no i dont want a new amp

yes i am aware that you all think v's are shit (i play in classical position, v's are the most comfortable electrics to me)

Now that that's out of the way... I'm real close to buying this, but I really don't wanna dish out that much cash for something Chinese or Indonesian. Does anyone know where these guitars are made? And are they put together decently?

thk u
I remember Musicians Friend really pumping the X Series when it first came out a few weeks ago. I'm fairly certain they're Japanese guitars
I'm pretty sure they are Japanese guitars.

Seems like a decent buy, if you can deal with the passive EMG's and the basswood body.
As far as I know, Japanese made Jacksons are pretty durable, but they are getting more and more overpriced since Fender bought them a few years ago.

As an example, I bought a 2008 Demmelition King V with an original floyd for 1600$ taxes included. But now, they are sold close to 1900 taxes not included and they replaced the OFR by a shitty Korean FRT-0200.

Just make sure you get the most of every dollar you spend !
- - - - - - - - - - -
Probably not chinese made, but even if it was what would it matter. Jackson has a history of selling great guitars around this price so wouldnt that be enough to go on. Besides the best guitar I have ever owned was made in indonesia. And thats including the fact that ive had guitars made in china, korea, and I had 1 that was american. Where its made is a moot point, whats more important is who it was made by. Were the builders hand picked, experienced, and careful or were they a bunch of random people who are there solely to collect a paycheck.
they're made in india, as far as i'm aware. EDIT: ^ dangit, ninja'd Still, i'll happily be ninja'd by an accurate post every day of the week

jeez, if you don't know, don't post. the older x-series was japanese, but the new ones aren't.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
i'm sayin though. it legitimately does not matter where your guitar is made, as long as you like it. Like, i understand why people ask where their guitar is made because it's a (very) general indicator of the quality they can expect. but really, it doesn't matter. On topic though, I think they're made in japan
I'm a dude, he's a dude, she's a dude, we're all dudes HEY!
it legitimately does if they're not made as well, or use substandard parts or wood etc.

it also legitimately does if you're willing to pay more for living wages

also, as i said, INDIA
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
This ^

I'm 99% sure its MII

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

It's not like america and japan use magic robots to make their guitars, there all just guitars it's spec'd quite nicely it may be made in India, but all that means is its a bit more likely to be a lemon. With the way American and Japanese manufacture are going the difference is less marked than it used to be.

Above all else this means that you should play before you buy, if its not in local guitar stores drive somewhere else if that's impossible buy something else.
SMILE!
Last edited by Mr.DeadDuck at Mar 14, 2012,
^ no-one said anything about magic. generally speaking (and yes, there are some exceptions, but few enough that that's what they are- exceptions) USA- or Japan-made instruments are made to higher tolerances, and with higher quality parts, wood and workmanship. It's not a fluke, they're designed to be that way.

I'd also say it's not really anything to do with lemons (though you probably do get more lemons in the cheaper ranges)- a flawless cheaper guitar from a lower range will not be as good as a flawless guitar from a dearer range. it's designed to not be as good.

Quote by ItsThatDude

yeah, the new x series isn't mij as far as i'm aware
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Unless i missed it somewhere above me - How old is the one your looking at buying?

If your buying new then I'd expect Indian, if it was a little older than there is a chance it will be MIJ.

There nothing wrong with the MII but if you fish around the used market you may be able to pick up a sweet MIJ + save some cash. I firmly believe there is a difference between the two, the mii is nice, but everything just seems to be a little more refined on the Japanese versions.

Oh, and for what its worth, I dont think V's are shit.
If you play the guitar and it meets your needs and you like it, then get it. No one can fault you there. I would be careful of buying one of these without trying it first, however. Currently with Jackson, made in USA > Japan > everything else. This is because the USA factory uses the highest quality parts, construction, along with inspection and hand done processes that do not exist in there other factories. There's a reason for the price difference between where they are made. It has more to do with quality parts and a quality building process. The reasons the X series guitars are so much cheaper is because they use lower quality woods and parts along with a building process that will cut corners to save time and money.
Quote by zero
There nothing wrong with the MII but if you fish around the used market you may be able to pick up a sweet MIJ + save some cash. I firmly believe there is a difference between the two, the mii is nice, but everything just seems to be a little more refined on the Japanese versions.

