Page 1 of 2
Just been told I have to have mine out

Any experiences? How much did it hurt? How long did it take to recover? Am I gonna have to live off ice cream for a week?
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Quote by jambi_mantra
Am I gonna have to live off ice cream for a week?
You speak of this as if it's a bad thing.
ggg1 ggg3

For me it was pretty much a non event but it seems to affect everyone differently.
PPPPPPPOSTFINDER
I had a friend get one of his sockets infected even though the surgeon did everything right and he followed all the directions.
He died 3 days after the surgery.
The places where they take the top teeth out are really close to your brain and some of the blood vessels there travel directly to your brain. If they get infected, the bad blood starts rotting your brain. You're dead before they can find out whats wrong.
Quote by Banjocal
sht up u flthy librl foogit stfu u soo mad n butthurdt ur ass is an analpocolypse cuz ur so gay "my ass hrts so mcuh" - u. your rectally vexed n anlly angushed lolo go bck 2 asslnd lolol
Quote by behind_you
You speak of this as if it's a bad thing.

During the football season it's not gonna be helpful

I don't really like ice cream either
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Quote by King Of Suede
I had a friend get one of his sockets infected even though the surgeon did everything right and he followed all the directions.
The places where they take the top teeth out are really close to your brain and some of the blood vessels there travel directly to your brain. If they get infected, the bad blood starts rotting your brain. You're dead before they can find out whats wrong.

Awesome.

Quote by CoreysMonster
You will look like a hamster for a couple of days.

This is just gonna annoy me

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Mine haven't moved even a bit in a couple years and probably won't be moving any time soon.

Lucky for me, they're in a spot where I can just ignore them.
Quote by UntilISleep
You have excellent taste in literature, dear sir

Quote by Primus2112
You have excellent taste in video games, good sir.

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
You have terrible taste in signatures, idiotic sir.

kkoo
Quote by King Of Suede

11/10, so metal
If they're impacted, you're in for a hell of a procedure. If not, it's probably not going to be too bad. When I had mine out, I just walked out of the office and went immediately back about my business. I took large doses of ibuprofen for two days, and felt fine after that.
Quote by izbbass
Mine haven't moved even a bit in a couple years and probably won't be moving any time soon.

Lucky for me, they're in a spot where I can just ignore them.

Mine aren't moving. They came in 3 years ago, the bottom two are just at crazy angles so I can't brush them. I need them out coz they're basically just starting to rot. Top ones come out because there's no point having them with no bottom ones.

Quote by dullsilver_mike
If they're impacted, you're in for a hell of a procedure. If not, it's probably not going to be too bad. When I had mine out, I just walked out of the office and went immediately back about my business. I took large doses of ibuprofen for two days, and felt fine after that.

How do you know if they're impacted?

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Wisdom teeth and cancer threads start near the same time in the Pit?

this is just shitty.
Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.

Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Degitech BP-80
MXR El Grande Bass Fuzz
Boss Bass Chorus CEB-3
DOD FX91 OD
Traynor Dynabass 200
Quote by jambi_mantra
Mine aren't moving. They came in 3 years ago, the bottom two are just at crazy angles so I can't brush them. I need them out coz they're basically just starting to rot. Top ones come out because there's no point having them with no bottom ones.

Mine haven't come in yet. They're far from it even though I'm 19

I've always had slow teeth though.
Quote by UntilISleep

Quote by Primus2112

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7

kkoo
Quote by jambi_mantra

How do you know if they're impacted?

Your dentist would tell you. Are they going to knock you out and then chisel them out of your jaw? They're impacted.

Are they just going to numb you well, then yank them out and clean up the sockets? Not impacted.
Quote by dullsilver_mike
Your dentist would tell you. Are they going to knock you out and then chisel them out of your jaw? They're impacted.

Are they just going to numb you well, then yank them out and clean up the sockets? Not impacted.

Ah I see. I'm going for an x-ray Friday so i guess I'll find out then.

I'm hoping for the second...

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
I had a friend who walked around for a week with a swollen-ass jaw.

You may look ridiculous.
Hugging Thread; I'm here to help

Oh you wouldn’t want an angel watching over
Surprise, surprise they wouldn’t wannna watch
Another uninnocent, elegant fall
Into the unmagnificent lives of adults

It's Tessa, not Tesse please.
It's not that bad. I had two removed back in December, and was ready to consume food after two days. I have to remove two more around Spring break. Good luck and stuff.
When my friend's girlfriend got hers our, we had the funniest week of our senior year. She couldn't really smile. Oh the jokes we had.
Quote by UntilISleep

Quote by Primus2112

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7

kkoo
Quote by izbbass
When my friend's girlfriend got hers our, we had the funniest week of our senior year. She couldn't really smile. Oh the jokes we had.

you cruel, hilarious person.
Quote by Marshmelllow
you cruel, hilarious person.

No regrets.
Quote by UntilISleep

Quote by Primus2112

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7

kkoo
Quote by ShevanelFlip
At least you'll probably get some of these

NUM NUM NUM

Doubt it. I had three taken out and once they are out there is no pain. There is just like a 2 or 3 day period where your mouth has gauze in it. It's a good idea to have them taken out over the summer or winter break if you're still in school.
People don't really go to heaven when they die. They're taken to a special place and burned - Sherlock Holmes

Your authority is not recognized in Fort Kickass!

It's not like bullshit, more like poetry.
Quote by jambi_mantra
Ah I see. I'm going for an x-ray Friday so i guess I'll find out then.

