Hey There,

I was wondering if anyone here puts the Tuner after their Wah? I keep my Tuner on the board but my Wah stays on the floor due to space issues. I know most say that the Tuner should always be forst to get the best signal but I've been running my Korg Pitchblack right after my Vox Wah and there doesn't appear to be any issues with accuracy concerning the Tuner. (At least, not so far! hehe)

Any thoughts? I guess I'm asking if anyone else does this and if I can expect any problems with putting things this way.

-Major Bludd
where ever the hell you want, but just no the later in the chain you put it the more effects you have to worry about turning off so the tuner gets the clearest signal.

I have mine first after wah (when i use wah anyway)
no problems, might very slightly change the sound... but this will be minimal. why not try it each way and see if there is a discernible difference in tone?

but yeah, the tuner should still work fine before or after.
---
My thoughts for my board are that I want the tuner right after the guitar so that there is no noise that could throw the tuner off, or make it harder for the tuner to pickup the guitar signal... For accuracy and speed..

BUT... if your wah is a True Bypass pedal, then as long as it's not on while you're tuning, it shouldn't be an issue...
I Play Guitar
Some Like it
Some don't
I don't care
Beats Workin'
OLD GUYS RULE!!!!
i would put it right after the guitar before a wah.
Gibson SG Special Faded(Super Distortion/PAF Pro)
Carvin V3M
Jet City JCA2112RC
Taylor 114e
Ibanez SR300e

Quote by Delanoir
In 60 years, there will still be Opeth.
You know why?
Death ain't got **** on Mikael.
Quote by Papabear505
My thoughts for my board are that I want the tuner right after the guitar so that there is no noise that could throw the tuner off, or make it harder for the tuner to pickup the guitar signal... For accuracy and speed..

+1. I'm not sure why anyone would put it anywhere else but right after your guitar.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
I've heard people at BOSS saying to put their tuner before any other pedals because it would act as a buffer. I don't know if this is true for other tuners, but it is for the BOSS TU series.

so Amp>tuner>other effects>guitar.
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.
Quote by Offworld92
+1. I'm not sure why anyone would put it anywhere else but right after your guitar.

I know. It just seems so logical to put it first. But my Tuner is more a part of my board than my Wah is. I sometimes use Wah, but I use my Tuner more often. So I just wanted to make sure the setup works, even if it's not ideal.

I believe the Korg Pitchblack is TB, but I may be wrong...
Last edited by Major Bludd at Mar 14, 2012,
Run it first. Use it as a kill switch for your entire rig.
Quote by 667
Run it first. Use it as a kill switch for your entire rig.

Ah, but the Wah won't fit on my board hence my dilemma...
Eh. The wah doesn't change the pitch even when it's engaged, plus it's the only pedal before the tuner. Unless the wah's ruining your signal to begin with via noise, its effect on the tuner's likely negligible to nil. If you really want to get down to it, as a 1-minute experiment, tune it with the wah in front, then plug in directly to the tuner. If there's no change, you're good to go.
I am a fake mountain.
Quote by Major Bludd
Ah, but the Wah won't fit on my board hence my dilemma...

if all your pedals won't fit on your board... well... you need a bigger board... or perhaps reorganize the old one...
I Play Guitar
Some Like it
Some don't
I don't care
Beats Workin'
OLD GUYS RULE!!!!