Page 1 of 2
So last night i was enjoying a concert a mosh pit started and some guy comes up a punches me for no reason, i turned around and elbowed him in the face he had a bloody nose after that. What do you guys think of them, do you start them, hate them or think there funny share your stories.

Edit. at the big fat guys that try to mosh.
I start them, I love them. Never been punched in the face or been in a fight because of one. There's alot of mosh love here in missouri.
Mosh pits are fun when everyone is jumping and screaming and enjoying the music. Mosh pits are NOT fun when people start to be dicks and run around punching people and throwing limbs around.
I'm not very good at this being funny business...

Be my friend? Yes / No

Minecraft: RockLegend1203
XBL Gamertag: RockLegend1203
Origin: RockLegend1203
Steam:
rocklegend1203
Mosh pits are like whirlpools of awesome, until the dickheads come in and start to employ physical abuse above what's considered friendly
Quote by Represent
ITT: Immature twats
Can't stand them.

Everythime I see one I just wanna go up and punch everyone in the groin and tell them to stop fannying around.
Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
I tend to steer clear of them these days due to chronic lower back problems. They were fun as i recall when i was in my teens, seems so long ago lol. I guess the name of the game is just be carefull as there are some numptys who go full out just to hurt others.
They're great and can really enhance the music/experience until people start throwing punches/limbs. You can usually spot those guys a mile off though so it's just best to avoid them.
Quote by RockLegend1203
Mosh pits are fun when everyone is jumping and screaming and enjoying the music. Mosh pits are NOT fun when people start to be dicks and run around punching people and throwing limbs around.

This
They can be lotsa fun, though I'm starting to get tired of them. Too many wankers who think they're hardcore start throwing punches, shoulders, elbow etc around and there's always at least one real fat guy who just muscles everyone else around and ruins it. Also depends on which band you're seeing, watching Tool last year at Bid Day Out, some clowns tried to start a circle pit. Not cool.
"People like Coldplay and voted for the Nazis; you can't trust people."
Quote by slash_GNR666
Can't stand them.

Everythime I see one I just wanna go up and punch everyone in the groin and tell them to stop fannying around.

This.
I haven't moshed since I was 16. I don't see the point in paying £££ for a ticket yet not even properly listening to the music.
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
You can't prove that people DON'T walk on water. turn water into wine etc.
I got speared in a mosh pit. Not literally speared, speared in the sense that i was rugby tackled. Needless to say i stood up, hit the guy in the face twice and went and chilled at the back of the gig. Pretty much ruined the gig for me.

Electronic/dubstep/DnB/etcetcetcetc giggs always have the best atmosphere imo! It's like moshing-lite, not violent but everyones still jumping around.
Manchester United
I don't mind mosh pits. I don't often go in them but they can be fun, especially at smaller gigs. They tend to be more of a laugh at those.
I went to court over bashing a faggy hardcore dancer in the head when he pushed me outside the pit.

It was a 21+ club, his underage ass shouldn't even have been there.

I'm not a fan of pits.
I have. Got elbowed in the face. I didn't bleed. The dude was quite apologetic.
"You're not hardcore unless you live hardcore"
Nothing wrong with a mosh pit
But what happened to you just seems like senseless violence...
Rather than moshing.....

(although there is a thin line between the two)
I like a good pit but not when it's all young idiots. The pits populated and guarded by older metal heads my age (late 20s, to mid 30s) are the best. We yank people out that are ruining others fun.
I like mosh pits, but then it's me and my friend's duty to get rid of those hardcore fags who are just being berserk on drug and those douchebags who aren't even listening to the guest bands, but still managed to steal a place in the front row.

So yeah, mosh pits are fun.
- - - - - - - - - - -
I don't know why venues or promoters allow them because one would think moshing drives up insurance costs. I see it largely as a way for a*sholes to bully the other concertgoers and thus it should be banned.
Quote by CrawlingHorror
I don't know why venues or promoters allow them because one would think moshing drives up insurance costs. I see it largely as a way for a*sholes to bully the other concertgoers and thus it should be banned.

Most places ban it but it'd be pointless trying to stop it. It happens anyway.
Depends on the show... If it is a thrash show, like the multiple Megadeth and Slayer shows I've attended, I think they greatly enhance the experience, depending on the crowd (The pits here in SLC are better than the ones at any Cali show I been to). Plus crowd surfing so fun.

But if it's a show like Alice Cooper, Priest, Maiden, etc I tend to stay in the seats because I want to enjoy the show and the spectacle (Although when I saw Guns n' Roses a few months ago I joined in the mosh pit when they finally finished up play at 2 am to Paradise City... That was amazing)
Quote by So-Cal
Incest is wincest!

Quote by Neo Evil11
Because he's the hero The Pit deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. A Dark Anus.
Quote by BlackVoid
I like a good pit but not when it's all young idiots. The pits populated and guarded by older metal heads my age (late 20s, to mid 30s) are the best. We yank people out that are ruining others fun.

