Page 4 of 739
Goodbye, Eddie Royal. He's going to the Redskins. Was hoping he will go to Chicago to be with Cutler and Marshall again.
Quote by Death_switch
You know it won't.

I can hope.

I felt terrible all season watching the hope a 3-1 start gave my father slowly be crushed every time Rex Grossman threw the ball.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 46-49
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
Somewhat surprising moves from the Redskins considering the 36 million of cap space they've been docked.
Quote by Waffleexplosion
Only in a vodka ad could Mexico win a war.
Quote by thefuzz454
Somewhat surprising moves from the Redskins considering the 36 million of cap space they've been docked.

$36mil?! Wow that seems harsh. How is what they did worse than signing players to expensive single year contracts during uncapped years?
The Redskins got docked? lol what did Snyder do?
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Quote by Gibson_SG_uzr55
The Redskins got docked? lol what did Snyder do?

They frontloaded contracts during the uncapped season. Apparently they weren't supposed to do that.
I knew Dallas did that. I highly, highly doubt they are being docked that much from the cap though, that couldn't support any team
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Quote by Gibson_SG_uzr55
I knew Dallas did that. I highly, highly doubt they are being docked that much from the cap though, that couldn't support any team

36m for the Redskins (can be divided over 2 seasons)
10m for the Cowboys (again can be divided over 2 seasons)
Quote by Cadj
Okay, big-T is a legend first and foremost

Quote by necrosis1193
You are awesome, Big T.

Quote by Trowzaa
Would like to publicly state that Big-T is my new God and Hero
Divided over two seasons, now that makes more sense, but Jesus that's still a lot. Why the huge difference?
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

Quote by TunerAddict

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
So let's see what the Panthers have been up to lately:

•They doubled the cap salary of Captain Munnerlyn, who, despite his badass name, is statistically the worst starting DB in the league. This took half of our available 1.3 mil cap room.

•They cut Travelle Wharton, the team's most reliable and second-most experienced OL and kept Geoff Hangartner, a mediocre journeyman. Last season they had pretty similar salaries.

•They cut many reliable backups who were decent during the injury-riddled season including
• Antwan Applewhite, DE (kicked ass as a pass rusher)
• Mackenzy Bernadeau, OL (started several games)
• Jordan Senn, LB (started in place of two injured pro bowl LBs, and was near the top of the team in tackles
• Jeremy Shockey, TE (Really helped the offense *cough* Cam Newton */cough* as a veteran, and only had a cap hit of about a million)

Why did we keep Marty Hurney after the 2010 season?

tl;dr the panthers perpetually blow.

Quote by Gibson_SG_uzr55
Divided over two seasons, now that makes more sense, but Jesus that's still a lot. Why the huge difference?

The part that makes no sense to me is that the league okayed the contracts before they were signed.
Last edited by SLEESTAK_BRO at Mar 13, 2012,
Quote by Gibson_SG_uzr55

Because the Redskins pushed more money into the uncapped year (Landry, Hall, Haynesworth)

Williams:
NFL Network's @JasonLaCanfora @michaelombardi both say Mario Williams will sign w/ the #Bills tonight. #NFL

The Bills’ offer to Williams will apparently include more than $91.5 million in total money, more than the $40.5 million in the first three years that the Bears gave Peppers, and more than the $42 million guaranteed that the Bears gave Peppers.
Quote by Cadj

Quote by necrosis1193
You are awesome, Big T.

Quote by Trowzaa
Hmm...that changes my draft then, I had the Bills drafting a DE. Speaking of Williams, I love watching whenever they talk about him on NFL Network - they always show footage of him sacking Big Ben.

Wondering if Williams will be playing as a linebacker in that 3-4 defense. Don't remember how well he did in that role with the Texans.

And despite his off the field issues, the 49ers will have a reliable corner in Perrish Cox. I always thought had he play and learn under Bailey for a couple of years he will be a good replacement for the Broncos, but oh well.

