Might be a bit of a silly question but is there such a thing as longer guitar strings? The reason being is I've just bought some ernie ball regular slinkys for my dg335 build which has a bigsby go to restring it and get to the high e string the strings not quite long enough to get a hold for me to tighten it up, obviously if you have a bigsby you'll relise how stressful it is restringing at the best of times, help me please!!
Wanna know what gear i have? check my profile
Black Beauty Owners Group
Muddy Waters invented electricity

Paul Kossoff = Genius
Quote by gangsta_rick
Might be a bit of a silly question but is there such a thing as longer guitar strings? The reason being is I've just bought some ernie ball regular slinkys for my dg335 build which has a bigsby go to restring it and get to the high e string the strings not quite long enough to get a hold for me to tighten it up, obviously if you have a bigsby you'll relise how stressful it is restringing at the best of times, help me please!!

WOW.. see I got an Epi P93 Riviera, and the only 2 that give me problems are D and G, but I can still get them wrapped 3 or 4 times... then I looked... All 6 of those tuners are in a line...

Hmmm... well, I'd say that it had Gibson strings on it new, so maybe thats what you need to get.. Another thing I do.. especially with the bigsby, is run the rough ones up the neck and clamp them down with a capo to hold the strings on the bigsby while I'm trying to thread them through the tuners... Kind of an extra set of hands...
I Play Guitar
Some Like it
Some don't
I don't care
Beats Workin'
OLD GUYS RULE!!!!
Its a guitar that I made, but I'm sure the last strings I had on it we're long enough, trouble is I'm not sure what they were, I'm just wondering is there certain brands that make longer ones, the e string that I have just gets through the other side but when I tighten it up it pulls free, I'm sure at some point I've crossed one of the strings over but that's a bit fiddlely specially when your tuning

Paul Kossoff = Genius
I'll ask my friend that has one.

But I'd try D'Addario strings. I just put a pack on and they are a lot longer than the Ernie Ball strings. Even the excess is excessive hahaha.

You could also try going to the store and GC usually has super long pipes with all the strings out. You could compare lengths.
Current Stage Gear
Ibanez 1987 RG550 Road Flare Red(66th one ever made)
HD500 Pedal
Bugera Vintage 22

Quote by metaldood91
Hi. Can someone tell me which guitars are real 24 fret guitars and which are just 22 fret guitars with 2 extra frets added on?
Think we must of overlooked how short strings are when we made it, I suppose it was the first guitar I built though, and I wouldn't change anything about it, no matter how annoying it is to restring haha, I think I might pop down to my local guitar shop and see if he has any loose strings I can measure up on

Paul Kossoff = Genius