Came across an Epiphone G-400 for $100 and a Squier Butterscotch Tele for $150 on Craigslist. What are your opinions on them? I will be doing some hardware upgrades on which ever one I get.

It would be nice to have the G-400 for some darker things since I already have a Strat but then again, a Tele with some good pick ups would be great.

Equipment is down there \/ \/
"This is Sierra-259, you got Spartans on the ground, sir. We're not going anywhere."

Fender Partscaster

Vox AC4TV

Korg Pitchblack Tuner
TC Electronics Nova Repeater
Electro Harmonix Big Muff Pi
MXR Micro Amp
EH Holy Grail Reverb
My personal opinion is to go with the tele. Their great value and especially at that price.
If the Telecaster isn't an Affinity series, go with that.
Quote by Joshua Garcia
my chemical romance are a bunch of homos making love to a mic and you like that cuz your a huge gay wad. You should feel pathetic for being such a gaywad you gay mcr loving gaywad olllol.
It would say on the headstock if its the Affinity series, right?

Edit: If a mod could move this to the electric guitar section, I would greatly appreciate it. I just realized im in GG&A.
"This is Sierra-259, you got Spartans on the ground, sir. We're not going anywhere."

Fender Partscaster

Vox AC4TV

Korg Pitchblack Tuner
MXR Micro Amp
EH Holy Grail Reverb
Last edited by NewsoftheWorld at Mar 13, 2012,
I'd go for the SG, since it's more different to what you already have and it should be built a little better, unless the Squier in question is one of the much nicer lines like the Classic Vibe series.

Though at just $100, I'd imagine the Epi must be pretty banged up. Check it out carefully.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
^ I agree with this guy. Unless the tele is a classic vibe or vintage modified I'd skip it. A G-400 seems like a steal at that price.
Looks like I'm going to go with the G-400. The guy with the Tele said I offended him and his guitars when I asked for a picture of the headstock and my phone corrected "headstock" to "deadlock".

The G-400 seems to be in good shape, but let me know if you guys spot anything from these horrible shots.

Fender Partscaster

Vox AC4TV

Korg Pitchblack Tuner
MXR Micro Amp
EH Holy Grail Reverb
$100 for the G-400 is a super deal. $150 for a standard or affinity squier not such a great deal unless it is mint and/or comes with a case. The Squier will have a slimmer neck than the G-400. Both are good guitars in that price range. Get the one that feels good to you.
Its identical to mine and I paid AU$399 (roughly $420 US) for mine brand new. The only thing I dont like about it is that its neck heavy and not well balanced. Other than that its a really good guitar and for a hundred bucks you cant really go wrong.
Quote by dazza027
Its identical to mine and I paid AU$399 (roughly $420 US) for mine brand new. The only thing I dont like about it is that its neck heavy and not well balanced. Other than that its a really good guitar and for a hundred bucks you cant really go wrong.

Try to play it standing to get a feel for it.
As mentioned the G-400 has a nosedive problem that might or might not be an issue for you.
Buy them both, at that price you could have fun for days, heck even months on end. if you are feeling dark go with the g-400, if you are feeling bluesy and a little bit twangy go with the tele. easy peesy!
Gibson LP traditional and DC standard, PRS S2 Custom 24, MIA Standard Strat, Schecter Banshee 7
EVH 5153, Orange TV50H 2-2x12's
Line 6 M13
Quote by bobafettacheese
Buy them both, at that price you could have fun for days, heck even months on end. if you are feeling dark go with the g-400, if you are feeling bluesy and a little bit twangy go with the tele. easy peesy!

Well, now I can't get either of them.

Turns out I have to get my front tires changed.

Fender Partscaster

Vox AC4TV

Korg Pitchblack Tuner
MXR Micro Amp
EH Holy Grail Reverb
If you end up buying one, I can't say enough good things about the G-400
Quote by GuitarGod_92
when I die of a brain aneurysm I want it on record that its the film threads fault

Quote by GuitarGod_92
Movies are all bad every last one of them

Quote by yope
Fungus has a right to exist. It's a valid life form.