Bills going 4-3 now? In that case, good signing.
Last edited by Paroxysm at Mar 13, 2012,
Quote by Paroxysm
Wondering if Williams will be playing as a linebacker in that 3-4 defense. Don't remember how well he did in that role with the Texans.

Bills and Dolphins are copying the Patriots and going 4-3.

But he had a fair few sacks before he went on IR last season.
Quote by Cadj

Quote by necrosis1193
You are awesome, Big T.

Quote by Trowzaa
Chicago Bears are also trying to sign Jason Campbell to back up Cutler this year which would be decent considering Hanie was terrible.

somehow i feel like chicago just hired a competent GM. our old GM was an idiot TBH.

EDIT: i'd be surprised if the bills pay that much it would be pretty sweet i'd love to see them do well this year again but usually they don't throw money around like that.
song stuck in my head today

Last edited by lbc_sublime at Mar 13, 2012,
Quote by big-T
Because the Redskins pushed more money into the uncapped year (Landry, Hall, Haynesworth)

Williams:

Ah, and McNabb as well
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

Quote by TunerAddict

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Wait, I'm confused about what the Skins did that broke rules. You can't front-load contracts?

Quote by necrosis1193
Wait, I'm confused about what the Skins did that broke rules. You can't front-load contracts?

Teams were sent the all powerful Goodell memo that they couldn't front load contracts into the uncapped year.

The same almighty memo is what did the Patriots in for spygate, that and what the Skins/Cowboys did weren't against the rules, Goodell just didn't like it.
Quote by Cadj

Quote by necrosis1193
You are awesome, Big T.

Quote by Trowzaa
Quote by Paroxysm
Campbell is not a bad choice. If the Dolphins release Matt Moore, I'd take him.

Moore really did not play bad at all last year
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

Quote by TunerAddict

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Quote by big-T
Teams were sent the all powerful Goodell memo that they couldn't front load contracts into the uncapped year.

The same almighty memo is what did the Patriots in for spygate, that and what the Skins/Cowboys did weren't against the rules, Goodell just didn't like it.

That seems a bit...unfair. I mean I can understand why he sent that memo out in the uncapped year - make sure nobody cashes in now to sign a bunch of stars, use your gigantic capital you never could before, and have them for years - but unless Washington and Dallas would've been over the cap that year, I don't like it. Hell, hasn't exactly worked out for either one.

Quote by Gibson_SG_uzr55
Ah, and McNabb as well

talking about McNabb is his career just over now, i don't think he has officially retired but after minny last year is it a safe bet?

Actually, I take what I said back. DEN is still the most attractive option for Manning.
Quote by Overlord
It's not hard to be nice, but it's nice to be hard
Quote by Gibson_SG_uzr55
Moore really did not play bad at all last year

When they get Peyton that leaves the Jets pretty much screwed

Patriots: Brady, Welker, Gronk, Hernandez and not much outside Wilfork & Mayo on the defensive side.
Bills: Johnson, Mechem,Jackson with Williams, Dareus, Byrd on the other side of the ball
Dolphins: Peyton, Wayne, Clark then Wake on the other side of the ball
Quote by Cadj

Quote by necrosis1193
You are awesome, Big T.

Quote by Trowzaa
I'm still not sure if Marshall leaving makes Miami less or more attractive for Peyton. On the one hand, it means more space for him and Reggie. On the other, he was a good receiver and a good bargaining tool.

Quote by necrosis1193
I'm still not sure if Marshall leaving makes Miami less or more attractive for Peyton. On the one hand, it means more space for him and Reggie. On the other, he was a good receiver and a good bargaining tool.

Apparently Peyton didn't want to work with Marshall...which is understandable because he is a bit of a headcase

Wayne & Bess with Clark & Fassano at TE and Bush at RB is enough receiving options for him.

It also leaves the draft slot for someone like Floyd.
Quote by Cadj

Quote by necrosis1193
You are awesome, Big T.

