Today I don't know if it's one of those days that you can't play a shit, but I'm feeling like I CAN'T play anything. And I feel like I reached my limit with the guitar, I mean, I can't play perfect, but I feel like I can't play better (and I can't play "hard stuff"), I don't know what the **** is going wrong. I didn't have too much progress in 1 year.

The worst thing, tomorrow I have my first guitar lesson on the ex-Berklee in my country (we had a Berklee here, but now we had the same teachers and stuff, but another name).

What can I do? Cause I feel like practice is useless....
I don't even know what should I play, because the things I like are hard (or too much easy), so I don't have any song to play.
Start a band. Have you been in one? The progress you make playing with a band is amazing.
My sig? Nice.
Quote by BurningTurkey
Start a band. Have you been in one? The progress you make playing with a band is amazing.

I have 1, but we don't play covers; and I'm the only "musician" on it.
I mean, they play perfect, but we play soft rock; I am not under pressure.
I'm thinking about quitting guitar, this feeling suck
I was in a similar predicament and left guitar for bass. Lo ng story short I came back. but maybe just take some time for yourself just chill and stuff
I like shotguns. thats all you need to know
Quote by slashermaster
I was in a similar predicament and left guitar for bass. Lo ng story short I came back. but maybe just take some time for yourself just chill and stuff

I can't leave my guitar, lol. I think about that, but I feel like my mind is playing a joke. And I find bass like a boring instrument, unless you play like Victor Wooten lol
Don't quit. If you're not under pressure, then you don't HAVE to learn anything new. Maybe play with a band who plays something you're not comfortable with.
Step out of your comfort zone. If you're always in your comfort zone, you're not pushing yourself.
My sig? Nice.
Also, lke slasher said, when I found myself feeling in a slump, I started playing the drums. After about a month of playing them and coming back to guitar, i noticed significant improvement.
My sig? Nice.
Quote by BurningTurkey
Also, lke slasher said, when I found myself feeling in a slump, I started playing the drums. After about a month of playing them and coming back to guitar, i noticed significant improvement.

wow I thought it was just my mind playing tricks on me
Don't quit. If you're not under pressure, then you don't HAVE to learn anything new. Maybe play with a band who plays something you're not comfortable with.
Step out of your comfort zone. If you're always in your comfort zone, you're not pushing yourself.

Yeah, that's true.

What slashermaster said it's true (that's why I play ukelele, piano and I'm having lessons to try to sing).
Quote by randycrusy
Yeah, that's true.

What slashermaster said it's true (that's why I play ukelele, piano and I'm having lessons to try to sing).

das the spirit if the stuff you know is getting boring try something new
the bad news is that what you're going through happens .... It's called a "Slump" and they happen... I've been playing for 40 years... I can't count the number of Slumps I've gone through...

Don't beat yourself up, don't get discouraged... Don't quit, and don't stop playing.. play when you feel like it..

Getting with other musicians will help, stepping out of your comfort zone and learning something new helps too...

Get used to it.. it won't be the last time you go through one, unless you quit altogether, and you've said you don't want to do that...
I Play Guitar
Some Like it
Some don't
I don't care
Beats Workin'
OLD GUYS RULE!!!!
Quote by Papabear505
the bad news is that what you're going through happens .... It's called a "Slump" and they happen... I've been playing for 40 years... I can't count the number of Slumps I've gone through...

Don't beat yourself up, don't get discouraged... Don't quit, and don't stop playing.. play when you feel like it..

Getting with other musicians will help, stepping out of your comfort zone and learning something new helps too...

Get used to it.. it won't be the last time you go through one, unless you quit altogether, and you've said you don't want to do that...

I see... :/ I won't quit. I'll try my best... Maybe I should practice what I preach and play easy songs that I like
You hit a plateau. Happens to everyone. If this is whats going to make you quit guitar then maybe you should reconsider why your playing guitar in the first place. Best of luck to you though.