On my Floyd Rose guitar. Im going from 009's to a signature set of random gauges. Do I need to make adjustments to the intonation and springs?
yes

Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR
ESP LTD MH-1000NT
Marshall AVT100
Boss ME-70

Quote by stratdud39
Thank you for your words of wisdom.
ok now im scared to touch it. I just had this guitar set up, how difficult will it be to get it set up on my own again?
There's plenty of information to be found on the internet, hell I learned how to set up a floyd on youtube .

Anyways, floyds aren't exactly rocket science .
- - - - - - - - - - -
Quote by 7end3r
Do I need to make adjustments to the intonation and springs?

You won't know until you get the new strings on and they settle in. Check your intonation then. If the new strings are significantly heavier or lighter than what you have now, you may have to adjust the springs on your trem. Again, you won't know until the new strings are on, stretched out, and tuned to pitch.
Quote by 7end3r
signature set of random gauges

Well you might want to find out exactly what's going on your guitar so you can set it up accordingly. 9s to 10s means screwing in the trem claw a bit, but 9s to 12s/13s means getting a fourth or fifth spring to counteract the string tension increase as well as adjusting the trem claw
There needs to be a sticky for guitar adjustments (not floyd, we already have one for that) and string gauges/string changes. SO many similar threads on the same stuff.

EDIT: HOLY SHIT there is already a sticky for that! Why do we get these threads!?
Last edited by Myaccount876 at Mar 14, 2012,
Quote by Myaccount876
There needs to be a sticky for guitar adjustments (not floyd, we already have one for that) and string gauges/string changes. SO many similar threads on the same stuff.

EDIT: HOLY SHIT there is already a sticky for that! Why do we get these threads!?

Because new posters don't think to go on youtube, where there are loads of floyd rose set up vids, or even check the stickies on UG before posting the same setup questions
Can they PLEASE start making it a temporary ban/warning for doing stuff like this? It gets annoying when NEW users don't care or respect the free service they are using improperly.