Page 1 of 2
I'm waticng it now and have been watching it soince the beginning. PRETty much the best thing comedy Central has done since Chappelle's Show amiright?
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
If you can get over the whole {were going to make a lot of things related to racist humor" thing its rteally really good. Methinks
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

not funny IMO
im watching tosh.o though, new episode as of yesterday is about to come on. i only like tosh.0 and southpark
I guess you have to be drunk to enjoy it.

“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
noooooooooooooooooooooooo I likee d it before i was derunk not even tonight. My roomate likes hit an he deosnt drennnnnnak. ****k i'm problably going to be disappointed in thi s post tomorrow mmoring
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Quote by Gunpowder

I like it alright. It's much better than horseshit like Tosh.0.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by element4433
I like it alright. It's much better than horseshit like Tosh.0.

Tos . 0 isnot as good as it used to be, but i still fingd enjohyment out if it than in previous seasons. But yeah Keye and PEele is much much better
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Quote by Gunpowder

I don't think either of them are particularly funny.
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Quote by lushacrous
Tos . 0 isnot as good as it used to be, but i still fingd enjohyment out if it than in previous seasons. But yeah Keye and PEele is much much better

its not, and watching old episodes isnt as funny. but i like watching new episodes. kinda like south park. i cant watch the same episode twice
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
its not, and watching old episodes isnt as funny. but i like watching new episodes. kinda like south park. i cant watch the same episode twice

True dat. Butnew south Park is just straight up bad. Why can't it be like olw South Park like Rainforest, Smainfores.?
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Quote by Gunpowder

South Park is exactly the same as it's always been.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by element4433
South Park is exactly the same as it's always been.

no way.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Quote by Gunpowder

Yes way.

Some of the secondary characters have gotten a bigger role, but outside of that it's pretty much the same show.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Quote by lushacrous
Chappelle's Show

I miss that show.
Trust me, I'm a Jedi.

Quote by Minkaro
You must control your use of the force, young Trizek.
Quote by Trizek
I miss that show.

I wish Dave Chappelle would at least do something like stand up or somghitn. But he's been off the rader for like 4 years. It''s unfair!

And I think South Park today is too much of a pop culture commentary, whereas in the first 5 or so seasons it was actually opriginal ideas
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Quote by Gunpowder

Quote by element4433
Yes way.

Some of the secondary characters have gotten a bigger role, but outside of that it's pretty much the same show.

I love the fact that Randy is a more prominent part of the show. Basically any Randy based episode is pure gold.

The thing that's special about South Park is that the way they produce the show allows them to take on current events like no other show of it's kind.

Edit:
Quote by lushacrous

And I think South Park today is too much of a pop culture commentary, whereas in the first 5 or so seasons it was actually opriginal ideas

That's not entirely true. Not every episode is a pop-culture satire. Take for instance the multi-part episodes they've done.
Quote by Zeppelin71
Umm. . .uh. . .your mom touched sjones' dick. YOUR MOM TOUCHED OUR GUITARISTS GENITALS IN A CAMPER AT A BIKER FESTIVAL! truth.
Last edited by sjones at Mar 14, 2012,
Lets hope they don't run off like Chappelle. Sketch comedy is insanely hard to write. Saw the first two episodes, best show on comedy central imo, followed real closely by south park and tosh.0.
For Frodo!
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
No because a world full of marbles silly man is just as real as a half empty glass of microwaved nesquik.
Quote by element4433
Yes way.

This.

Also, Key and Peele is decent and Tosh is only funny in standup. Workaholics is far and away the best show CC has started airing in recent memory though.
Quote by robertito696
Sketch comedy is insanely hard to write.

True beans. Take for instance, The Whitest Kids U' Know, chich in my opijnoni is the funniest thing ever made over all mediums.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Quote by Gunpowder

Quote by lushacrous
I wish Dave Chappelle would at least do something like stand up or somghitn. But he's been off the rader for like 4 years. It''s unfair!

It's been pop culture for a loooooooooooong time.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Quote by element4433
It's been pop culture for a loooooooooooong time.

Yeah but it hasn't aloways been pop culture, which you said it was.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Quote by Gunpowder

Quote by lushacrous
I'm waticng it now and have been watching it soince the beginning. PRETty much the best thing comedy Central has done since Chappelle's Show amiright?

How often do you drink?
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Quote by eGraham
How often do you drink?

Not enough my good sir! About to change now that I have reached 21 years of age! Was at a bar earlier and and came home and finished off the rest of the beer anat my parents had in their fridge downstairs and look at me now
@
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Quote by Gunpowder

Last edited by lushacrous at Mar 14, 2012,
Quote by lushacrous
Yeah but it hasn't aloways been pop culture, which you said it was.
It isn't all pop culture/news now.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Quote by element4433
It isn't all pop culture/news now.

You can't honestly believe that South Park in 1998 or whenveer is the same kind of show it that it is now. I mean i know there's similairities but come on.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Quote by Gunpowder

South Park sucks. Yeah, I said it.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by lushacrous
You can't honestly believe that South Park in 1998 or whenveer is the same kind of show it that it is now. I mean i know there's similairities but come on.

The entire basis of the show is to make fun of common public viewpoints, while not caring if they offend. It's been like that since it started, but I have to admit it is more so these days.

