Page 1 of 2
My old Sansa clip 8GB is dying. I absolutely loved that little thing, but now the power/lock button is broken and it's hard to use it anymore, since it often gets jammed to locked position and glitches.

So now I'm looking for a new one. This is what I'm looking for:

1. It should have a lot of memory (over 20GB should be enough)

2. It should be as durable and impact-resistant as possible, since i'm going to use it outdoors and I should be able to run and cycle while listening to it. I don't want to buy a new one every year. (so maybe it shouldn't be a touch-screen)

3.It should have versatile features to create playlists and browse music by artists, albums, genre, etc...

4.I don't need to view images/videos with it and it doesn't need to have an internet connection and/or social features.

And also, it should be less than 400 euros, since i probably cannot afford any more.
So, tell me any good ones you know / have experiences with and I see if it suits my needs.

And 5. I don't want an apple
iPod Classic is still the best large storage player available. Sad but true.
¯|(°_o)/¯
I'm going to ignore almost every point you made and suggest using PS Vita as an mp3 player.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
iPods are about the only things you can find accessories for these days.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Get an iPod

"But WCPhils, I am so different and edgy. I can not possibly own an Apple product."

I don't care.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Last edited by WCPhils at Mar 13, 2012,
Quote by lushacrous
I'm going to ignore almost every point you made and suggest using PS Vita as an mp3 player.

Whaaaaaaaaat?!?!?
I wouldn't get an ipod classic, if your going to being a lot of running, cycyling , etc... All the bouncing around isn't good for the hard drive, you'll want something with a solid state hard drive. They are more expensive, but I've had my ipod nano for 5 years now, the lock switch failed, but other than that it works the same as the day I got it.

You should reconsider point 5. I do not own any apple product other than my ipod, and I didn't want it. I asked my parents for a squier precision bass for my birthday when I was in highschool, got an ipod instead. They make a great mp3 player.
Quote by VoxSG
Whaaaaaaaaat?!?!?

I don't even know why, I don't own one, but think how weird of a purchase it would be to buy a Vita for the sake of playing music.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

Quote by lushacrous
I don't even know why, I don't own one, but think how weird of a purchase it would be to buy a Vita for the sake of playing music.

It would be weird because nobody does it. Nobody does it for a reason. It make much more sense to buy a dedicated media player.
OP, get an iPod.
Quote by Piglizard
I wouldn't get an ipod classic, if your going to being a lot of running, cycyling , etc... All the bouncing around isn't good for the hard drive, you'll want something with a solid state hard drive. They are more expensive, but I've had my ipod nano for 5 years now, the lock switch failed, but other than that it works the same as the day I got it.

Honestly, they're pretty durable. I owned one for over 4 years, during which i dropped it hundreds of times. The shell was all dented up but it still worked perfectly. It was dropped while it was on an the harddrive was spinning too. The really really old 20gb ipods had problems with fragile harddrives, but the new ones are durable as shit.
¯|(°_o)/¯
I run frequently and getting an iPod Classic really isn't the best option as versatile for those purposes. I have two iPods actually - an iPod Shuffle Original for running and an iPod Classic 120GB for normal use. Why do you even want an mp3 players over 20GB for running/cycling anyway? Fair enough if you one just one for everything but that's not practical enough to be true. Get an iPod Classic 120GB for normal use and cheap iPod Shuffle for running. The Shuffle is inexpensive.

Don't listen to people who say there are problems with the iPod Classic. They don't break easily, you just get more stories of them breaking because most people have them. It has never failed me and they have a very long life span.

Your point 5 is really silly.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後
¸.•´¸.•´¨¸.•¤¨哭泣我不在這裡 我不在那裡請在嗶一聲之後留
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´(´¸.•¤´`¤下自己的秘密請在嗶一聲之後對話筒沾自喜請在嗶一聲之後對空氣唉聲嘆氣

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Quote by ChamsRock
iPod. Why don't you want an Apple product? iPods are much better than Mac computers.

HEYY! macs are great. unless you're a video game addict.
What I don't like about the Ipod Classic is that it requires Itunes to synch, am I right? It would be a lot better if I could be able to just plug it into the computer and drag the files/folders in there. Also, the controlling wheel looks pretty impractical to me and hard to use while jogging etc.

And I already have an android phone, but I don't like to use it as music player, because the battery doesn't last very long, and the touch screen is hard to use outdoors.

Yeah, and about buying two players, I wouldn't like to do that either. I really listen to a lot of music, and I usually have the whole discographies of the bands I listen to. I like to have it all in one place, so that where ever I go, I have many options to choose from.
Last edited by ShockHazard at Mar 13, 2012,
Quote by ShockHazard
What I don't like about the Ipod Classic is that it requires Itunes to synch, am I right? It would be a lot better if I could be able to just plug it into the computer and drag the files/folders in there. Also, the controlling wheel looks pretty impractical to me and hard to use while jogging etc.

The itunes is the big downsides, although there are several programs for your pc that you can use instead for transferring songs.
The wheel is brilliant, no problems using it while jogging.
¯|(°_o)/¯
Quote by ShockHazard
And I already have an android phone, but I don't like to use it as music player, because the battery doesn't last very long, and the touch screen is hard to use outdoors.