Good idea, check out what I found: http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Jackson-KVX10-King-V-Electric-Guitar-Black-/200722539019?pt=Guitar&hash=item2ebbfee20b

MIJ and everything, look legit?

EDIT:
Specifically, this guitar has had a major headstock repair

ಠ_ಠ
Last edited by OVER9000VIDEOS at Mar 15, 2012,
Yeah I would avoid that one - but the idea its self has merit.
Quote by decadence5423
the USA factory uses the highest quality parts, construction, along with inspection and hand done processes that do not exist in there other factories.

Source?
Jackson, Ibanez, Lag
Carvin, Marshall
Ibanez, Boss, Korg
Quote by Bidley
Source?

I own a Jackson USA DK1. I've previously owned many Japanese Jacksons because I never wanted to fork over the cash for a USA model. I'm glad I finally did, because there is really no comparison. Everything about my USA model is better than my Japanese Jacksons, real mother of pearl, the neck is oiled and not clear coated, higher quality body wood, the flamed maple top is much thicker, maybe 1/8 inch, where as on Japanese made models you can easily sand right through it (if it even has a maple veneer). Original Floyd Rose, vs Jackson licensed, metal covers instead of plastic, higher quality electronics, and I could keep going. Most of these things really effect the sound. Finally, when you buy a USA Jackson you get a tag that specifies who was responsible for each stage in the making of your guitar along with the final inspection sign off.
Okay guys, a few of you here have the right information, the others not so much!

The X series was introduced some time around the turn of the millennium, made in India. Pretty soon they were switched to Japan and were made there for about ten years at Chushin Gakki alongside the Pro and MG series.

Last year Jackson revamped the X series and moved production to the Harmony Musical Instruments factory in Chennai, India. The same factory that builds their entry level JS range.

Since the series has only just been revamped, there's plenty of the older Japanese models still floating around, even though they've now been discontinued. Generally speaking, the older Japanese X series guitars are a lot more basic on the feature list - bolt on necks, unbound fretboards, Duncan Designed pups and Jackson licensed Floyds. And so on. They have model names like DX10D and KVX10.

The newer Indian models use the cheaper build to ramp up the specs while staying at the same price point - these models are neck through (aside from the Dinky), have bound fretboards, most have EMGs and Floyd Specials. Their model names take the form of KVXMG, SLXMG, SLXT, RRXT etc.

I haven't played any, but judging by the general opinion of a lot of Jackson fans, they're good guitars for the price. The build quality tends to be pretty good aside from the occasional small cosmetic flaw and they play nicely. They won't match the high end stuff, but for something like one fifth the price you wouldn't expect them to. But, as I said that's second hand information. Play one yourself.
Does no one on this site realize what MSRP is or how it works? MSRP is always higher than street price. Musicians Friend has that guitar priced at $550.

Also I'm pretty sure most lower end Jackson stuff is made in India.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by decadence5423
I own a Jackson USA DK1. I've previously owned many Japanese Jacksons because I never wanted to fork over the cash for a USA model. I'm glad I finally did, because there is really no comparison. Everything about my USA model is better than my Japanese Jacksons, real mother of pearl, the neck is oiled and not clear coated, higher quality body wood, the flamed maple top is much thicker, maybe 1/8 inch, where as on Japanese made models you can easily sand right through it (if it even has a maple veneer). Original Floyd Rose, vs Jackson licensed, metal covers instead of plastic, higher quality electronics, and I could keep going. Most of these things really effect the sound. Finally, when you buy a USA Jackson you get a tag that specifies who was responsible for each stage in the making of your guitar along with the final inspection sign off.

Fair enough, it'd just you spoke as if you'd been to the factory or something. USA Jackson's superior hardware and materials is reflected in the price, and a tag saying who inspected it doesn't mean the Japanese don't inspect it either

I have a Jap Jackson KE3 and it's a fantastic guitar for the money, even the licensed FR is good, and that's saying something. I've always lusted after a USA Kelly though...
Jackson, Ibanez, Lag
Carvin, Marshall
Ibanez, Boss, Korg
Quote by Offworld92

Also I'm pretty sure most lower end Jackson stuff is made in India.

Yes, as I said in the post right before yours! They're made at Harmony Musical Instruments in Chennai.