So I recently ordered a Randall Rm50 head and a Blackstar HTV 112 I just want to make sure they will run together without burning anything out, I am pretty sure they will but I thought I would double check with you guys first.

The Rm50 is a 50 watt tube amp which has an impedance switch to change between 16ohm and 8ohm. (I would use 16ohm in my case)

The Blackstar is a 1x12 16ohm speaker. With 80w power allowance.

I am assuming since my amp head is 50w that it will work because the blackstar allows 80w, and that I can change the impedance to 16ohm that it will also work?

I am new to the whole amp head and cabinet scene, I used to only have combos.

Heres the amp head and cabinet links for reference.

Amp:
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/amplifiers-effects/randall-rm50hb-50-watt-modular-tube-amp-head

Cabinet:
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/amplifiers-effects/blackstar-venue-series-htv-112-80w-1x12-guitar-speaker-cabinet

Thanks so much to anyone who answers!
I'm not an amp expert, but I'm pretty sure that would work as long as you are running it at 16ohms.
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.
Quote by SargentCrunch

The Rm50 is a 50 watt tube amp which has an impedance switch to change between 16ohm and 8ohm. (I would use 16ohm in my case)

The Blackstar is a 1x12 16ohm speaker. With 80w power allowance.

I am assuming since my amp head is 50w that it will work because the blackstar allows 80w, and that I can change the impedance to 16ohm that it will also work?

great, well researched questions. appreciate all the info, seriously. makes it much easier to answer.

your conclusions are correct. the speaker cab will work just fine with the head set to 16 ohm output.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
OH NOEZ YOURE GONNA BURN DOWN YOUR WHOLE HOUSE, CABINETS POWER ALLOWANCE CANNOT EXCEED POWER INPUT RMS BY MORE THAN 20.

Oh wait, nevermind, that's not remotely true. That setup should be fine.
RG351DX - Bridge Dragonfire Screamer, Mid+Neck Fender Hot Noiseless
Peavey Valveking 112 - Eminence GB128
AMT E1 > Joyo AC Tone > Dan'o EQ > Shimverb > Digidelay
Thanks guys! Now I can be sure it will work, now I just gotta wait until it gets here haha so excited :P
the speaker impedance should be twice what the head is putting out...

8ohm head --> 16ohm speaker
Audio Ecstasy Productions!

Guitar/Backline Tech in the Los Angeles area and on tour!
Custom guitar pedals and cabling for stage and studio!

I set up DAWs and tweak computers to record audio. Hit me up @ audioecstasyproductions[at}gmail.com
Quote by fastlanestoner

i seriously hope you're joking.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Quote by fastlanestoner

Woah. No. No.

Don't worry about wattage ratings too much, as long as impedance *matches* you're good. It only gets tricky when you're running multiple cabs.
:: Peavey JSX | XXX ::
:: LTD V | Viper | AX [EMG85] ::
:: Vader 2x12 | Krankenstein 4x12 ::
:: G50 | DecimatorG-String | 95Q ::
:: Polytune | Ditto | CarbonCopy ::