Can't help with the touch screen part, but Spotify is much less intense on your battery than any other music app.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Quote by Gunpowder

Quote by ShockHazard

Yeah, and about buying two players, I wouldn't like to do that either. I really listen to a lot of music, and I usually have the whole discographies of the bands I listen to. I like to have it all in one place, so that where ever I go, I have many options to choose from.

you don't have to sync an iPod unless you have it set to sync automatically. if you change it to manual, you can just drag the files you want over to the iPod. at least that is how it used to be. i just automatically sync my iPhone now because its easier when you have a large music library.
MM Stingray
MIA P Bass
MIM Jazz Bass
GK 700RB-II Head
GK 410SBX Cab
Sansamp 3 Ch. DI
Crybaby Bass Wah
Bass Big Muff
DD3 Delay

MIA Strat
Nashville Tele
Martin 00015M
Hot Rod Deluxe
Big Muff
DS1
Hendrix Crybaby Wah
I would say an Ipod classic or a zune. I have zune hd 32gb (also in 16 and 64) and it's wonderful, very small and light, which also makes it more bearable with a case on it. It's an all touch screen too, but Zune also makes bigger models that aren't touch screens in sizes up to 120gb I think.
Get an iPod. My iPod classic is 5 years old, I've dropped it many times and I run with it, and it still works just as good as it did the day I bought it.
Quote by funkbass369
you don't have to sync an iPod unless you have it set to sync automatically. if you change it to manual, you can just drag the files you want over to the iPod. at least that is how it used to be. i just automatically sync my iPhone now because its easier when you have a large music library.

You still have to install and use iTunes to put music on the device. It doesn't just mount as a folder like every other MP3 player on the market does allowing you to also use its space for general storage or playback on non-iPod compatible systems like the 360.
I think I'll start seriously considering about buying the ipod, since so many people are recommending it. Keep the suggestions coming, though, and tell any more pros and cons you know about the ipod classic.
My current Mp3 costed me $22

4GB and maybe 20+ hours of battery. I'm pretty happy.
Hugging Thread; I'm here to help

Oh you wouldn’t want an angel watching over
Surprise, surprise they wouldn’t wannna watch
Another uninnocent, elegant fall
Into the unmagnificent lives of adults

It's Tessa, not Tesse please.
I don't understand the hate with iTunes. I seriously don't. I have it to automatic-sync. It works like a charm and it's easy to use.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後
¸.•´¸.•´¨¸.•¤¨哭泣我不在這裡 我不在那裡請在嗶一聲之後留
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´(´¸.•¤´`¤下自己的秘密請在嗶一聲之後對話筒沾自喜請在嗶一聲之後對空氣唉聲嘆氣

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Quote by Harmonius
I don't understand the hate with iTunes. I seriously don't. I have it to automatic-sync. It works like a charm and it's easy to use.

This. What's so bad about iTunes? Oh yeah, apple made it
http://www.archos.com/

I use the 2 GB one, so it was cheap as feck ( I actually didn't buy it). I've had it for three years, and the back cover is nearly coming off (because I keep messing and stretching it). Battery lasts forever. Seriously, never dies and it could support a block's worth of electricity.
My problem with iPod/iTunes is, why not just let me drag one song into my iPod? Why sync the entire library? That and the lack of supported audio/video types. I can't listen to .flac or .wav? I have to convert every god damn video to .mp4? F*ck that. My Android phone plays any format with no conversion necessary. Then people tell me I'm trying to be cool and different by not buying Apple products... no, Android was just better lol. I tried it, I honestly did, but my iPod was nothing but a headache for me, I sold it after a month
Quote by OVER9000VIDEOS
My problem with iPod/iTunes is, why not just let me drag one song into my iPod? Why sync the entire library? That and the lack of supported audio/video types. I can't listen to .flac or .wav? I have to convert every god damn video to .mp4? F*ck that. My Android phone plays any format with no conversion necessary. Then people tell me I'm trying to be cool and different by not buying Apple products... no, Android was just better lol. I tried it, I honestly did, but my iPod was nothing but a headache for me, I sold it after a month

Sounds like you tried real hard using iTunes.
Quote by Vitor_vdp

Sounds like you tried real hard using iTunes.

I did actually. I dunno, did I miss something?

I just find dragging stuff into a folder so much easier

I too have never had a problem with iTunes.

This. What's so bad about iTunes? Oh yeah, apple made it

Perhaps that it's slow, crashes all the time, installs a tonne of services that create a very noticeable dent in boot time if your system is clean, and offers little in the way of features I personally find useful while being a barrier to storing non-music files or playback on devices that only understand the standard USB mass storage protocol. It was installed to activate an iPod Touch 3G and taken off days after because it's such horrid software.
Quote by OVER9000VIDEOS

Wut? Like Vitor said, sounds like you tried real hard.

I dislike Apple products too though, but for different reasons.
Quote by Vitor_vdp
You can drag individual songs in iTunes.

I know, I'm talking about putting the songs onto my iPod. I remember I always had to sync my ENTIRE library.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
Wut? Like Vitor said, sounds like you tried real hard.

Wut?

I have iTunes open right now, it'll only let me drag in .mp3 and .wma files, when I drag in .flac and .wav nothing happens.
Oh you don't want an apple product? That MUST mean you're trying to be edgy and different!

Holy ****ing shit.
Quote by OVER9000VIDEOS
I know, I'm talking about putting the songs onto my iPod. I remember I always had to sync my ENTIRE library.

That's exactly what I mean. You don't have to sync your entire library, you can drag individual songs onto your iPod.
Quote by OVER9000VIDEOS
My problem with iPod/iTunes is, why not just let me drag one song into my iPod? Why sync the entire library?

Sounds like you never tried turning off automatic sync.
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
Quote by TheDuckMajor
HEYY! macs are great. unless you're a video game addict.

Macs are incredible, unless you wanted a computer.
Quote by caeser1156
Your dick could still have a chick even if that chick had a dick
Page 1 of 2