I am sick of not knowing how to set up guitars and stuff, and sick of paying that old guy or that muscly douche in the Pantera t-shirt at the music store 50 bucks just to set up my guitar and get it back with fret buzz everywhere, so I figure, obviously if I make my own guitar I'll automatically know all this stuff because, DUH.

Anyway, I figured I don't have the time nor resources nor money nor skills to make one from scratch like some super-hero technical death metal german luthier with a crazy signature, so I figure, ay, guitar kits, half the works already done for me.

What would you guise think of the guitar kits, like U'm prepared to get my hands dirty every now and again to buld it so what one should I buy.
I'm in Australia so yeah. Australia sucks because I'm on the other side of the world, and I figured this website looked cool
http://www.guitarworx.com.au/
Looks legit

It costs allot of money to send guitars around the world, c'mon
What would you people like to give your oppinion on the stuff to help me make a discision, like I could probally figure out how to assemble it off the internet, but I cant figure which one I should buy, so yeah
You get the idea of my post, I'm not writing an english assay, what am I hard to understand figured so
METAL!
Well... it's not hard to learn to set-up a guitar, so why don't you just learn THAT and not build a completely new one... I set-up all my own guitars and I've just used google to do it. It's not hard, as long as you have a few basic tools and a tuner.
Guitars:
- Gibson SG Standard
- Lag Roxane 500
- Eastwood Hi-Flyer
- Takamine EG523

Amplifiers:
- Jet City JCA50H
- George Dennis 60Watt The Blue Combo
- Marshall SuperBass 100Watt
Instead of wasting money on a guitar kit just to learn how to set up a guitar and calling your mum a bitch for buying you stuff (referring to your other recent thread) just Von on YouTube and watch a few tutorials on how to set up your guitar. It's free and it's ****ing easy and you seem to be looking for reasons to waste money.
Well i need a new guitar and my mum wont let me buy my own guitar and she's a bitch and the only way I'll get a new guitar is if I build my own, she says.
Bitch is gonna get served.
Thats partly my reason.
Besides the whole set up thing, how hard is it to actually assemble something, I'm only going for a bolt on neck because I cant be ****ed glueing something in.
METAL!
Quote by Ultraussie
Well i need a new guitar and my mum wont let me buy my own guitar and she's a bitch and the only way I'll get a new guitar is if I build my own, she says.
Thats partly my reason.
Besides the whole set up thing, how hard is it to actually assemble something, I'm only going for a bolt on neck because I cant be ****ed glueing something in.

Thats not cool. Its your freakin mother. Respect her you ****ing dildo. Seriously, unless she molests you, you're a twat for saying that shit.

Anyhow I reassembled my rg470 from scratch including putting in a floyd rose, 100% re wire, restringing/ setup in under 2 hours.
1) Don't be such a spoiled baby.
2) You get what you pay for. With those kits you're not going to get decent quality wood. In six months (probably even sooner) you'll be looking at getting another guitar to replace it, then another, then another. Buying lots of cheap guitars doesn't work, you'll just end up delaying getting a good one and you'll be spening more money overall. If you want to piece something together yourself, save up and buy some parts from Warmoth or USACG. Same idea as a kit guitar but you get to choose the spec and the parts are of a much higher quality. It'll cost a lot more, especially with import fees, but that's because it's worth a lot more, will result in a btter guitar and ultimately last longer and cost less in the long run. Or hell just save up and buy something really nice off the shelf.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by Ultraussie
Thats partly my reason.

I hope someone kicks your Ass for being a Douche to your mom. You can think of her any way you want, but dont say that kind of stuff in public.
So I cant help you shiteater
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Assembling a guitar kit is not the same skill set as setting it up to play well. First learn how to set it up, then decide if you want to build a guitar. There are lots of great websites that will walk you through the process if you are willing to take a few minutes to do some reading. Google guitar set-up.
Oh... I just read your second post. Learn some respect boy! If I were there I'd smak ya. Disrespecting your parents is not cool. Never was and never will be.
Quote by Ultraussie
Thats partly my reason.

?...........................
If that is how you treat her and talk to her then I can see why she wouldnt want to get you a new guitar.
Well, unless any of us has met his mother, we have no basis for arguing...it's a 50/50 that he right...

Back on topic...putting a kit together is not hard, neither is setting up any guitar...just google/youtube it.
I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.
- Stephen F. Roberts
the stereotypes seen in OP are astounding.

281-330-8004, that's my cell phone number, hit me up on the low
Quote by Ultraussie
the only way I'll get the arse-whooping of a lifetime is if I continue being an ungrateful cad, she says.
My attitude justifies child abuse.

Fixed.
I am a fake mountain.
I am sick of not knowing how to set up guitars and stuff, and sick of paying that old guy or that muscly douche in the Pantera t-shirt at the music store 50 bucks just to set up my guitar and get it back with fret buzz everywhere, so I figure, obviously if I make my own guitar I'll automatically know all this stuff because, DUH.

Just cause you can build a very basic bolt-on setup guitar with requires minimal effort and minimal thought into what your doing really, doesn't mean your going to be good at setting up a guitar. If anything you'll throw money down the toilet to get ultimately frustrated that you don't have an electric screwdriver and end up with some planks of wood you can't do anything with

*blabbers on about dodgy guitar kit etc etc*

These cheap kits are worthless really. Your getting cheap basswood (which is a dud unless you get some nice quality basswood IMHO), cheap hardware and some electronics which will probably be cut short and wont be easy to solder (seeing as you probably havent used a soldering iron much you'll make mistakes and it'll go messy) so that'll end up going skew-wiff.

It costs allot of money to send guitars around the world, c'mon
What would you people like to give your oppinion on the stuff to help me make a discision, like I could probally figure out how to assemble it off the internet, but I cant figure which one I should buy, so yeah
You get the idea of my post, I'm not writing an english assay, what am I hard to understand figured so

My opinion is, don't buy them kits. How expensive is this guitar you have? based on your budget i wouldn't guess its some hand-crafted daemoness from hell's locker. Learn about setup on your own guitar. Don't be afraid to experiment with it. find a setup which you like YOURSELF. If you really don't know much about these things, why don't you ask this guitar tech who makes all your 'frets buzz' what he does? He might be able to give you tips and if not, go to the internet. There is plenty of forums which talk about setup, and plenty of resources for them.

I've learnt about trem balance by setting up my PRS CE-24, and its been great. Don't be afraid to get dirty with a 'precious guitar', my PRS cost me night on £1200 or so and it's damn well the best guitar i've ever played, doesn't mean i won't get at it with a screwdriver and allen keys and give it a setup to my liking.
Upgraded HSS USA Fender American Series Strat
G&L USA 30th Anniversary Legacy
Laney Lionheart 20 112
Generic Boss DD-3
Blackstar Ht-1
and an old Beaten up dunlop Mr.Crybaby.

http://www.facebook.com/CarelessRumour
Quote by Darkdevil725
If that is how you treat her and talk to her then I can see why she wouldnt want to get you a new guitar.

This.

OP, try being nicer. That attitude won't get you anywhere in life. Sure won't get you a guitar with mommy's money.

But on topic though...why dont you practice setting up a guitar with the one you got instead of shelling out money on a kit that once you get you'll more than likely be in way over your head with.
Last edited by JBailey23 at Mar 16, 2012,