I posted this in DT, but I figured since it wasn't technically about drugs, I'd just post it here.

I'm going to South Padre, Texas this weekend and a friend of mine is gonna bring weed. We know that there are stops that check for illegal immigrants and they also have drug dogs that search all cars, but as far as we know (from what we've heard), it's only on the way back. This would make sense.

Has anyone gone there and do you know if they check on the way there?
Write your own lyrics or poetry? Post them HERE for a crit.
Follow me on Twitter
Really? Is weed REALLY that important?
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.

Listening to: Pink Floyd

#Ziggy2017
Quote by Wolfinator-x
Really? Is weed REALLY that important?

I'm not asking for your opinions. I'm asking if you've been to Padre or if you know what I'm asking. And, yes, it is

But mostly, getting caught is the most important part
Follow me on Twitter
Last edited by brandon369852 at Mar 14, 2012,
lolololololololol
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
Step 1: put it in a condom (non lubricated)
Step 2: Swallow it
Step 3: poop 12 hours later
Step 4:????
Step 5: PROFIT!!
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.
Quote by tr3nt
lolololololololol

I don't understand

I can still buy it down there, that just might be a hassle
Follow me on Twitter
Risking getting arrested just to bring your own weed..

Just buy the stuff down there.
Quote by DonGlover

You look like a young Eugene Levy, but with a moustache.

Quote by slapsymcdougal
Quote by Dreadnought
Kicking a man when he's down, I'm proud of you

When they're down is the safest time.

Soundcloud
Sharks Stanley Cup 15-16
Sharks Stanley Cup 16-17,,,,?
Quote by brandon369852
I posted this in DT, but I figured since it wasn't technically about drugs, I'd just post it here.

I'm going to South Padre, Texas this weekend and a friend of mine is gonna bring weed. We know that there are stops that check for illegal immigrants and they also have drug dogs that search all cars, but as far as we know (from what we've heard), it's only on the way back. This would make sense.

Has anyone gone there and do you know if they check on the way there?

I have been there several times. Twice we had weed. You have to stop on the way back only, but be careful. They only looked at us both times and realized we were midwest idiots and didn't bother us, but get rid of that shit before you leave the island. Texas cops are not to be ****ed with!
Just buy from somebody down there, man.. It's cheap as shit. Too risky to try border patrol with dogs just for WEED, man. Be smart.
UG's King Neptune

Quote by AtaBorMan
You're the biggest dick we've had in the Pit for a while.
Quote by SLEESTAK_BRO
Stop talking, you have are the biggest dick the pit has seen in a while.
I'm from Texas and have been there plenty of times.

Yeah they only check you (twice at the most) on the way back, and even then it's not too bad, unless you look suspicious as hell.

They'll usually have a dog by your car, and an officer will just ask where you're coming from and where you're headed. They might just glance through your back window real quick, but that's about it.
Oh f*ck it,
I'm gonna have a party.
I had the blankest year,
I watched life turn into a TV show.
It was totally weird.
You'll be good, bro. I've run it by plenty of times past the Las Cruces BP. Everyone else can shut the fuck up.
Dude man bro, ur ****ed.

But really, I think you'll be fine. In Cali when they do stops coming back from Tijuana it's not too bad unless you look sketchy as **** or somethin. If you're white and don't look suspicious I doubt they'll search too hard.
I smoke like Rasta, got hair like pasta
I be sippin' on them shots then bustin' rhymes like Busta

Load up the bong, crank up the song, let the informa call 911
Quote by vanhailin
Dude man bro, ur ****ed.

But really, I think you'll be fine. In Cali when they do stops coming back from Tijuana it's not too bad unless you look sketchy as **** or somethin. If you're white and don't look suspicious I doubt they'll search too hard.

Nah..i live in cali and ive been to texas as well, and they have waay more stops/checks over there , I wouldn't risk it , but if its REALLY killing you to take your weed they pretty much only check on the way back....
I posted this in the DT too, but figured other people may like the musings on Texan society at-large

Quote by Kawzmo118
Coming straight from Nebraska? Sounds like one hell of a roadtrip.

Keep in mind that South Padre is a party spot of American, or if not world renown. It is also an island, and it is arguably the biggest party time of year, so they can choke off the precious few entrance exit points with relative ease. The flipside to this is that they can't really pull over EVERY one crossing the bridge, although the Drug War (dundundun) heating up could change the game. Act chill and that part should be relatively easy.

The fun part is all the open highway patrolled by DPS and county sheriffs once you get south of Corpus Christi. To study the psychology of it for a moment, you're talking about presumably white patrolmen with hundreds of miles of open road, on one of the most heavily travelled drug corridors in the country, again if not the world. Combine that with the overblown threats of spillover border violence and the whole "embattled Anglo" mentality, plus good-ol-boyism "oh, look your right blinker's missing *crunch*" type shit and the idea that their stretch of road or county is akin to a 13th-century fiefdom, I say you should have a decent go of it. Presuming you aren't blowing blunts and/or are any shade of brown.

Hope I haven't scared ya! And take that with something of a grain of salt having made the trip only twice in my life. Texas is a beautiful, varied land but the Anglo establishment feel this inexorable need to keep Texas lily white, at least administratively and perceptively to the wider American body politic. But for all the guffawing and pure racial jackassery they partake in, they would never, ever say it out-and-out. They know they're outnumbered anyhow, and it scares away the foreign oil investors. Along with the subset of that being good 'ole New-South passive-agressive racism, the kind enforced by HOA and at the dinner table.

Didn't mean to rant to you, just letting you know what I've experienced and what you can expect from the superficially nice Texan populace! Also givin ya some ammo in case you like to people watch.

Also, t-break being broken sometime around this week. 2-week mark baybeh. It's nice.
Call me: Will

Gear that I'm using most, in their respective colors:
Squier MIJ '62 Strat reissue
Orville '62 SG reissue
1972 Fender Musicmaster Bass Amp with various kinds of pedals.

My band, Cusche!
thanks for all the serious responses!! and like I said before, he could always buy buy down there, but it would be much simpler I we did it up here.

thanks pit

edit: t-break all last week and this week for padre. pumped
Follow me on Twitter
Last edited by brandon369852 at Mar 15, 2012,