Alright, my first post on UG!

I'm ordering a custom Jackson King V with a lot of cool stuff on it.
Here come the questions:

At first, I wanted an EMG 85/81 set, but I've decided to swap the 85 for a
Fernandes FSK-101 sustainer. It says it functions as an OK neck pickup too,
is this true? And, would it be an active or a passive?

I want coil splits for both pickups, so is it possible to wire one to the Sustainer?

I want an Original Floyd Rose, but I'm wondering about having it recessed or not.
That's because I really want an EVH D-Tuna on there. But, that means I'll have to block
it. So I have to make a choice between pullups and droptuning. Any advice?

I like the feel of a 27'' neck, even though I'll be tuning in E standard / Drop D.
I'll play with Ernie Ball Power Slinkies or Beefy Slinkies, so I was wondering if
the 0.011 strings combined with the 27'' scale in E standard would give too much tension?

Thanks!

(edit)
Ok, so I'm going for the D-Tuna, guess I'll have to get a Tremol-No for it. How about switching the Tremol-No to hardtail / dive-only for the D-tuna, and just sliding the D-tuna in and then switching to fully floating? To me it seems that it shouldn't mess up the Floyd that way (assuming you aren't pulling the D-tuna out while in fully floating mode). Would some additional routing for the slid in D-tuna make pullups possible?
Last edited by kiwiug at Mar 14, 2012,
You can't split an EMG 81 or 85. You'd need to get an 89 or 81TW. However, you still can't split those, because they're actually dual mode pickups. They contain a humbucker and a single coil stacked on that.

Also, 11's with a 27" scale and E standard? Might be a bit tight.
The fernandes can't be split as far as I know, but if you have it in the same guitar as an emg it will run off the same battery as the 81/85/89 or whatever you put in the bridge. And just personally, I found the d tuna a lot more useful than pullups. Albeit I just never liked doing them, maybe you do. Its just my opinion.

And ill second the notion of 11s tuned standard e is too much. I use 9s or 10s (max) for the tuning you described. Going as thick as 11 may actually cause some setup problems and likely add a bit of extra stress to the truss rod and guitar itself.
*insert witty statement here*