+1 they also protect people now wanting to get in (like me )
~And the raindrops in the cars

Keep on falling from off the bars

Blocking out a good song

Playing on the radio~
Mosh pits are retarded and only detract from the music by preoccupying audience members with other things. Then again the type of shows where mosh pits form it's probably a good thing to redirect attention away from the "music".
Quote by RU Experienced?
Mosh pits are retarded and only detract from the music by preoccupying audience members with other things. Then again the type of shows where mosh pits form it's probably a good thing to redirect attention away from the "music".

Lighters are retarded and only detract from the music by preoccupying audience members with holding their lighter up. Then again at the type of shows where lighter holding takes place it's probably a good thing to keep the audience from falling asleep.
I always start hating them silently, complaining about how they distract you from the music.

But then when the concert is awesome and I get kinda drunk I'm one of the idiots jumping around in them. I'm such a hypocrite.
I never found them to be fun, i go to shows for the music. I'm always that awkward guy in the corner nodding his head slightly with the music.
I've never been in a fight in a mosh pit, but once during BTBAM's set, I was right on the edge of the pit and there was a guy in front of me with his girlfriend. Seeing as we were both right on the edge, we were getting bumped into very often. His response was to shove/elbow/punch anyone that bumped into him. The roughness of the shoves between us got worse and worse but eventually he took it out on my friend (who you could easily pick up if you wanted to) and he ended up in the middle of the pit almost falling over. I felt bad about my friend, but we were closing to picking a fight with the douche but I didn't want to ruin my BTBAM experience.
I have fun in them

/ Six foot six big guy.

I dont hurt people though. Thats bad and naasssty.

Time on earth is like butterscotch; you really want more, even though it will probably just make you ill.

Certified lurker
Quote by RPGoof
I've never been in a fight in a mosh pit, but once during BTBAM's set, I was right on the edge of the pit and there was a guy in front of me with his girlfriend. Seeing as we were both right on the edge, we were getting bumped into very often. His response was to shove/elbow/punch anyone that bumped into him. The roughness of the shoves between us got worse and worse but eventually he took it out on my friend (who you could easily pick up if you wanted to) and he ended up in the middle of the pit almost falling over. I felt bad about my friend, but we were closing to picking a fight with the douche but I didn't want to ruin my BTBAM experience.

Those over-zealous bastards on the edge of pits are as bad as anyone in them. Don't want to mosh? Then just stand your ground and protect you GF or whatever.
Best one for me was when Motorhead was on stage doing Ace Of Spades because if there was ever a time in my life to jump in a pit, that was it. Some big burly asshole decided it would be a good idea to swing me around like a ragdoll by the back of my shirt. I wasn't having it, so as soon as I started losing my balance I managed to get a hold of him and took him to the ground with me. Once we got up, we threw each other a hi-five and kept on going. It was a blast.

Those are the best pits to be in. Where the atmosphere is nice and aggressive, but all for the sake of shits and giggles. Once you get those meatheads that are out there moshing for the sake of breaking bones, it completely kills the mood to the point where it's not even worth jumping in.
Some people just wanna watch the world burn. Wanna join me when I take my turn to pour the gas, light the match, see your world flip upside down and drop until it's inside out?
I tend to stand on the edge of mosh pits as then I have breathing room and a good view of the stage, it also gives me the option to get involved if I feel like it. Loved them more when I were a youth, still think they are a laugh today
PARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTY
As long as you don't get any assholes in there trying to hurt people a pit can be quite fun.
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Quote by BlackVoid
Lighters are retarded and only detract from the music by preoccupying audience members with holding their lighter up. Then again at the type of shows where lighter holding takes place it's probably a good thing to keep the audience from falling asleep.

I swear i saw someone try to light someone on fire last night. they grabbed there shirt pulled out a lighter had it on but the other person noticed and pushed them away.
Well, theres those metal/metalcore/core "mosh pits" that consist of a bunch of guys lightly jumping up and down and getting "rowdy" that I can't stand.

But if I go to a hardcore show, I'm gonna expect that there will be a mosh pit. In fact, most of the time, theres a square in front of the stage that no one stands in, because thats for the moshers and no one wants to get hit. I've seen some crazy shit happen, and love them to death, I'm not too into moshing though.

Just stick your arm out if someone comes near you, its fine, or better yet, stand to the side of the venue.
Quote by BlackVoid

I agree.
I had a splenectomy when I was 18, so I was never able to participate in the moshes I've seen. My friend got a bloody nose during devil driver at a slipknot show, it was from a girl about 2 feet shorter then him she knocked out his lip ring. It was a small show for slipknot maybe 500 people there tops.

It was probably the best mosh I've seen, if someone fell they were quickly helped up, adn some people even tried to help my friend find his lip ring.
Last edited by stratkat at Mar 14, 2012,
Page 1 of 2