Hello, who makes the best and most reliable guitar cable out there? I've been using a rotosound cable for half a year and it's so bad and cheaply made.
There’s a star in the northern sky
Captivating me as I walk by
Showing me what I can become
Leave behind what is lost or won
People are going to say Livewire but honestly I would take a Monster any day. They are somewhat expensive but are excellent cables.
Btw good old coily cables by bullet cables are sweet. Vox makes them too but I would suggest Bullet.
I've used the same Whirlwind cable for my guitar and its still going strong after 20 years of use.
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
I've used the same Whirlwind cable for my guitar and its still going strong after 20 years of use.

I saw they offer 15 years warranty on their cables. Could it be?
Monster is the only cable I haven't broken yet. My Livewire broke after five days--quick fix with a soldering iron, but annoying. Of course, all the Monster hype about improving your tone is just hype, but they really are durable.
Money beats soul every time.

Money beats soul...every time.

Money...beats soul...every...goddamn...time.
Monster will send you a new cable if yours break pretty much no questions asked, thats what my friend said anyway.
I like Planet Waves, and they offer a lifetime warranty... that being said I've still managed to break two in the last few years through gigging/getting knocked about in gig bag so I'd take any warranty on guitar leads with a pinch of salt.
Hey, look. Sigs are back.
I like DiMarzio cables, but they don't make an angled input one, so I use a vox coily cable to connect to my guitar. All my patches and the cable to the amp are DiMarzio though.
Thanks for the replies, I researched a bit and Bullet coil cables are for me. Paul Gilbert uses them as well
Next cable I get is gonna be a Vox Coily Cable, for the lolz.
PRS SE Custom 24 w/ Seymour Duncan JB and Jazz Pickups
Squire Classic Vibe Stratocaster

Digitech Bad Monkey

Pignose 7100 Legendary Amplifyer
Lava Cable is really good but expensive as hell. They do custom jobs too with really nice cable (nice as in, lets mortgage the house to outfit the band with cables). They have coily cables too if that's what you're in to.
"Practice doesn't make perfect. Perfect practice makes perfect." -some dude
Last edited by Prime2515102 at Mar 14, 2012,
i like monsters but i'm broke and use horizons... i think. i've had to resolder several plugs on several cables
Call me Chris
Quote by jimihendrix6699
had a blast until the person in front of me whipped out his dick and started pissing all over the floor..

Ducks and guitars or fish and guitars. I lead a simple existence
I just bought one at Radio Shack for like 5 dollars. It's long and green with gold connectors.... Works fine. Been using it for 4 years so....
Legion!
Original 1969 Fender Jazzmaster
Jackson JS32R Dinky "Curry"
ESP/LTD SN-1000
Jackson Stars Kelly "Aiko"
Ormsby SX6 prototype
Dingwall NG-2 "Kimmy"
MiM Fender Jazz Bass "Pancho"
EVH 5153
Pretty much any cable over $20 is going to be a good cable. After that price hill, it's just the little things.

I swear by Livewire. They're very cheap, and have a lifetime warranty. If one breaks, take it to GC, they'll give you a new one. Essentially the same deal as Monster, except that Monster charges twice as much for their name.

If you want to spend a little more and get a bit more quality, I've heard excellent things about Lava. I will probably switch over to them in the future.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
I have a 12ft monster that I've had for 9-10 years. Lifetime warranties are nice. Going to get some mogami cables pretty soon to try out too.
+1 for my bullet suggestion gearmandude got me into them. the vintage vox coily isn't bad though either.