What are some educated criticisms regarding the film Inside Job?

Inside Job is a film that attempts to explain the causes of the 2008 Financial Crisis. It details who and what was responsible, what the implications of the Crisis were, and how the world stands after the Crisis.

Inside Job confirmed quite a bit on how I view the political economy. However, I have learned to always consider multiple views on any issue. What are some aspects of the Crisis that the film doesn't explain or glosses over?

For example, I feel that homeowners of sub-prime mortgages should hold part of the blame simply because they failed to realize they were trying to pay for a house that is well beyond their means. Of course, they don't share the same degree of blame as some of the other actors, but it is important to acknowledge that they had a small part to play.
Quote by /PurpleWhalez/
Rex Ryan had a long summer. Between spewing headlines daily and hitting his mid-life crisis, Rex need a good regular season fucking. "Let's get a win for our city out there boys." Rex said as the Jets filtered into the locker room preparing for the season opener. After meeting with the coaches and players, Rex excused himself. He walked toward the Cowboys locker room. Looking out toward the parking lot he saw the flag waving at half-mast. Inside his XXXXXXL pants, he too was at half-past, but not for long. "Does that make this mourning wood?" he chuckled to himself. Down the long hallway leading to the Dallas lockers, Rex saw him. The pretty boy of the NFL, and the most used ass. Tony Romo. Rex slinked behind a column. It did little to hide the walking mound that he was. He slid on the beard from the Jets Santa outfit and a Dallas sweater. "Psst. Hey Tony" he whispered. "Mr. Ryan!?" Tony exclaimed. "Shouldn't you be working with the defense?" Rex's ruse seemed to be working.

Rex extended his hand. "Oh Tony" he said in a falsetto voice "it's time you and me talk about filling some holes in your... game." "What?" Tony replied unsure of his coaches intentions. "Don't play coy with me." Rex said winking. Tony took his hand.

Rex led him to a side room used by the groundskeepers. Rex grabbed him into a rough kiss. "Coach your beard makes my nose itchy." Tony said sneezing. "Well then my pubic hairs going to fuck you up something fierce." Rex said removing his pants. Tony now knew what was going on. "Here, lay down on this fertilizer." Rex said all sexy like. Tony lowered himself onto the shitbag, then wrapped his mouth around the anthropomorphic shitbag's dick

Rex's fat loins molded around Tony's face like some Cheeto flavored, sweaty, silly putty. "Tony, you may not know how to quarterback, but boy can you suck." Rex moaned. "Fwumbunga-jessicasimpson-nwumuga" Tony mumbled around Rex's meat pole. Suddenly the door opened behind them. It was Miles Austin. "What's going on in here." he said seductively.

Rex rearranged his faux beard. "We're just prepping for the game Miles." Rex said in his abnormally high pitched voice. Miles noticed his QB among the mounds of fat. "Well if Tony's involved, you got your tight end, so you need a wide receiver." he said burying his face into Tony's crotch. Tony's deep sucking was too much. Rex shot his baby glue down his throat. "Oh my god coach, it tastes like a convenience store floor." Tony gasped after swallowing it. "You are what you eat." Rex said laughing. "Now then. Let's run some laps." Tony looked on quizzically. "Coach?" Rex continued on. "A few miles should do." He said eying that sweet ebony ass. "Let's dance."

Rex laid down. "Alright fellas, in honor of this solemn occasion, we should try a move I invented. The World Laid Center." Tony and Miles looked at each other. "What's that?" they said together. "Well me and Tony will lay on our backs. Or dicks are the Twin Towers. You're the plane. You hover over, crouching, and "crash" into our dicks." Rex finished. Tony and Miles smiled broadly. They got into position.'

Tony and Rex got their towers erect and waited on Miles' piloting skills. Miles lowered himself onto their dicks in turn. After a few passes Tony began to squirm. "I think I'm getting ready to blow Miles." Tony gasped. He shot his tiny load into Miles. "I was half expecting actual dust." Rex laughed. Miles now focused on the small mountain that was Rex Ryan. Rex grabbed him by the haunches and forced himself deep, turning Austin into a literal wide receiver. "Coach the frictions getting a bit much." Miles yelled over the noise of his anal air collision. "Just roll with it." Rex yelled. After a few more pumps Rex shot his load far into the Cowboys star. As he watched his cum leak out he chuckled. "I guess that proves it was an inside job."

Fin~

Dolphins looking pretty good.

Yup
Quote by Dudeinator
What are some educated criticisms regarding the film Inside Job?

Inside Job is a film that attempts to explain the causes of the 2008 Financial Crisis. It details who and what was responsible, what the implications of the Crisis were, and how the world stands after the Crisis.

Inside Job confirmed quite a bit on how I view the political economy. However, I have learned to always consider multiple views on any issue. What are some aspects of the Crisis that the film doesn't explain or glosses over?

