Quote by Carnivean
I had a dream that Tebow replaced Romo as the starting QB for the cowboys.

I've already booked a cat scan with my family physician.

Meanwhile, in the world I wish I lived in...
Quote by Carnivean
I had a dream that Tebow replaced Romo as the starting QB for the cowboys.

I've already booked a cat scan with my family physician.

We are talking about Jerry Jones here.

Rule nothing out.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 46-49
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
Quote by Goodell's Reddit
We're reevaluating all low blocks on defenders. I would anticipate that there will be changes in this area.

Very happy to see this happen. It's absurd that offensive players get penalties for things that it's legal to do to a defender. Very interested to see how it alters the running game as well - suspect we'll see a lot more speed backs that outrun the defenders make things happen without relying on blockers rather than guys who rely on holes being opened.

While NFL officials are embracing the idea of a cold-weather Super Bowl in New York next year, Baltimore Ravens quarterback Joe Flacco is firmly in the opposing camp.

"I think it's retarded," Flacco said at his Super Bowl news conference Monday, via the Denver Post.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000132115/article/joe-flacco-super-bowl-in-coldweather-venue-stupid

So much for dull I was not expecting someone like Joe to be so outspoken!

Also triplepost. I'm really bored after class.

"I think it's retarded. I probably shouldn't say that. I think it's stupid"

Goddamn retards who censored 'retard'.
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Quote by TEK34
q: "Just how important is Rich Eisen to the NFL Network and shouldn't he get a raise?"

Commish: "Thanks for your question, Mrs. Eisen!"

He has a sense of humour!

'

This comment in regards to adding a team to London "The London Redcoats! Throw them in the same division as the Patriots and we instantly have the greatest rivalry in sports."
UG Radio

Quote by ddrocksv3_4xpk
Thine Behold one rollin?
Quote by _T_H_R_I_C_E_
Lo, and the other lads be hating,
gallyvanting around,
attempting to catch me cycling in an unsavory fashion.

XBL: Panzyz

PSN: Dasan104
Quote by Cadj
Joe Flacco is an idiot.

I agree with him. I don't want the goddamn weather to affect the most important game of the season.

Roger Goodell has a 61% disapproval among players. No surprise.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000131936/article/former-49er-harris-accused-of-assaulting-exboyfriend

What the hell?
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Quote by Gibson_SG_uzr55
I agree with him. I don't want the goddamn weather to affect the most important game of the season.

It's sport.

You play in all weather unless it is legitimately dangerous.
I guess in the case of championship games I disagree. I love to watch a game in the snow, but a snowy Super Bowl would be awful.
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

Quote by TunerAddict

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
My favorite part of the Goodell AMA today was Chris Kluwe (Vikings punter) posting a question with his Reddit account and Goodell answering it with no idea an NFL player asked the question.

Kluwe's question (complete with Rick Astley lyrics at the end )
Dear Commissioner. I was curious about what you thought on the role of traumatic injury in the NFL, and the dichotomy between making the game safer versus giving the fans the hard hits and satiated bloodlust they so clearly desire. It seems to me that a lot of the popularity of the game boils down to the fact that there is that risk of injury, so I guess what I'm essentially asking is how are you going to balance that going forward without people feeling like you're never going to give them up, or never going to let them down?

Goodell's response:
The game of football has always been tough and always will be. Even before the NFL was founded, President Teddy Roosevelt called the college presidents in to make sure that the safety issues of the game were addressed since there had been 17 deaths in 1905 alone. From there came the first and ten, forward pass and the inception of the NCAA. Since then, the game has flourished while sticking to the fundamentals of fair and competitive football. Our football coaches and executives wanted to bring the game back to the fundamentals of tackling and blocking. We have seen some of the best NFL football in our history during this season's playoffs. Hope we finish with another great one on Sunday.
Snow Superbowl would be amazing

I ****ing hate domes

Nothing beats those freezing games in New England, Green Bay, Pittsburg, Buffalo, New York, Philly, ect
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
I love cold weather games - as my disdain for dome teams should show - but I've got to be honest, I do not like the idea of a cold weather championship. It'd just feel kinda crappy if, say, the Saints were a legitimately better team than the Bengals, but they played in a snowy, -7º Foxborough, so the Bengals, the cold outdoor team, won handily.

Of course this hypothetical involves the impossible of the Bengals winning a Superbowl, but still. Keep it either warm or inside until every NFL team realizes how bad domes are and goes outside.

Last edited by necrosis1193 at Jan 28, 2013,
Quote by Cadj
It's sport.

You play in all weather unless it is legitimately dangerous.