I'm hoping for the second...

Do they hurt all the time, especially when you chew or bite? If not, then they probably aren't impacted. The bottom ones might be because of the odd angles.

I got all 4 of mine cut out when I was 15 or 16. It took about an hour, and the worst part was not being able to move my jaw but an inch or so for the rest of the day. EAT BEFORE YOU GO Make sure you have yogurt, applesauce, oatmeal, etc. for when you get back.

I suggest you get whoever is taking you to go and give the pain prescription to a pharmacy while they do the procedure, and ice your face when you get back home (I alternated 20 mins on each side for an hour or so) to reduce the swelling some. Beyond that, as long as you do what they say and don't drink out of straws or smoke anything for a couple days you should be back to normal within a week.

EDIT: ^ I've never had oral surgery where they didn't give me at least some 5mg hydrocodone. I'm pretty sure they gave me 10's for my wisdom teeth.
Quote by Butt Rayge
Pretty sure Jesus was decaffeinated.

I'm just a hedonist without happiness
Last edited by doomded at Mar 13, 2012,
Quote by doomded
Do they hurt all the time, especially when you chew or bite? If not, then they probably aren't impacted. The bottom ones might be because of the odd angles.

I got all 4 of mine cut out when I was 15 or 16. It took about an hour, and the worst part was not being able to move my jaw but an inch or so for the rest of the day. EAT BEFORE YOU GO Make sure you have yogurt, applesauce, oatmeal, etc. for when you get back.

I suggest you get whoever is taking you to go and give the pain prescription to a pharmacy while they do the procedure, and ice your face when you get back home (I alternated 20 mins on each side for an hour or so) to reduce the swelling some. Beyond that, as long as you do what they say and don't drink out of straws or smoke anything for a couple days you should be back to normal within a week.

EDIT: ^ I've never had oral surgery where they didn't give me at least some 5mg hydrocodone. I'm pretty sure they gave me 10's for my wisdom teeth.

Nah they never hurt. They're not even uncomfortable so it's sounding like it should be ok.

Thanks for the tips though, I'll definitely keep them in mind.

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Quote by CoreysMonster
I know the feel
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.

Listening to: Coltrane

The apple always falls close to the tree, but the tree always falls on the power lines.
It was fine for me. The tranq was very cool ha ha ha.

The first few days you go through some discomfort (not horrible) and you go through a bunch of bloody bandages no biggie. Just sleep it off.

I actually enjoyed eating yogurt, pudding, apple sauce, and jello for a couple weeks. Good stuff.
Guitars:
Fender Highway One Stratocaster
Gretsch G5120
1973 Japanese Les Paul

Amp:
Vox AC30C2

Effects:
MJM Brit Bender MKII tonebender clone
Boss Blues-Driver
Fulltone Clyde Standard Wah
EHX Holy Grail Reverb
Catalinbread Echorec
I just got to chill on the couch and watch a Lord of the Rings marathon on tv all day while my mom made me food, then was fine by the next day. It was pretty nice. I didn't even have to use any of the Vicodin they gave me either.
Quote by doomded

do not eat before you go. they told me i cant have any food or liquids for 6-8 hour prior
All of mine were impacting and I had to have them removed and have steroid stuff injected in my jaw. It was probably the most painless procedure I've ever had. Just make sure you don't bite your tongue while you're still under anesthesia because that hurts the most! It probably takes about a week and a half to recover and you'll probably want to be eating mushy food during that time. Good luck!
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
do not eat before you go. they told me i cant have any food or liquids for 6-8 hour prior

If you're just getting a local, then you can eat. If they're going to actually put you under, then you'll have to fast. GA's can cause vomiting, so you're better off having as little as possible in your stomach before getting one, as you'd be quite likely to get some of it going down the wrong tube, and set up an infection in the lungs.
Somewhat related, I broke my jaw right where my bottom left wisdom tooth was. The tooth went down into the break forcing it open, it also gave me quite extensive nerv damage.
After the operation I couldn't feel a thing, mmm morphine. Everything healed without incident.

Related: I had the other two taken out about 6months ago. I elected to get put under on the dentist chair as they were compacted. The whole thing only took about 15minutes but about three weeks to heal. My diet consisted of two different types of pain killers, antibiotics and laxatives to try stop the antibiotics from making me constipated.

EDIT: anyone know how to post photos on here from an iPhone?
Last edited by brownshirt1 at Mar 16, 2012,
I was worried about the pain after I had mine out, but it wasn't bad at all. You don't remember falling asleep before the procedure, and you're totally and utterly out of when you emerge. The worst thing about wisdom teeth removal isn't pain, it's not being able to eat regular food. You'll be on a liquid diet for a week to two weeks, and it really, really sucks.

My best advice is to line up some of your favourite shows on your PC/TV, have the painkillers ready (they make you feel amazing) and just sleep a lot. Also, drink a LOT of water.
I've had one taken out. It wasn't nearly as bad as everyone makes it out to be.

I have one that has pretty much adjusted into a normal position, and one that is still under my gums.
Last edited by Gyroscope : Tomorrow at 01:00 PM.
Quote by CoreysMonster

What the fuck happened to your janitor powers?

My wisdom teeth have barely popped through in my mouth (just a little around the corners of them) but they don't really give me any problems. Not only that, but I don't trust myself with not smoking for the time it takes for my mouth to heal up.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
Took me over a week to recover from getting my bottom teeth out.

Took 4 hours to get over my top one.
Page 1 of 2