I'm running a saffire 6, monitoring with my headphones through the rca outs. The headphone jack also monitors the dry signal unless I set it to O/P 3-4, but then I can't hear sounds from my computer (ie. can't play along with songs). So I've been using the rca outs, the problem is I can't get enough volume. It's an acceptable level I'd just like a bit more at my disposal. What are my options? Should I just toss a small headphone amp in or can I boost the audio some other way?
For Frodo!
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
No because a world full of marbles silly man is just as real as a half empty glass of microwaved nesquik.
Mixing quiet in many ways is preferable. Mixing loud gives the track more excitement than there actually is, mixing at a lower volume will mean you don't hear things that aren't there.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
I tend to mix a lot lower than the Fletcher Munson curve recommends (85+dB seems ridiculous to me for unless you can afford the time to only mix for an hour or two a day) as I a) have neighbours and don't want to be kicked out of this apartment, and b) since the start of the year I've had mild (I think) tinnitus and don't want to make it any worse if I can help it.

I only turn the volume up to check for any frequency issues/noises that might be present at very low volume in the mix and could be masked by environmental noise when listening at low voumes.
Hey, look. Sigs are back.
I play my guitar primarily through my computer as I live in a college dorm, I just wanted a bit of volume for jamming and noodling around. Mixing I do at the volume I'd listen to it at and I check the mix over the course of a couple days so I can listen with fresh ears.

I was just hoping to give myself a bit more headroom. I've been lowering the volume and letting my ears adjust to that and it helps a bit but that adjustive period throws off my flow a bit when I'm trying to write.
For Frodo!
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
No because a world full of marbles silly man is just as real as a half empty glass of microwaved nesquik.
Quote by robertito696
I play my guitar primarily through my computer as I live in a college dorm

Wear headphones.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
^I do. Hence why I play through my computer not my amp. Should have made that clearer. Even then I can't seem to get all that much volume without clipping the signal.
For Frodo!
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
I've been lowering the volume and letting my ears adjust to that and it helps a bit but that adjustive period throws off my flow a bit when I'm trying to write.