Hi guys i was just wondering what the difference is between the willkison vs 50 and vs 100 tremolo was, can any one tell me if it's worth it for the extra £100 the vs100. I'm building a custom tele and i've already spent too much on it so if any one could help it would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks Calum
The 100 has a stainless steel block, has a different saddle setup that's supposed to be more stable, and is at least supposed to be built to a higher spec. Different manufacturers build a licensed trem, though, so a Gotoh VS50 is going to be made better than a GFS VS100.

There shouldn't be that much difference in price - £100 is more than I paid for my VS100. I'm sure prices are a lot different in Europe, but perhaps you can get one imported from StewMac or something? Even with shipping costs it sounds like you'd be saving money. That is a crapload of money to be spending on a bridge.
on ebay the vs 100's are £140 and the vs50's are only about £40 or £50. I'll be putting locking tuners on will the at least hold tune as well as each other. i look in to the vs 50 and see if it's any good.
and i can't seem to find any vs50's that say the are made by Gotoh.
Quote by cip 123
haha nice man you from scotland as well?

Certainly am

Aberdeenshire, how about yourself?
cool. i'm from perth. it's just been named a city for the queen's jubilee thing and i'm pretty sure everyone here already thought it was a city.
For mounting, this bridge is the ultimate in self-alignment. The left stud locates the bridge in its half circle detent and the other rests against a straight blade for consistent, accurate pivoting and position. This is a proven, excellent bridge design.
Quote by cip 123
cool. i'm from perth. it's just been named a city for the queen's jubilee thing and i'm pretty sure everyone here already thought it was a city.

You mean it's just been a town this whole time?!
Quote by cip 123
haha, we've been tricked!

At least it's a city now though

Anyway, good luck with your build man
yeah.

thanks man i've just ordered the vs 50 term so i'll see how it goes. hope to have it finished in the easter like two weeks from now.