Hey guys!

So I was thinking of upgrading my amp in a while and I'm stuck in between a Marshall JCM 800 and Orange TH 100.

I play mostly prog rock/metal, rock and heavy metal (lead guitar). (Rush, Pink Floyd, Rainbow, Deep Purple, Dream Theater, Vai). I don't use as much gain anymore, but it's nice to have a good amount on tap. I like a tone that's not crispy/high-end and not to much bass, something in the middle with clarity. I guess you could say beefy!

Which do you think would be best at that?
Thanks,
Prog <3
id say go with the orange since it seems to have a little more gain on tap
Guitar Rig:
Fender Telecaster
Martin GPCPA5
Orange Rockerverb 50

Bass Rig:
Squier Vintage Modified Jazz V
Hartke HA3500
JCM 800. The other guitarist in my band owns one. It's sick.
Guitars:
EVH Wolfgang Special LH
Gibson Les Paul Studio 2013
Ibanez EW20LASE-NT LH

Effects:
BOSS GT-100

Amps:
Fender Hot Rod DeVille 410
Laney IRT Studio + 112 cab
I'd go with the Marshall, but both are fine amplifiers.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
I think the Orange, I'd say you could get a wider variety of tones, and everyones needs the ability to have more gain.

What guitar are you using?
what country are you in? both will be better value in the UK (though i'd say a laney gh is possibly a better idea if you play heavier stuff), but in the US there are likely better value options.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
jcm800 all day. if you wanna make the Orange corporation happy you could hook it through an Orange cab, I like them out of those more than the marshall cabs. Just throw an OD in front of it and it can reach heavy gain land easy
Fender Strat Deluxe
Fender MexiStrat
Epiphone Sheritan
Ibanez Artcore
Fender Twin Reverb silverface
Roland JC120
Pedals

Quote by CaptainAmerican
I would recommend the marshal MG100

Very versatile and quality sound. It should treat you well
I'm using a Charvel San Dimas style 1 (2H) and currently I'm living in Sweden.
It's quite close to the UK, so we have pretty okay prices on amps from there.
Prog <3
JCM800 into an orange cab is pretty much my favourite setup, lots of bite, crunch...perfection.
Quote by Mad Marius
DBZ guitars, love'em. Especially their Les Piccolo model.
I'd say go JCM800, bases on the tones of the people you say you want to sound like. Just got a boost from an OD if you need extra saturation.
Fender Telecaster
DeArmond M series
Vox Night Train 15 head w/Weber loaded 1x12
Dunlop DVP3 Volume (X)
Klone circuit/Russian Big Muff 2in 1
Fulltone Fulldrive 2 MOSFET
TC Electronic Nova Delay
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Line 6 M5
Tried an Orange Thunder 200 just a week ago. It was outstanding. If the TH100 is anything like that, I'd take that over a Marshall anyday.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Marshall! Hands down.
Audio Ecstasy Productions!

Guitar/Backline Tech in the Los Angeles area and on tour!
Custom guitar pedals and cabling for stage and studio!

I set up DAWs and tweak computers to record audio. Hit me up @ audioecstasyproductions[at}gmail.com
Quote by ScalesOfDoom
I'm using a Charvel San Dimas style 1 (2H) and currently I'm living in Sweden.

actually at the moment thomann ironically has a cheaper price on the gh50L than the UK does they might ship free to sweden, too
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Which JCM800? They weren't all created equal. If it was a vertical input 2203 then I'd grab it without hesitation. If it was a 2210 then I'd go for the Orange. Anything in between and I'd say, try them both and just get the one you like the sound of the most.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
What would a good OD pedal for the JCM? So that it really roars and screams! I could also mod a extra gain stage, right?
Prog <3