For example, I feel that homeowners of sub-prime mortgages should hold part of the blame simply because they failed to realize they were trying to pay for a house that is well beyond their means. Of course, they don't share the same degree of blame as some of the other actors, but it is important to acknowledge that they had a small part to play.

go to the film thread
Current Stage Gear
Ibanez 1987 RG550 Road Flare Red(66th one ever made)
HD500 Pedal
Bugera Vintage 22

Quote by metaldood91
Hi. Can someone tell me which guitars are real 24 fret guitars and which are just 22 fret guitars with 2 extra frets added on?
Maybe you guys misunderstood, but this is more than just about the film.

This is about an issue of Global Finance, and I am seeking alternative explanations than the one put forth by the film.

I also stated 'educated criticisms' in the title, so if you have neither watched the film, understood the mechanics behind the 2008 Financial Collapse, nor have any intelligently formed opinions about the issue, then I can see why you completely missed the point.
Wat.
Quote by Todd Hart
Shooting your friends with a real gun is a definite faux pas.

Quote by mystical_1
Professor Plum in the Studio with a new Amp

Quote by snipelfritz
If only I were the only one at home right now. I don't need my parents asking who Mr. Wiggles is.
Hey, I saw that film in my political science class last Thursday. I haven't seeked out any opposing viewpoints though.

Everyone should watch it; Matt Damon does the voice over narration.
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Last edited by rockingamer2 at Mar 13, 2012,
Well I've always wondered: was it really greediness that made the banks do what they did, or did they just not know what would happen? In hindsight it is easy to put the blame on people.

Also as much as the world would have suffered from more banks collapsing. Now the banks know that they will be saved, so that's a huge moral hazard.

edit: I also believe the home owners are not just a bit to blame. It's 50% their fault.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Last edited by Neo Evil11 at Mar 13, 2012,
Quote by Neo Evil11
Well I've always wondered: was it really greediness that made the banks do what they did, or did they just not know what would happen? In hindsight it is easy to put the blame on people.

Also as much as the world would have suffered from more banks collapsing. Now the banks know that they will be saved, so that's a huge moral hazard.

edit: I also believe the home owners are not just a bit to blame. It's 50% their fault.

The film explains that they did know what was going to happen, and that many people knowledgeable in the field raised red flags but the CEOs chose to ignore them. Many CEOs sold their shares of the companies in advance of the collapse, so there is supporting evidence that the top executives had knowledge about a potential failure and decided to protect themselves.

I agree that bailouts are a hazard, but a contentious issue. On one hand, you do not want to have bailouts because it encourages investment banks to make risky investments with their clients' money. On the other hand, if there are no bailouts the whole financial system would freeze.
Don't bullshit a bullshitter!

I like Denzel...
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
I see the forbidden fruit that got me a 45 day warning ಠ_ಠ
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Shit's all true, yo.
Last edited by Gyroscope : Tomorrow at 01:00 PM.
Was that the movie where the guy from The Mentalist played a wall street guy with a code that Zachary Quinto figured out that spelled doomsday for Jeremy Irons' investment company or something like that?
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
Quote by necrosis1193
Was that the movie where the guy from The Mentalist played a wall street guy with a code that Zachary Quinto figured out that spelled doomsday for Jeremy Irons' investment company or something like that?

no
Quote by devourke
Yup

.......da faq

I think we found out Kelly22's secret alias
Quote by ErikLensherr
Don't belittle it like that, your mom produces top quality stuff.

C4C
[thread="1339859"]Hammerhead[/thread]
[thread="1341152"]Anglerfish[/thread]

VOTE
Thrustor: 2012
Quote by ArtyArnaud
My Balls Itch.
Stop screwing the dog, then. Or shave it at least.
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.

Listening to: Pink Floyd

#Ziggy2017
Quote by Wolfinator-x
Stop screwing the dog, then. Or shave it at least.

I don't think fucking a shaved dog would be any better.

281-330-8004, that's my cell phone number, hit me up on the low
I saw this movie in my Economics class and liked it. I also like Matt Damon. A lot.
ಥ_ಥ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ೃ ·ಏ· ಢ_ಢ

E-Married to the sexy DarkConcertine

and Jon777 .

Many people saw the risks of sub-prime mortgages, 'selling' debt/derivatives etc but the rewards were huge, so people kept it up until the bubble burst. Mortgage holders are the least culpable, the banks shouldn't of given them money that they don't have, to people who couldn't pay it back. Governments should've regulated the market more effectively, or at least put a limit on the sub-prime lending; banks/financial institutions shouldn't have been greedy carnts and been so careless in their practices. Bailouts do create a huge moral hazard, but having the whole financial system collapse would've been worse.
"People like Coldplay and voted for the Nazis; you can't trust people."
Quote by necrosis1193

No, that was Margin Call. I havent seen Inside Job though.
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do