Hey guys. Im gonna get my first usb interface really soon. So its gonna be the studio gx or the studio ux1.
Now I really dont know how good they are but Ive seen a lot of videos on youtube and personally, it sounds pretty amazing. I wont be using a mic with it. Will be using revalver and/or an awesome lepou amp sim with a cabinet impulse. I use Reaper BTW(If that's of any use.)

How good are they generally? And what are the differences between the two of em and their disadvantages.

Please reply! Thank You in advance!
Yamaha Pacifica 012
Peavey Vypyr 15

Quote by jukejointjohnny
Pro Tip - Neck pickup, tone dial rolled all the way off, makes tuners respond WAY more accurately. I only learned this trick fairly recently, and it actually works.
Last edited by amithkallupalam at Mar 14, 2012,
Quote by Weirdbag
If you don't use the pod farm, I would recommend you a basic usb interface like the focusrite saffire 6 usb. I love it and it seems to be better and more reliable than the line 6 interfaces.

Dude, that's 200$. Where I live, its much more(I think).
Yamaha Pacifica 012
Peavey Vypyr 15

Quote by jukejointjohnny
Pro Tip - Neck pickup, tone dial rolled all the way off, makes tuners respond WAY more accurately. I only learned this trick fairly recently, and it actually works.
I bought the UX2 and it's the worst gear decision I've made in my life. Takes forever to install the software. Updates are done one number at a time, like 1.00 to 1.01 to 1.02 --> 1.61 instead of just to the newest version. It also sometimes "forgets" the drivers are installed; very annoying. Here now it's given up the ghost and just crackles lightly on input. I also found the amp models left much to be desired, even after getting 2.5 software.

I've really had the best success with spending the extra dough on a DAW, the ZOOM R16 is pretty good.
:: Peavey JSX | XXX ::
:: LTD V | Viper | AX [EMG85] ::
:: Vader 2x12 | Krankenstein 4x12 ::
:: G50 | DecimatorG-String | 95Q ::
:: Polytune | Ditto | CarbonCopy ::
^Alright, know any better interfaces?
Anybody else?
Yamaha Pacifica 012
Peavey Vypyr 15

Quote by jukejointjohnny
What about the m-audio fast track?
Yamaha Pacifica 012
Peavey Vypyr 15

Quote by jukejointjohnny
I've got a UX2 and have not experienced any of the negative things crabstampede mentioned.

I have heard the Focusrite Sapphire stuff is far superior though. If you don't have the money for that and like what Pod Farm offers (like I do) then $100-$150 for a UX1 is a great value.
Alright Thanks!
Yamaha Pacifica 012
Peavey Vypyr 15

Quote by jukejointjohnny