Poll: Should I do plyo cardio the day before a car trip?
Poll Options
View poll results: Should I do plyo cardio the day before a car trip?
Yeah, you'll be a little sore but you'll be fine
17 46%
No man, that's going to suck
20 54%
Voters: 37.
Tomorrow I'm driving to a university, which is 5 hours away (4.5 with 30 min for breaks). Today I'm scheduled to do my first p90x Plyometrics workout, and I'm wondering if that's a good idea or not. I'm getting up really early, driving 5 hours, walking around for 2, then driving another 5 back home. It's cruise control about 60% of the time.

Being my first time doing plyo, I'm expecting to be pretty sore tomorrow. Is this a bad idea? The alternative would be to stretch today and do plyo when I get back around 7 tomorrow. Any advice would be helpful.
Quote by WCPhils
According to that chart, women like men with a Pringle canister down there.
Michael Kelly Patriot Glory
Ibanez RG8
Blackstar HT 20 w/ Jet City cab
whole bunch o' pedals
Don't do it, I do many long drives and even I feel sore after 5 hours straight. A work out would only make it worse.
People in the pit take my post way too seriously.

MyAnimeList
7-String Legion

If you have a question PM me and I will always get back to you.
Dude, Plyo is hardcore. I hate that one. You won't feel sore tomorrow, you'll feel sore today, tomorrow, and the day after that. Just go for a run and do some jumping jacks instead.
Are you worried about falling asleep at the wheel? Cause I wouldn't worry about it otherwise. You'll likely feel better about sitting all day if you're sore, and I can almost guarantee you won't be motivated to work out after a 12 hour day.
language
jazyk
kieli
язык
العربية

My Tumblr: Lots of artist recommendations, album reviews, and ideas about music (as well as some film and bike stuff).

Go Sharks! Go Wings! Go Flyers! Go Kings!
Clearly you already know it's going to be a bad idea. You're going to be sore as **** and probably miserable.
Cardio before 10 hour trip?

Of course not.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
Cardio generally isn't supposed to make you sore
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
*google plyometrics*

Why would you ever do that?
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
You'll likely feel better about sitting all day if you're sore, and I can almost guarantee you won't be motivated to work out after a 12 hour day. (Invalid img)
Quote by ErikLensherr
*google plyometrics*

Why would you ever do that?

cns training and development.

and i dont think it will make you sore, you will just be mentally drained.
Quote by metaldud536
You can't wait one day?

Seriously. If you even think it might not be that great just wait. It's not like delaying your P90X for a couple day will mean anything in the end.
I ended up waiting, but the plan fell through, so I'm not going to visit the university after all. So that was a wasted day.
Quote by WCPhils
According to that chart, women like men with a Pringle canister down there.
Michael Kelly Patriot Glory
Ibanez RG8
Blackstar HT 20 w/ Jet City cab
whole bunch o' pedals