback? Like flanger,phaser,chorus etc..

crappy buffers add noise. that may be your problem in general. some effects loops are already buffered (like orange usually has buffered effects loops) so then you would prefer true bypass.

it is pretty case by base. but if a buffered pedal is screwing up your signal (when bypassed) then it needs to be replaced or taken out the loop completely with a bypass pedal/loop.

there are plenty of good and fairly cheap trem pedals out there.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Quote by gumbilicious
there are plenty of good and fairly cheap trem pedals out there.

I don't remember if it's true bypass, but I think the EHX XO Pulsar would be a good choice. It has slightly more features, potentially a better bypass signal, and it's relatively inexpensive.
Maximum volume yields maximum goats.