I purchased a Behringer DSP2024P as a guitar effects processor off eBay and got it for a really good price because it was missing two of the four little plastic knobs off the front panel. There's enough shaft to easily turn the controls so the issue is purely cosmetic.
Here's the question... I attempted to locate replacement knobs to no avail. A call to Behringer on the West Coast yielded some guy with a very thick accent who suggested that I try one of the authorized service centers. I figured that, in order to repair something, you'd likely need a replacement part or two so I called the nearest repair place and the response I got was that "Behringer doesn't do parts." I asked "What?" and the guy just said that "You can't get parts for Behringer".
This outfit is worldwide and I even own one of their mixers but the thought of a large electronics manufacturer not having parts to thier own equipment baffles me.
Does it you?
Please help defeat Obama in 2012. My country can't endure another term from that guy.
....It's Behringer?

What did you expect?
Music stores give all gear a +50 to Charisma.

Quote by one vision
Why not chromatics? Chromatic harmony was the "new thing" in the romantic era.
Quote by BassFishin
Problem:
Fish isn't meat.
Quote by CodeMonk
Pics or its a DS-1
Quote by BlackNapkin
....It's Behringer?

What did you expect?

Yup. It's cheap for a reason. I don't mean to sound like a dick here, but you should buy some better equipment.
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.
Surely you can find some knobs at an electronics store - and it would be a hell of a lot cheaper than buying genuine parts (if they existed).
It's because they don't expect anyone to want to repair it. They just want you to go buy another. You can grab any knob that fits though.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
If you've been a member here since 2005 and you still bought Behringer, you must really not read anything but the pit very often haha. However, I'd be surprised if you couldn't just get some parts from another company, maybe even replace all four so they match.
True. When my Behringer keyoard amp started crackling under warranty they just sent me a check to go buy another one. After replacing it I re-soldered the RCA jacks and the crackling went away, but now it won't respond to the control for changing effects. At least it can bypass the effects. So now I kinda have 2.

BTW, I bought mine before I got into the UG forums...But I've also bought a 5-channel mixer since ('cause it was cheap and I'm only using it for monitoring) and haven't had any problems with it yet.

Edit: Just to be clear: they didn't even want the old one back. Good thing, too, 'cause if I had to ship it to them it would have been an arm and a leg.
Last edited by jetwash69 at Mar 14, 2012,
behringer pretty much has every thing the sell on a do not repair list.

they don't repair anything and if something breaks under warranty they recycle it and send the repair center a new one.

therefore they don't do parts.
Jumping on dat gear sig train.
PRS Hollowbody II / BKP Warpigs
Strandberg OS6T / BKP Aftermath
Strandberg OS7 / Lace Poopsticks
Skervesen Raptor 7FF / BKP Warpigs
Skervesen Raptor 6 NTB / BKP Juggernauts
Hapas Sludge 7 FF / Hapas Leviathan
Anderson Baritom / Motorcity Nuke BKP Sinner Anderson H2+
Warmoth Baritone / BKP Piledriver
Ibanez Rg2120x / BKP Nailbomb

Blackstar ID:Core Beam
they don't do r&d either

*trollface*
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Knobs to fit shouldn't be hard to find from another source. They are hardly going to be using a non-standard shaft type.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
I'd bet all the parts in their products are cheap third party components anyway.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Well, I guess no one is surprised.
As for the quality... I bought the MX-8000 in 1999 as a recording console and, so far, have had zero problems with it. I also have the DSP1024 and, except for the fact it's a bear to program, has also operated perfectly... so I've never before had to consider "parts". Oh, well... after "playing out" on a semi-pro basis since 1961, I'm now fully retired and only play for my own amusement and some of what I can come up with can be pretty amusing... in a strange kind of way.
As for locating the knobs, I'm a ham radio operator and there's a hamfest this weekend just N of Atlanta. I'll find what I need in the flea market (aka "boneyard").
Thanks for everyone's comments... I just thought the parts issue was peculiar.
Please help defeat Obama in 2012. My country can't endure another term from that guy.
Last edited by Louis Schubert at Mar 15, 2012,
Quote by Dave_Mc
they don't do r&d either

*trollface*

And I've never had a problem with their rack/mixing gear. Everything they make is pretty cheaply made, but none of the other cloned gear is nearly as terrible as the guitar and bass amps. I'm not afraid to use some behringer with a grain of salt--I still have a couple mics and pedals of theirs that get regular use.
Quote by dullsilver_mike

And I've never had a problem with their rack/mixing gear. Everything they make is pretty cheaply made, but none of the other cloned gear is nearly as terrible as the guitar and bass amps. I'm not afraid to use some behringer with a grain of salt--I still have a couple mics and pedals of theirs that get regular use.

I am pretty happy with the rack mount line mixer I have of theirs in my keyboards rack but I'd steer clear of anything with slider pots. That's the weakest point of their mixers. They aren't made well enough and shit gets inside the sliders and kills them. The prime reason I got their line mixer is that it's all rotary pots. So far, so good.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Thanks for the comments about the guitar/bass amps... looks like I made the right decision. My "main bass amp" is a Trace w/ 18" and 8" speakers but I needed one which I could fit in the trunk of my Tarus. I decided on the Peavey MAX 15 (which, by the way, is absolutely killer for its size) but had considered the Behringer (a little less $$).
I don't know why Behringer has so many problem, they still survive? what 's reason?
I only got experience with the mixers and guitar pedals (keep away from the plastic pedals... ) and yeah..it's not like they sound bad..they just break down on you. You will get the same thing for the half of the price.. but it will break down on you quicker then the real stuff.
Last edited by hitl at Mar 15, 2012,
Quote by glpoon
I don't know why Behringer has so many problem, they still survive? what 's reason?

Some people understand "cheap." Some people understand "quality." Some people have both down. Behringer banks on that first demographic.
I am a fake mountain.
Quote by tubetime86
I'd bet all the parts in their products are cheap third party components anyway.

You mean like....every other electronics manufacturer on the planet?
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
I assume the knobs are just a push fit? Measure the shaft diameter, take note of a notch if it has one, find black knobs designed for the same shaft, done.