Hey buddy, in this thread it's sports
Quote by necrosis1193
I love cold weather games - as my disdain for dome teams should show - but I've got to be honest, I do not like the idea of a cold weather championship. It'd just feel kinda crappy if, say, the Saints were a legitimately better team than the Bengals, but they played in a snowy, -7º Foxborough, so the Bengals, the cold outdoor team, won handily.

Of course this hypothetical involves the impossible of the Bengals winning a Superbowl, but still. Keep it either warm or inside until every NFL team realizes how bad domes are and goes outside.

I see your point, but wouldn't teams from warm weather climates still be at a disadvantage though?
Quote by MakinLattes
I'd kill you and wear your skin.
Quote by Siv During Livh
To attempt to have intercourse with a hornet's nest is a very bad idea,

Voted UG's worst cross dresser.
Also voted #95 on UG's Top 100 2013. Like it means anything....
Quote by Cadj
Then that's the Saints fault for playing in a dome and not adjusting to the weather.

I'd agree in regular season, but when it comes to the Superbowl, I don't want something as unpredictable as the weather costing someone a championship. That just feels cheap.

Quote by muffinduck01
I see your point, but wouldn't teams from warm weather climates still be at a disadvantage though?

Also that. What's a team that has naturally warm climates year-round supposed to do if they play a Superbowl in a frigid Buffalo?

Quote by muffinduck01

Pretty much, as a Dolphins fan who lives in South Florida (where the weather is in the 70s right now) we'd definitely be at a disadvantage. Of course, we're not going to a Super Bowl anytime soon, but the principle still stands.

I guess you could argue that most southern teams still have to play away games up north during the season, but somehow I doubt that would be much of an equalizer.
Maybe it's because I live over here where I think there's one stadium with a retractable roof that never gets used (I don't watch rugby so I don't know if Wales use it) but I really don't see the logic in "the weather costing a team a championship"

You adapt to the conditions just like you'd adapt to something that happens in the game. If you can't handle the weather then your team sucks.
Quote by Cadj
Maybe it's because I live over here where I think there's one stadium with a retractable roof that never gets used (I don't watch rugby so I don't know if Wales use it) but I really don't see the logic in "the weather costing a team a championship"

You adapt to the conditions just like you'd adapt to something that happens in the game. If you can't handle the weather then your team sucks.

That probably has something to do with it. America is 9,583,065 km2 larger than the UK, and nearly 10,000,000 bigger than Scotland. As a result, there's a huge variety of climates, much more than in either England or Scotland - there are people in Texas who've probably never seen snow their entire adult lives, and there are people in Minnesota who heave weather that looks more like Canada than America. You've got tundras like Green Bay, and crippling heat like Tampa. You have a gigantic variance in climates from state to state, it is a very real disadvantage going into an environment you're not used to for a game. Something like that should be a factor in the regular season, but should not be a factor in the Superbowl.

Last edited by necrosis1193 at Jan 28, 2013,
Quote by Cadj

The Millenium Stadium's roof is opened or closed depending on what the visiting team wants or if it's raining IIRC.

But yeah, weather's a crap excuse, even with the massive climate changes you get in the US.
I don't have a problem with the superbowl being played up north. I don't think the cold weather advantage is all that significant any more, not like it was 20 years ago. Every cold weather team except the Bengals has an indoor practice facility. Every team has giant ass jackets for the players and heaters on the sideline. The "frozen tundra of Lambeau" doesn't exist anymore, it's a heated field. Precipitation could present a problem, but that hasn't stopped them from allowing Miami to host it.
Quote by Waffleexplosion
Only in a vodka ad could Mexico win a war.
I would agree if it weren't for what I saw this year in Denver. For the overtime coin-flip, Ray Lewis, a guy who's played his whole career outside in a cold-weather city, was in short-sleeves, no jacket, and looked comfortable in weather that, windchill accounted for, was subzero. Peyton on the other hand brought his jacket out to midfield, and had both hands stuffed into his handwarmer. The field may be warm, and the heaters may be warm, but that offers little solace to a standing player out on the field of play, especially when there's significant windchill. If that player isn't ready for the cold, they're going to be worse at their position than I would be.

What great timing for the deer antler story to come out. Seems a lil suspect to me. Poor guy can't enjoy the pinnacle of his profession yet again.
The media will bring out anything that they can to make a story for super bowl week

It'd be funny if it was true though lol
Odds are looking like Jennings will be some where else next season. He put his house in Wisconsin on the market.
Quote by TEK34
The thing about Ray Lewis is that if anyone's going to do whatever it takes to be on the field ASAP it'll be him.

