A long time ago I had a randall rg 200 combo, and something in it just died and didn't care enough to spend the money to repair it so. I turned it into a speaker cab. Since I still have the dead "head" thing and it has a spring reverb. So I was wondering how exactly I would go about modifying the spring spring reverb so I can make it a pedal. Thanks in advance in taking the time to read this.
Quote by joshua garcia
I was incredibly drunk and only really remember writing a fanfic where ESP was getting porked by a pony.

Quote by guitar0player
I'd honestly fap to anything with a set of genitals as long as I find it aesthetically appealing.
You'd have to build a driver and recovery circuit. This would give you an overwhelming amount of reverb. To make it more usable you'd want to build a mixer circuit that would allow you to mix the wet and dry signals.

I've got a bigger version of this schematic if you're interested.
Attachments:
Solid State Reverb-edit.gif
From a different thread...
Reverb is pretty straight forward when you're driving a spring tank as all that's really needed is a drive and recovery stage. As such, most of the designs are pretty similar (reinventing the wheel and all that). One thing you will run into though is that most designs call for a bipolar power supply in the range of 12-15V.

As for specific schematics to look up, I'd check Craig Anderton's Stage Center Reverb (Guitar Player 1976) or if that's too complicated Accutronics had (I think they may not host it any more) a generic schematic which they commonly used (original drawing 12-28-81). There's PAiA's Hot Springs which is just about as bare bones as you can get - or an interesting take that skips op amps is G. Forest Cook's 1998 reverb which calls for 3 2n3904's and an lm386.

I'd probably start with the Hot Springs but keep in mind that some components may need to change depending on the resistance of your spring tank.