Hola Pit. So I'm currently without a license. Normally, that doesn't stop me from driving, but I've already gotten a ticket fro driving without a license. So I've been getting a ride from my ol' man. However, I'm all by my lonesome for the remainder of the week, and thus have no ride to work. I have two options: Walk (7 miles, 2ish hours) or take a cab. Does walking seem too ridiculous?
All the way from Palm Springs, just out of detox.
Show him a warm welcome, let's hear some applause
Yeah, it's a bit much. No offense or anything, but don't you have friends?
Write your own lyrics or poetry? Post them HERE for a crit.
Follow me on Twitter
Quote by RU Experienced?
Are there no buses in your area?

And yes, a 2 hour walking commute is a hair too much.

Nope, no buses. Calling a cab twice a day for the next four days seems like it'll add up rather quickly...
Quote by brandon369852
Yeah, it's a bit much. No offense or anything, but don't you have friends?

Not in the area. I haven't been living in the area for too long, and all my friends live like 40 minutes away.
Just drive your dads car and you won't get stopped. Problem solved. That or pay your fine you bum.
That sounds like fun, go for it.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
It will. I'm guessing you don't have a bike? That's like 30min on a bike if you can come up with one.
language
jazyk
kieli
язык
العربية

My Tumblr: Lots of artist recommendations, album reviews, and ideas about music (as well as some film and bike stuff).

Go Sharks! Go Wings! Go Flyers! Go Kings!
Quote by carlos_almighty
Nope, no buses. Calling a cab twice a day for the next four days seems like it'll add up rather quickly...

Good thing you have a job. Or you could risk getting another ticket.
Quote by carlos_almighty
Not in the area. I haven't been living in the area for too long, and all my friends live like 40 minutes away.

What about a work buddy? Anyone you know that you could convince with beer or something? Gas money?

If you're willing to get up two hours earlier, I'd say go for it. Just know that you're gonna be tired af when you get to work.

Or you could just drive safe/orderly and not get pulled over
Write your own lyrics or poetry? Post them HERE for a crit.
Follow me on Twitter
Quote by butterfingers30
Bicycle?!

ahem

281-330-8004, that's my cell phone number, hit me up on the low
What happened to your bicycle man

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
taxi dude f*ck a 2 hr walk every day
Quote by Robchappers
Ha ha love you to dude ;-)

Quote by fearofthemark
10/10 Slater is amazing

Fender Deluxe Roadhouse Strat
Ibanez RG4EXFM1
Washburn D46S
Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah
Fulltone OCD Overdrive
Boss SD-1 Overdrive
MXR M-148 Micro Chorus
Jet City JCA2112RC 20W
I walked an hour to the library before autumn quarter started. an hour each way. pretty hot. jeans because I have stick legs. I couldn't drive because OSU Transportation and Parking would vaporize my car and sue me for using their asphalt. It wasn't bad; a cigarette and half a bottle of sprite.

I did it a few times, maybe for two weeks? eight days? so that's like 16 hours of hot walking to go make photocopies of useless crap from the 70's. it was fun because it was all about glaciers.

foodit: then the quarter started and the buses were regular and it takes like five minutes now. hahahahah
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....
When in doubt, get a jetpack.
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.

Listening to: The Police

Please excuse my proper spelling and grammar, English is one of my first languages.
I've got like 3 hours late arrival this week, and I've been walking to school. It takes me a little over an hour, but I've been enjoying it. I'm at one w/ nature or something like that.

You could always ride a bike. If you don't have a bike, borrow one or go to a thrift store to get one for like $15.

Also public transportation if possible/willing.

Hitchhiking is also an option.
Last edited by due 07 at Mar 14, 2012,
Quote by jthm_guitarist
What happened to your bicycle man

Well he was delivering a pizza to this kid,

And the kid was upset with the pizza, and didn't want to tip TS....

So then the the kid kicked over TS's bike

...And thus, was the tale of the lonely bike
Quote by ErikLensherr
Don't belittle it like that, your mom produces top quality stuff.

C4C
[thread="1339859"]Hammerhead[/thread]
[thread="1341152"]Anglerfish[/thread]

VOTE
Thrustor: 2012
Quote by due 07
I've got like 3 hours late arrival this week, and I've been walking to school. It takes me a little over an hour, but I've been enjoying it. I'm at one w/ nature or something like that.

You could always ride a bike. If you don't have a bike, borrow one or go to a thrift store to get one for like $15.

Also public transportation if possible/willing.

Hitchhiking is also an option.

How does he get to the thrift store though? I think hitchhiking is illegal in some places too.
It's definitely doable, but you'll be spent by the time you get to work. Not sweating and exhausted, but just worn out. Then the walk home will be twice as bad, and your legs will probably be aching by the end of it. You'll probably want to just crash once you get home. The next day will be worse, since your body won't have adjusted to the newfound exercise. Maybe by day four you'll actually start to get used to the trip, but then you'll have your car again, so it won't matter.

If you don't want to pay for a cab both ways, maybe you should take one to work and then walk home every day. That way you won't have to worry about being late or tired at work, and you'll save some money.
Quote by RU Experienced?
How does he get to the thrift store though? I think hitchhiking is illegal in some places too.

He walks. Or bums a ride from a friend, i dunno. And idc if hitch hiking is illegal.
Quote by vicarious46
Well he was delivering a pizza to this kid,

And the kid was upset with the pizza, and didn't want to tip TS....

So then the the kid kicked over TS's bike

...And thus, was the tale of the lonely bike

281-330-8004, that's my cell phone number, hit me up on the low