I am a beginner i want to learn guitar.I like to listen to Metallica,Korn and other death metal,trash metal songs.....and some times i prefer to blues and country music..
so which guitar should i learn Electric or Acoustic??????
You could get a guitar good for playing metal and blues. I'd probably get a Gibson if i were you. If you have the money you could get an electric and an acoustic.

Put it this way, any electric guitar you can play Metal and blues on..

You can't play metal on an acoustic.
I'd personally start with acoustic no matter what genre of music. If you learn first on acoustic, i feel like your forced to play with less mistakes then electric (i.e. distortion), you get a better sense of pressure on the fretboard, things like that. It really depends on what kind of guitarist you want to be though. If you want to be more precise and whatnot, I'd say start with the acoustic.

Note that i don't think it's any easier to learn on electric, just I've seen more people have trouble going electric to acoustic rather then acoustic to electric. Also it all depends on the players determination, playability, ears (hearing and matching notes, tempo and strumming patters, etc.) and plenty of other things.

Just remember, music is fun as long as you let it be.
Quote by adam102691
If you learn first on acoustic, i feel like your forced to play with less mistakes then electric (i.e. distortion), you get a better sense of pressure on the fretboard, things like that. .

I do agree with this post quite a bit. I ALMOST consider acoustic and electric 2 completely different instruments these days. Technique and play style are quite different with an acoustic and electric in my opinion. I consider myself an intermediate electric player but hand me hand me an acoustic and i'd probably consider myself beginner - intermediate.

Making a switch from acoustic to electric i believe is a lot easier than electric to acoustic.
Personally...get a cheap Squire or something. No use in buying an expensive piece of equipment if you're barely a beginner. You may find you wont be as active as you thought, so spending money should not be a big issue. As far as electric or acoustic, which ever calls your attention more really. No use in US telling you what to get.
Well......I have big balls.