what are some good amps for a nice djent tone, i'm looking at a few amps at this moment
Soldano Avenger
Framus Cobra
Bogner Uberschall
Engl (not sure which model)
Do they have mids?

They can djent. It's a palm muting technique. If you can palm mute, you can djent.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

yes, i know a lot of it comes from your hands, i just want to invest in a nice amp i just dont know which one ya know?
6534's pretty dirty sounding from what I remember, I thought djent would require something tighter and more defined.
For Frodo!
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
No because a world full of marbles silly man is just as real as a half empty glass of microwaved nesquik.
AxeFx Ultra/2

its what every Djent band uses now pretty much, live and in the studio and it sounds ridiculous. you can pick them up for like $1200 if i'm not mistaken which is a hell of a lot cheaper than any of the amps you said you were looking at
Tom Anderson Guitarworks

Mayones Guitars

Suhr Guitars

Mesa Boogie

Friedman Amplification

Fractal Audio Systems

Quote by Bladed-Vaults
*Bane voice* ahhh yes. The br00tz, I was born with it. Molded by it. I didnt know of the light until I was already a man.
i dont want an amp that sounds processed, i like the idea of an axefx for a studio, just not live
Quote by RUMPLED4thSKIN
i dont want an amp that sounds processed, i like the idea of an axefx for a studio, just not live

Well, processing, at least to me is what gets you that tight djent sound. Meshuggah uses Axe-Fx's live now. Periphery uses them in some capacity as well. I'm not really into that type of music so I'm just naming the flagship bands, but there ain't nothing wrong with an Axe-Fx if that's the sound you're going for. There's plenty of tube amps, like a Mesa Mark V or maybe a particular ENGL (which I know nothing about) that will do it, but the best djents I've heard have all been from signal processing.

To each his own though, just my two cents.
Quote by RUMPLED4thSKIN
yeah i understand, i just like the idea of a physical amp

shouldnt matter if it gets you the best sound

to get a djent sound live you'll need your amp, and then countless other pedals. noise gates, compressors, boost pedals. Now yeah i know its not hard to get these things but when everything is in one box and you dont need any other thing apart from you guitar surely thats a better option
Tom Anderson Guitarworks

Mayones Guitars

Suhr Guitars

Mesa Boogie

Friedman Amplification

Fractal Audio Systems

Quote by Bladed-Vaults
*Bane voice* ahhh yes. The br00tz, I was born with it. Molded by it. I didnt know of the light until I was already a man.
No i completely understand the convenience of an axe fx, but even still, after i buy the axe fx i will still need power amp to run it live through my cab which is another grand
Quote by robertito696
6534's pretty dirty sounding from what I remember, I thought djent would require something tighter and more defined.

Mines super tight and agressive, even with the gain down. Maybe the clarity could be a tad better but its a solid choice for periphery type djent
Most high gain amps of quality can offer you that sound in some way, with a tubescreamer, compressor, and likely an eq and noise supressor in front. Mileage will vary, but really djent is just a way of eqing an amp with punchy mids and some good tight bass. At least that's what my interpretation is.
Quote by shredftw
shouldnt matter if it gets you the best sound
Well, you'd still want a decent power amp and cabinet if you ever wanted to work a bit of feedback as well. Sure the AxeFX is a good doover but by itself it doesn't have any real stage presence. There's nothing quite like standing in front of a wall of speakers, a foldback wedge just doesn't cut it.
Now in a rack with a Mesa 50:50 and a nice cab, sure, that I could understand.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
Well, you'd still want a decent power amp and cabinet if you ever wanted to work a bit of feedback as well. Sure the AxeFX is a good doover but by itself it doesn't have any real stage presence. There's nothing quite like standing in front of a wall of speakers, a foldback wedge just doesn't cut it.
Now in a rack with a Mesa 50:50 and a nice cab, sure, that I could understand.

i agree with you, but i generally approach this from the perspective that the TS will want to have the best sound possible.

you can find a good Mesa power amp and an AxeFx ultra for the same price as any of the amp you mentioned before on the used market once you've got all the pedals and stuff you need
Tom Anderson Guitarworks

Mayones Guitars

Suhr Guitars

Mesa Boogie

Friedman Amplification

Fractal Audio Systems

Quote by Bladed-Vaults