I'm just gonna assume, if he did...uh...antler-up, he did because he knew it was his "last ride" and desperately wanted to be there for his teammates. I'm sure he has and will make mistakes but I admire the guy's heart.
Few thoughts about the Ray Lewis thing:

1. I want actual audio files if this guy is saying he recorded his phone call with Ray. It's one thing to transcribe, but it's another thing to actually hear it. Just like Bountygate, it was one thing to have people say "Gregg Williams said to take out Crabtree's ACL", that's a possibility, and a damning one, but it's not hard evidence. It does not prove he did or said anything, it's one person's word against another's, and neither is magically more credible. Then we got the recording of him saying it, and that was the tipping point for a lot of people, myself included, to go from "This is kinda murky but doesn't look good" to "Fuck the Saints and Gregg Williams" That was real, hard evidence that proved Gregg Williams was targeting people like that. If this guy says he has audio files of these conversations, I want to hear them.
2. The timing is almost too convenient if I'm Mitch Ross. Nobody knows who the hell this guy is, because who follows the PED exploits of a former male stripper, outside of Entertainment Tonight? But then suddenly, it comes out that one of the biggest names in the biggest television event each year is using his products. On media day no less. I'm not saying this definitely damns the report, but it certainly does give a probable motive for him to fake it. It's definitely why it came out now of all times. On that note,
3. This has happened before. If I recall properly, the exact same guy said the exact same thing after Ray's recovery in 2011 from his toe injury. Nobody gave it any attention because it wasn't a media circus like Superbowl week, and it was a former male stripper running a brand nobody's ever heard of claiming a guy who tested negative on a drug test was huffing deer antler. Nothing came of it then. Now this could mean that Ray did it both times and this guy was right both times, but since the drug tests came back negative, I'm inclined to believe Ross was lying before, and someone who's done it once without consequence won't have reservations about doing it again.

I'm not saying Ray's definitely in the clear. There's definite motive for him to do it - he's in his last year, nobody wants an injury to end their career, and the Ravens were 5-1 when they lost him. They could bomb the rest of the way and still make the playoffs, and any playoff run is a chance at the Superbowl, as happened this season.

Ray's a very competitive guy who's put his all into this team for 17 years, I would not put this past him, and I'm sad to say that. But at the same time, there's enough stuff that seems fishy about this whole thing for me not to believe it at face value. I want to hear more before I think he's guilty - just like I gave Sherman the benefit of the doubt in his appeals, I'm giving it to Ray here.

Last edited by necrosis1193 at Jan 29, 2013,
Quote by necrosis1193
necro

Would you think less of Ray Ray if it were true?
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
It's funny how these convenient stories always show up just days before a Super Bowl. Just like how Randy Moss had that assault complaint filed and it was dropped right after the SB.

Quote by big-T

If they can sign him for the minimum contract they have nothing to lose. Worst case scenario, he gets cut in camp.
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

Quote by TunerAddict

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Never ever ever thought I would ever say this in a billion years.
Go Ravens.

Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Edit: ^ I must know the rationale for this

Quote by bradulator
Would you think less of Ray Ray if it were true?

In the sense that I'd be disappointed, yes. But it wouldn't make me go from what I think of him now to completely disrespecting him. Both are against the rules, but I feel there's a difference between taking to recover from injury, and taking to play better. Plus, as I said, it's his last season, it's hard not to understand the guy's rationale. Doesn't make it right if he did it, but it makes more sense.

Quote by zdh
It's hard to think less of someone who at the very minimum helped cover up the deaths of two men.

One of the men who was with Ray that night, Reginald Oakley, is actually releasing a book later this summer about the events of the weekend. Thanks to Double Jeopardy, unless Oakley confesses to murder in the book, there isn't much trouble he can get in since he was acquitted, so I'm very interested to see what's in that book, for better or worse for Ray.

Last edited by necrosis1193 at Jan 29, 2013,
Quote by genghisgandhi

That's really cool

loljets
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

Quote by TunerAddict

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Quote by Gibson_SG_uzr55
It's funny how these convenient stories always show up just days before a Super Bowl. Just like how Randy Moss had that assault complaint filed and it was dropped right after the SB.

Boston Herlad printing a front page story about how the Patriots taped the Rams walkthrough too which turned out to be false and they had to issue a retraction & apology.

Great timing though
Quote by Cadj
Okay, big-T is a legend first and foremost

Quote by necrosis1193
You are awesome, Big T.

Quote by Trowzaa
Would like to publicly state that Big-T is my new God and Hero