Hey,

My amp died 2 days ago and i need a new one. I wanted to ask what is the best choice. I play just at home, no gigs. What do you think guys i should buy a little combo amp or a llitle bit bigger? any ideas?
i would highly recomend a blackstar ht-5rs mini stack one of the best amps ive used and great for practicing it comes with a footswitch, reverb and sounds great.
type of music, budget, location, preferences, old amp (did you like it?). the more info the better here.
Fender Mustang.
Quote by JeanMi36
Back when I was a teen, I was making out with this girl, when I had the bright idea of putting my hand inside her panties.

She had her period.

I'm scarred for life
I play everything from acoustic to heavy metal. Budget around 100-200$ I live in Norway and my old amp was an Laney P20
peavey vypyr. the biggest one you can afford (probably the 30). one of the better modelling amps, especially for metal
What about Orange amps? Orange CR20LDX , Orange CR35LDX or Orange CR20L? would it be good choice?
Quote by edvinas22
What about Orange amps? Orange CR20LDX , Orange CR35LDX or Orange CR20L? would it be good choice?

not really. higher end oranges, as well as the terror series, are excellent, but the crush series are not so good. they don't really sound any better than most little amps, and they don't have the versatility to cover a broad range of styles. a modelling amp will probably be a better way to go.
I have good experiences with the VOX-valvetronix they are not very expensive, you can control the output-power and they sound very good like a tube-amp even if they are hybrids.
I can also advise the Ibanez Valbee I have this amp for some years it has "just" 5Watts but thats far enough to anger your neighbors - trust me . And it sound awesome

Cheers
Have a look at the Fender Super Champ XD or Vibro Champ XD. If you need versatility then they're about as good as you can get on a budget.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
What about Fender CHAMPION 600 or Laney CUB 10? 2 little tube amps that sounds amazing. What do you think about them?
Quote by edvinas22
What about Fender CHAMPION 600 or Laney CUB 10? 2 little tube amps that sounds amazing. What do you think about them?

they sound good, but seriously lack versatility. if you can live with ONE sound (I really do mean one, they have such limited controls that all you can really do is tweak their basic sound a bit), they're fine. however, I stand by my claim that you'll be better served with a modelling amp.
For home use, while the small valve amps sound superb, I'd be inclined to take the modelling route. The Peavey Vypyr is certainly good (ideally the 30w version) and the Roland Cube (30w again) is also excellent. Another alternative that I've had excellent results with is a floor modeller like the Digitech RP series. The quality of effects and amp models is superb, it's very portable, you can play 24/7 with the headphone socket, you can interface with a computer and they sound good through decent PC speakers.
Gibson Les Paul Studio with Catswhiskers pickups
PRS SE 'Floyd' Custom 24 with Creamery pickups
Fender Standard Stratocaster with DiMarzio pickups
Takamine GN30
BluGuitar AMP1
Quote by stormin1155
Have you checked into getting yours fixed? Might cost less than a new one.

Depending on the severity of the amplifier's problem, the cost to fix it might be a lot more than buying a new one.
If you aren't going for major gigs for now, then I highly recommend getting either Marshall amplifiers or Mesa Boogie amplifiers as they are able to handle heavy distortion pedals. If you are looking for a budget-based amplifier, I recommend a Marshall MG102CFX Modelling combo amp. If you are looking for a really heavy-sound amplifier that you can buy with a budget of over $1200, then I recommend getting a Mesa Boogie Stack with a Dual Rectifier 100-Watt head. Both amplifiers sound really good, and you can still do lots of soft stuff in a clean channel.
On the other hand, if you play lots of soft blues and ballade songs, then I recommend getting a Fender Blues Jr. tube amp as they have a very smooth tone suitable for soft elements of rock music.
Hope this helps,
parhelia_0000
The problem is not so big, and i have tried to fix it by myself. But in Norway the cost of fixing it would be much higher than new amp.
Quote by edvinas22
The problem is not so big, and i have tried to fix it by myself. But in Norway the cost of fixing it would be much higher than new amp.

In that case, then I highly recommend getting a new amp. Please refer to my previous comment as to which amps you should buy.
Quote by parhelia_0000
In that case, then I highly recommend getting a new amp. Please refer to my previous comment as to which amps you should buy.

Lol, look at his budget and look at what you suggested.
+1 to a Vypyr 30, Cube 30 or Vox vt40.
Quote by StonedColdCrazy
Lol, look at his budget and look at what you suggested.
+1 to a Vypyr 30, Cube 30 or Vox vt40.

Those were just my opinions. If he wants a Vypyr, Vox or a Cube 30, then that's fine with me.
Good news everyone, i tried to fix it one more time yesterday, and guess what? it works now!! Thanks to everyone for the help! Now i know which amp i gonna buy if my amp dies again