I started to get suspicious of the internal wiring in the Vader cabinet I had ordered last year, so I popped it open to check the impedance of the individual speakers and wiring. It was supposed to be a stereo cab, and here's what I found.

This has left me confused, because it behaves like a stereo cab: left jack runs left speaker, right jack runs right speaker. I hook up both to run both.

Can someone identify what the hell is going on here and why this isn't just one jack to one speaker wiring? Thanks.
:: Peavey JSX | XXX ::
:: LTD V | Viper | AX [EMG85] ::
:: Vader 2x12 | Krankenstein 4x12 ::
:: G50 | DecimatorG-String | 95Q ::
:: Polytune | Ditto | CarbonCopy ::
Quote by crabstampede
I started to get suspicious of the internal wiring in the Vader cabinet I had ordered last year, so I popped it open to check the impedance of the individual speakers and wiring. It was supposed to be a stereo cab, and here's what I found.

This has left me confused, because it behaves like a stereo cab: left jack runs left speaker, right jack runs right speaker. I hook up both to run both.

Can someone identify what the hell is going on here and why this isn't just one jack to one speaker wiring? Thanks.

Looks to me like the cab is designed for not only Stereo, but Mono with a couple of different impedence options... I have a 2x12 that is either 4 or 16 ohms in a Mono state, or 8 ohms with 2 amps plugged in.. There is a switch that switches from Stereo to Mono as well.. with the switch in the Mono position, one jack is labeled 16ohms and one is labeled 4 ohms because one jack is wired in series, and one in parallel with the switch in the Stereo position, one jack powers one speaker..

Further study of your picture there.. I dunno.. it's wired for both jacks the same way.. in series... .. so.. I'm at a loss ...
I Play Guitar
Some Like it
Some don't
I don't care
Beats Workin'
OLD GUYS RULE!!!!
Last edited by Papabear505 at Mar 13, 2012,
Thanks for the reply.
This has no switches and uses only mono jacks. Forgot to mention that.
:: Peavey JSX | XXX ::
:: LTD V | Viper | AX [EMG85] ::
:: Vader 2x12 | Krankenstein 4x12 ::
:: G50 | DecimatorG-String | 95Q ::
:: Polytune | Ditto | CarbonCopy ::
If that is indeed how it is wired up then it's not stereo at all at all. It's a simple mono box with a second jack for daisy chaining a second cab to it.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
If that is indeed how it is wired up then it's not stereo at all at all. It's a simple mono box with a second jack for daisy chaining a second cab to it.

So don't plug 2 amps into it...
I Play Guitar
Some Like it
Some don't
I don't care
Beats Workin'
OLD GUYS RULE!!!!
You would basically have an infinite loop of WIN

Plug in, rock out, break shit.
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
my mesa cab is wired like that, and its not a stereo cab. the second jack is just a paralell out
Inspired by Ibanez RGA321F Prestige, Gibson Les Paul Standard