They actually cover some pretty controversial topics well, imo. I can't stand more than 1 episode in a row, though lol.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
The core concept of South Park hasn't changed over the years but to say it's the same as its always been is ridiculous. The writing and animation style have evolved immensely. That said I still love south park, some of the new episodes are just a bit hit or miss.
For Frodo!
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
No because a world full of marbles silly man is just as real as a half empty glass of microwaved nesquik.
Quote by lushacrous

I saw him in person at Outside Lands. Some rapper's DJ rig wouldn't work (Cue video of patrick going "BOOO!"), and he came out and chatted with the audience and told a couple jokes about how at white people concerts there's always a beach ball. He then kicked a beach ball for black children everywhere. It was awesome.
language
jazyk
kieli
язык
العربية

My Tumblr: Lots of artist recommendations, album reviews, and ideas about music (as well as some film and bike stuff).

Go Sharks! Go Wings! Go Flyers! Go Kings!
Quote by kaptkegan
I saw him in person at Outside Lands. Some rapper's DJ rig wouldn't work (Cue video of patrick going "BOOO!"), and he came out and chatted with the audience and told a couple jokes about how at white people concerts there's always a beach ball. He then kicked a beach ball for black children everywhere. It was awesome.

Sooooooooooo jealous. Best comedian, or even person, or all time ever.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Quote by Gunpowder

Quote by lushacrous
Let's compare season 3 (1999) to the last season (2011)

1999:

1. Rainforest Shmainforest: making fun of the "protect the rainforest" movement
2. Spontaneous Combustion: Global warming
3. The Succubus: The chef that replaces Chef is a Pauly Shore parody.
4. Jakovasaurs: Making fun of Jar Jar Binks
5. Tweek vs. Craig: there's a huge reference to the movie The Omen
6. Sexual Harassment Panda: Obviously parodying sexual harassment charges.
7. Cat Orgy: References to Wild Wild West, and uses Selma Hayek
8. Two Guys Naked in a Hot Tub: Charlie's Angels, as well as references to various cult mass suicides.
9. Jewbilee: Probably few. Can't remember
10. Korn's Groovy Pirate Ghost Mystery: Obvious. Korn/Scooby Doo
11. Chinpokomon: Pokemon
12. Hooked on Monkey Fonics: Hooked on Phonics
13. Starvin' Marvin in Space: Feed a starving kid. I think there's also a Jabba the Hutt reference
14. The Red Badge of Gayness: Not one that I can think of
15. Mr. Hankey's Christmas Classics: Making fun of Christmas specials/shows
16. Are You There God? It's Me, Jesus: I'm not sure if it's a direct reference to Are you there God? It's me, Margaret or not, as I haven't read that book. I know it's similar themes though.
17. World Wide Recorder Concert: World's Biggest Concert parody

2011:

1. HumancentiPad: Apple worship/the Human Centipede
2. Funnybot: The comedy awards, for the most part.
3. Royal Pudding: The Royal Wedding
4. T.M.I.: Few until the Obama Birther stuff at the end
5. Crack Baby Athletic Association: NCAA sports labor issues
6. City Sushi: None that I can see directly
7. You're Getting Old: There's few here, outside of making fun of music and movies
8. Ass Burgers: Matrix, I think. Few outside of that.
9. The Last of the Meheecans: The title is obvious a direct reference to the Last of the Mohicans. About illegal immigration, but more about how America is not infallible.
10. Bass to Mouth: Wikileaks
11. Broadway Bro Down: Broadway popularity
12. 1%: Occupy Wallstreet
13. A History Channel Thanksgiving: Ancient Aliens and Thor
14. The Poor Kid: None that I can see

So they're not too much more about pop culture/current than episodes were in 1999. It's been known for pop culture parody since the beginning, which is evident from the title card: "All characters and events in this show -– even those based on real people –- are entirely fictional. All celebrity voices are impersonated..... poorly. The following program contains coarse language and due to its content it should not be viewed by anyone" Sure, early episodes were more shock gags, but the South Park that you and I grew up with has been pretty pop culture oriented.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Quote by kaptkegan

I'm still confused as to what hazard the beach ball presents to concert goers. I had nosebleed seats for BLS & Judas Priest and the front rows exploded with beach balls.

Some employees/security playfully tossed them back into the crowd, while others were scrambling to get each and every one popped.

Edit: While we're talking about unrelated shows. BOB'S BURGERS IS BACK WOO!!
Last edited by xHellbound at Mar 14, 2012,
Reno 911! is best.

Except I'm watching the last season right now, and Garcia's gone, along with Johnson. Kimball, I really couldn't give a shit about but Garcia was hilarious. What the fuck is this shit?
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
A few black TV bloggers have expressed serious butthurtedness with this show.

As far as my opinion goes, I'm just keeping patient with it. Some episodes have really been great, while others have been disappointing.
Quote by Overlord
It's not hard to be nice, but it's nice to be hard
Last edited by Carnivean at Mar 14, 2012,
Keye & Peele isn't my favorite show of all time on Comedy Central, but it's good and moreover I'm glad those two managed to catch a break besides their B-movie/show extra spots or infrequent appearances on shows like Reno 911.

The show however just makes me miss MADTV so much more than I already did before Keye & Peele existed.
mmmmmmhmmm

That's exactly what I've been trying to say.

Quote by munkymanmatt
brilliant
Page 1 of 2