A guy around my area is trading his Fender Mustang from 1968 (authentic vintage) and I do like those guitars a lot. Is it a fair trade? Every piece of gear is fully working and in great condition (from 1 to 10, like 8).

Mesa Royal Atlantic
Marshall Class 5C
Emperor 4x12 Silver Bells
Yamaha THR10
LTD Viper 500 with Duncans
imo the hwy1 is worth $550 and the laney $400. at least here in the midwest of the US.

so is a 68 mustang worth $900-1000?

if it plays nice and is in fact all original i'd probably do it. but i have a soft spot for old gear.
mustangs aren't the most desirable vintage fenders, they're nice but there isn't a huge mob of collectors after them.

look at it this way, the new fender mustangs (mij) are priced around $900. so it's the same price as a new one lol.

post pics, if it's not roached to the point of being lawn trash it's probably pretty cool.

edit: random thought, if you put a MIM neck on a HWY1 does that make it a HWY Juan?
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Last edited by gregs1020 at Mar 13, 2012,
You'd have a hard time getting $400 for the LC15R around here. I'd say around $250. I have an LC15 (no reverb) and think $200 would be top price.
imo the hwy1 is worth $550 and the laney $400. at least here in the midwest of the US.

so is a 68 mustang worth $900-1000?

if it plays nice and is in fact all original i'd probably do it. but i have a soft spot for old gear.
mustangs aren't the most desirable vintage fenders, they're nice but there isn't a huge mob of collectors after them.

look at it this way, the new fender mustangs (mij) are priced around $900. so it's the same price as a new one lol.

post pics, if it's not roached to the point of being lawn trash it's probably pretty cool.

It's on good condition. Are new MIJ mustangs as good as the old american ones?

You'd have a hard time getting $400 for the LC15R around here. I'd say around $250. I have an LC15 (no reverb) and think $200 would be top price.

Music gear is kind of expensive around here, specially tube amps. Used LC15R is actually priced around $400 USD equivalent. MIA fenders are really expensive around here, I could sell mine for $800 USD equivalent with ease.

Another question. I believe there are more options for making mods to a strat than a mustang, right? I like my HW1 already, so I don't know if it's a better idea to mod my guitar, let's say aluminum pickguard, somo nice pick ups, super V bridge and locking nut...

Mesa Royal Atlantic
Marshall Class 5C
Yamaha THR10
Quote by Perverockstar69
It's on good condition. Are new MIJ mustangs as good as the old american ones?

it depends, guitar to guitar etc. but generally, i'd take the old one if it was in good condition by far.
What color is the mustang? Some colors are rarer than others and fetch a bit more cash because of it. Mustangs (all original in great shape) bring around $1500, give or take.

Highway Ones bring around $500, a bit more for the older small headstock ones.
Not sure on the Laney, but its probably a good deal if you want it.
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]
It's a black mustang.

Mesa Royal Atlantic
Marshall Class 5C
Yamaha THR10
hey if it's in good original condition you should consider it strongly. it's not a bad deal imo if it's in nice condition.

play it, see if it's a turd.
Quote by gregs1020

edit: random thought, if you put a MIM neck on a HWY1 does that make it a HWY Juan?

I cant comment on the fair trade situation - I'd trust what theyre saying more than what I do. But I thought I'd let gregs know that that made me laugh
Ball Custom Mark I

Korg Pitchblack > Dunlop Crybaby wah > mODDball audio Green Bastard > Marshall GV2 Guv'nor Plus > EHX Holy Stain > MXR Phase 90 > MXR Carbon Copy

Jet City JCA20h
Epiphone Valve Jr.
Blackstar HTV212