well, i'm currently in my second year of a five year education program (gonna be a high school history teacher), but i think i'm gonna take a year off after this year is over.
i know it's selfish and a lot of people won't agree with me, but honestly i'm just not really happy with where i am and how things are going. my plan is to move to the city about 5 hours away from my university and just work for a year (her roommate can get me a job at Future Shop) and just sort of reprioritize and de-stress.
has anybody else done this? if so, please give any advice you can

thanks
twitter: @ljg35

Xbox Live (CoD MW3, Halo 4, NHL 13): ljg 01 Adler
oops sorry haha i didn't really read it over. my girlfriend lives in the city 5 hours away, and her roommate can get me the job

How's that selfish? Do what you wanna do.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
I say go for it then man. If you think it'll make you happier then there's no reason not to. Plus you'll be closer to your girlfriend, so it'll be nice for her too
The more time you take off the harder it is to go back.
Quote by Scruff17
Kiss a guy and tell her it means nothing to you. Then die a little inside knowing that it did.

Flippin Tables
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

PSN: Chuche_02
How dare you be so selfish!!!

Quote by So-Cal
Incest is wincest!

Quote by Neo Evil11
Because he's the hero The Pit deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. A Dark Anus.
well my parents said it was selfish of me since they think i won't go back and that these two years were basically a waste of time and money.
but i'm glad you guys can see my point of view. i mean, why do something if i'm not happy doing it? and i'm certain that once i get my life back in order, i'll be ready for school and come back to finish what i've started.
bro hugs

That year won't do you anything but good. Taking a gap year is sometimes the wisest you can do; hopefully it'll fuel your motivation for future study and work!
ERROR 0x45: Signature not found
Time and money mean nothing if you're not happy, or at least content.
Sing me to sleep.
It will only be selfish if you do in fact not go back to school - evaluating your life isn't selfish though. If this time will give what you need to get your head clear and then get back to school when the time is right, go for it!
Quote by xX.SirenSong.Xx
has anybody else done this? if so, please give any advice you can

My advice is the following:
1) Only do this if it is truly necessary. Finishing your education as quickly as possible is typically the best route (like ripping off a band-aid, just pull the ****er off).
2) Stay as active as possible in your time off.
3) Don't abuse / become addicted to drugs.
Go for it.
I took a year off and dont regret it one bit. My grades and mood are better now then if I had stayed that year and pushed on.
OSCILLATE WILDLY!
her roommate is a girl so that's okay

If everything looks go, go for it.

Just making sure though, you've already gone to the new town, scouted out a place to stay, jobs, stores, restaurants, etc.?
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
Quote by xX.SirenSong.Xx
her roommate is a girl so that's okay

I took 2 years off from school and it was one of the best decisions I've ever made. Really gave me some time to truly figure out what direction I wanted to take my life in. I had no problem going back when I was ready but then again I started a new program. Going back to 3rd year courses after being away for so long might be a bit harder but not impossible if you take advantage of the resources and assistance offered by your school.
Quote by NotFromANUS
My advice is the following:
1) Only do this if it is truly necessary. Finishing your education as quickly as possible is typically the best route (like ripping off a band-aid, just pull the ****er off).
2) Stay as active as possible in your time off.
3) Don't abuse / become addicted to drugs.

But don't you think finishing a year later with better results due to more motivation would be better?
ERROR 0x45: Signature not found