Basically the problem I'm having is all in the title.
I've get two guitar sounds that I love and I'm trying to get them both into this solo recording project I'm working on. They both sound perfect to me as they are, but when played at the same time, it starts to sound pretty out of place.

I recorded a small section of Black Sabbath's 'Sweet Leaf' this morning just to test these out and I think it demonstrates it well.
Please keep in mind that the playing is awful and the mix is almost as bad but it was just a rough run through for this specific purpose.

If you need to know anything about my equipment, just ask, I don't know what might help.

Sweet Leaf section (rough)

EDIT: forgot to mention, it's just one guitar (and bass) for the first section.
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
Last edited by gilly_90 at Mar 13, 2012,
See how it goes once you get into it. I'm only listening on crappy desktop speakers here, but I'm thinking that once you get the drums and bass up and the guitars down so that your levels are balanced, you just might be okay. As it is, I'm hearing about 80% guitar, and a little bit of ticky, ticky tick on the drums and a bit of bass. Guitars don't normally blend all THAT well all by themselves, but once you sit them in the mix properly, they'll start to take care of themselves.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
Thanks for the response, I suppose I'll have to give it another shot when I get some more time then.

As for the mixing, I did it in about 2 minutes so it's awful, but I'm very suprised it's anywhere near 80% guitar for you. The bass desperately needs to be mixed up a bit (and probably needs a better sound overall) but the drums were a point or two away from clipping at almost all times.
Maybe it's back to the drawing board.
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
What I like to do/try is to record one guitar on the Left channel, then one on the Right to see if they mesh well together. If not, try shifting the notes up or down on one of the guitars so they compliment one another. Sometimes, two guitars just don't want to live together in the same place, it'll happen. Good luck.