http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZ5koSEtN7s&ob=av2e

this has been one of my favorit songs lately, but because of my poor ear and music theory, I can't figure out what's the chord shape that Gary and the second guitarist seem to use throughout the song.

Can someone please tab this chord for me ? Thanks in advance .

That can't just be some kind of C chord shape, is it ?
Yamaha SG 800
Tokai USG 118s
Hughes&Kettner Tube Meister
Jet City JCA12XS
Laney Cub 10
Electro Harmonix Big Muff pi (tone/wicker)
Boss CH-1 Super Chorus
Guild D 125 CE <3
Last edited by Doogy-Style at Mar 13, 2012,
The chords are F, B, and Gmin. Now without me completely spelling it out for you (this is good practice for you) listen very carefully to what he is doing with his forth finger.
I'm the only player to be sponsered by 7 guitar companies not to use their products.
It would also do you good to pay attention to what his thumb is doing.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
^ I was pretty from the start that he fretted the root note with his thumb, ain't it ?

On the other hand, that pinky thing he does, while I can make it work on the F chord, I'm not sure I get it for the rest.

Ahh, such kickass song from a kickass guitarist.
Yamaha SG 800
Tokai USG 118s
Jet City JCA12XS
Laney Cub 10
Boss CH-1 Super Chorus
Guild D 125 CE <3
I know this is a double post, but with almost 10 hours in between, I feel it's a deserved bump !

Especially because now I've figured out this Chord shape, and I can say it's a really nice one to know. It's not yet 100% clean all the time, but that will come enventually. Thanks to Blackbirdpie and Zaphod.

And for those who haven't, check the video it's a just a great song !
Yamaha SG 800
Tokai USG 118s
Jet City JCA12XS
Laney Cub 10
Boss CH-1 Super Chorus
Guild D 125 CE <3
Last edited by Doogy-Style at Mar 14, 2012,