For several reasons:

1) It's a ****ing Stratocaster! You know, one of those old-people guitars with no humbuckers, only six strings and no coil splits!?

2) It's a ****ing Squier! You know, one of those Fender-wannabe, Chinese Walmart toy guitars that are basically pieces of plywood with scrap metal screwed on!

3) It's old! Who likes playing old guitars!? The newer the guitar, the better it must be.

Here's a preliminary pic:

Okay, so I had single coil GAS a few days ago and I found this beauty on ebay and I knew I had to strike!
It's a 1984 A series Squier Stratocaster made in Japan in the Fujigen factory (where Ibanez Prestiges are made). For those of you who know your vintage Squiers, this is basically a mix of an A series and a JV series. This guitar was made in the transition phase, so it's basically a JV with A electronics/hardware.

It's almost 30 years old, and it's ****ing MINT! I believe this has never really been played. The only signs of wear is a slight tarnish on a few of the bridge saddles and the pickup poles, but it's really minor.
Anyways, it's sounds and feels ****ing awesome. I dare say it is on par with contemporary US stratocasters. The tuners are not the best though. They keep tune just fine, but they are pretty hard to turn. The MIJ pickups are excellent - I'm in love with the clean sounds at position 2 and 4. It's everything I've ever loved about the sound of a strat. There's slight flame up the neck as well

I'll be sure to post some sound and probably a video when I get around to it, but for now, these pics will do the job:

nice find. don't make me smack you with my cane for the old folks remark though. you're lucky i'm in my rocking chair and can't be bothered to get up.

enjoy and i think you'll find that there is some great sounds to be found in those single coil pups.

The low E looks like its about to drift off the fingerboard though.
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE

good call there. I didn't even pay attention to that. That doesn't look right.
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE

Hadn't even noticed that, haha! Doesn't affect playing even on the highest frets on the E string, but I'll try to shim the neck a bit when I'm changing strings next time
Those Jap Squiers are nothing to shake a stick at. Great find!
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Quote by xFilth
Hadn't even noticed that, haha! Doesn't affect playing even on the highest frets on the E string, but I'll try to shim the neck a bit when I'm changing strings next time

Judging by the pictures, re-shimming the neck isn't the only way to go about it. If you look at where the edge of the pickguard meets the bridge, the bridge is slightly misplaced to the left, which would partly explain why the string path isn't straight.
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Mar 14, 2012,
That's a beauty, nice photography also.

HNGD
Die troll

Dean VMNTX (EMG set)
Peavey 6505+ 112
+ a buncha teh pedlulz
Looks like a 3-piece body. Most Squiers nowadays are made of bazilion pieces of junk wood. Good find!
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

Thats actually a little rare that guitar. Ive seen one in fiesta red, but that one wasent so mint as your's Take good care of it.
That is a beautiful instrument, it's shots like that which make me want a decent strat and tele... mainly tele but a Strat would be awesome as well.

HNGD!
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by hminh87
Looks like a 3-piece body. Most Squiers nowadays are made of bazilion pieces of junk wood. Good find!

Most of them are made of 3 piece Alder, some times Basswood and Agathis.
Quote by JustRooster
How has Ippon not found this thread yet,?

xFilth, nice score and it looks really minty. Congrats!

BTW, the A series were made from '85-'86. Still pretty solid ... just look at the full-sized trem block.

Also,

JV + 5 digits 1982-1984
SQ + 5 digits 1983-1984
E + 6 digits 1984-1987
A + 6 digits 1985-1986