Quote by Trowzaa
Quote by lbc_sublime
talking about McNabb is his career just over now, i don't think he has officially retired but after minny last year is it a safe bet?

I would say it's over for him :/ I hope he retires anyway. I had a great time watching him for 10 years. I don't want to see his downward spiral anymore
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

Quote by TunerAddict

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
People who will be posting 10-11 pages from now, tell us where Peyton is going!!!!
Quote by Overlord
Quote by big-T
Apparently Peyton didn't want to work with Marshall...which is understandable because he is a bit of a headcase

Wayne & Bess with Clark & Fassano at TE and Bush at RB is enough receiving options for him.

It also leaves the draft slot for someone like Floyd.

sounds like Manning is a head case asking for former players be signed and demanding other players be removed. is anyone sure he can even play yet?

Quote by Carnivean
People who will be posting 10-11 pages from now, tell us where Peyton is going!!!!

I would guess Miami
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

Quote by TunerAddict

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Quote by Carnivean

Miamizonnesseenver.

Quote by lbc_sublime
sounds like Manning is a head case asking for former players be signed and demanding other players be removed. is anyone sure he can even play yet?

He's an arrogant, self centred egotist.

He also can't take the blame himself, it's always the receiver or his line he throws them under the bus more than any QB I've seen.

And no, nobody knows if he can actually play anymore so it's typical Miami to sign him then find out he can't throw the ball past the LoS
Quote by Cadj

Quote by necrosis1193
You are awesome, Big T.

Quote by Trowzaa
Quote by necrosis1193
That seems a bit...unfair. I mean I can understand why he sent that memo out in the uncapped year - make sure nobody cashes in now to sign a bunch of stars, use your gigantic capital you never could before, and have them for years - but unless Washington and Dallas would've been over the cap that year, I don't like it. Hell, hasn't exactly worked out for either one.

No doubt they would have been over the cap that year, but so would several other teams. Like deathswitch said, I don't see how it's any more "taking advantage" of the uncapped year than offering big single year contracts.

Oh well, I care way more about the precedent it sets than how it actually affects the Cowboys, at the worst they'll be forced to get rid of some these overpaid players who haven't been useful for a while. Levying punishments this harsh (especially for the Redskins) for violating vague "rules" is not ok.
Quote by Waffleexplosion
Only in a vodka ad could Mexico win a war.
Quote by Carnivean

My sources say Arizona.

But I would find it hilarious if he ended up in Denver.

#1 Because he wouldn't win
#2 Because of the situation it would cause with Tebow (who is represented by the same people as Manning I might add)

In fairness though he probably needs the thin air to get those few extra yards on his throws.
Quote by big-T
He's an arrogant, self centred egotist.

He also can't take the blame himself, it's always the receiver or his line he throws them under the bus more than any QB I've seen.

And no, nobody knows if he can actually play anymore so it's typical Miami to sign him then find out he can't throw the ball past the LoS

thats too bad sounds like a guy i wouldn't want on my team TBH. if i was playing.....

Quote by Gibson_SG_uzr55
I would say it's over for him :/ I hope he retires anyway. I had a great time watching him for 10 years. I don't want to see his downward spiral anymore

sounds like the best luckily i haven't seen any of my sports idols play past thier prime and i hope i don't have too.

Bucs sign VJ and are bringing in Carl Nicks.
May the Schwartz be with us! 2012

MAL

Q: OK, so do you care about the labels — nastiest, edgiest team in the NFL?

Jim Schwartz: It's better than the alternative — meekest, least aggressive, softest team in the NFL.

Quote by Death_switch
#1 Because he wouldn't win

Why exactly?
Quote by Overlord
Jackson's contract:

Vincent Jackson deal in Tampa: 5 yrs, $55.55 million, including $26 million guaranteed, $36 million in 1st 3 yrs, $26 million in 1st 2 yrs.
Quote by Cadj

Quote by necrosis1193
You are awesome, Big T.

Quote by Trowzaa