Yo fellow bassists,

i need an advice on a new bass that i wish to buy in the 600 eur price range. My ultimate goal is to get Ibanez MDB2 Mike D's signature form KSE but its really expensive for me. New one is around 1000 eur.
I play mostly metal/metalcore/hard rock - so I need a bass that can handle a lot of dropped tunings. This will be my main bass for the next couple of years so I need the best bang for my buck . I am open to any suggestion.

Tnx in advance
Can't find a used one or trade goods to find one? you're close, if you can't save the rest now, shame to settle, then save from $0 back up.
Quote by askrere
Can't find a used one or trade goods to find one? you're close, if you can't save the rest now, shame to settle, then save from $0 back up.

This.

And if you going to be droping tunings, haven't you thougth about searching for a five string? I think that would be good for you.
Quote by FatalGear41
When you break a bass string, that snapping sound is the sound of six dollars going down the crapper.

Sterling Ray 35
Hartke Ha3500 head - Gallien Krueger 212MBE cab
Tech 21 VT Bass
Zoom b2
I recently bought an Ibanez SR500 and judging from the the other stuff I played in the store I'd say it has plenty of bang for buck. Pretty light, fast neck, the pickups are nice and quiet, plenty of options with the electronics (and I love have the controls snap into the center position, feels really solid).
The difference from 600€ basses to 1000€ basses isn't as large as the difference from 300€ to 600€