I have a pickguard here for a guitar I'm swapping the pickups on, and I'm changing out all the pots too. However, the new CTS pots I have are too big for the holes that are already there. What tool can I use to ream out the holes a tiny bit without marring the plastic or doing anything I'd regret with my limited ability?

I may have access to a dremel but I don't have any useful bits that could possibly help me, I'm certainly willing to buy one if need be. The pickguard is 2-ply, black with white pearl, if that means anything.

Thank you.
Quote by Joshua Garcia
my chemical romance are a bunch of homos making love to a mic and you like that cuz your a huge gay wad. You should feel pathetic for being such a gaywad you gay mcr loving gaywad olllol.
Use a drill bit of the appropriate size and then use a soldering iron (lightly!) to smooth the holes.

Or you could get a utility knife and cut the hole to size.
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.
Quote by stonyman65
Use a drill bit of the appropriate size and then use a soldering iron (lightly!) to smooth the holes.

Or you could get a utility knife and cut the hole to size.

That's not a bad idea.
Quote by Joshua Garcia
my chemical romance are a bunch of homos making love to a mic and you like that cuz your a huge gay wad. You should feel pathetic for being such a gaywad you gay mcr loving gaywad olllol.
I'd carefully scrape out with a rat tail file. The drill might be a safer bet though.
*insert witty statement here*
Come to think of it I came to a similar issue when my output jack wouldn't fit the cover. I basically cramed it on until it went 1/4th of the way, took some plyers and twisted it on until would go on, then I spun it in and out a few times to make it fit easier, then took a pocket knife and scraped the inside of it until it was smooth and fit like a glove.
use a drill press. youd get perfect holes. that is assuming you have one.
Don't use a drill unless its a drill press and you can clamp everything down. A hand held drill will wander if you are trying to enlarge an already existing hole and you won't get the hole it the right place. If you have a drill press, it will be fine, otherwise I'd say use a reamer, thats what they are made for. You could melt it with a soldering iron, it might not turn out to tidy though.
Already have it completely taken care of. I just used an Xacto knife and kept running it around the edges of the holes until it fit. The washers filled out the jagged edges and I'm perfectly fine with it. Thanks everyone.
Quote by Joshua Garcia