I just bought a used Carvin 4x12 (it was 350usd from GC!) I know that for tube amps the omage needs to match from the cab/speakers to the amp. So heres the details: the randall combo 1x12 is ''mosfet'' and of coarse it has a fuse, and the ''max output'' goes: 75w @ 8 ohms / 100w @ 4 ohms, ''parallel link/8ohms min. load''. Then I plugged it in to the carvin's ''left 8ohm mono'' jack, played thru it for prolly an hour worked great then i still had every thing on while switching guitars (which took a while becuase i was tanggled up in cords or something) and then a few LOUD pops - it's done this before but when turning off and not that loud. before i could plug in again it just took a crap.

sorry for the giant paragraph, im doing this on my phone so it looks a little different typing this im getting rid of a virus on my computer at the moment.
Yeah. But the same can be said for DAR amps and other amps which use "weird" tubes...dammit I want a pair of KT120s..I might blow up my amp and burn my house down, but at least I'll go out in a blaze of glory
When you were untangling yourself could you have unseated the speaker cable? Check your speaker cable first. And make sure the socket on your new cab feels snug and secure when you plug into it, no wobbling or anything.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
i was just rotating the combo around on the 412 to help drown out the speaker when that happen the cord seemed fairly loose at the time so i actually thought it was fine... But neverthless it was just UNPLUGGED! ...i feel stupid, lol heh, what a waste of a thread... It was just so obnoxious when it happend i guess. Thanks anywho
Yeah. But the same can be said for DAR amps and other amps which use "weird" tubes...dammit I want a pair of KT120s..I might blow up my amp and burn my house down, but at least I'll go out in a blaze of glory