So, I bought a used Peavey Ultra Plus from Guitar Center a week ago. I was very excited to get it. I plugged it in and turned it on and no sound comes out of it. The Peavey lettering doesn't light up either. The bypass light on the Pedal that came with it doesn't light up either. I'm seriously bummed because this is my first tube amp. And it doesn't even work. So, what I'm asking is, do you think I should keep it and take it to a tech? Or should I just send it back and get my money to buy a different amp? The tubes Light up and everything. The standby light turns on and off, but no sound.
"Even a man who is pure in heart and says his prayers by night, may become a wolf when the wolfbane blooms and the autumn moon is bright."
take it back and be like wtf? haha did you try it out before your bought it??
Guitar Rig:
Fender Telecaster
Martin GPCPA5
Orange Rockerverb 50

Bass Rig:
Squier Vintage Modified Jazz V
Hartke HA3500
Take it back to guitar center. Nothing else makes sense for the moment.
Telecasters-->Dunlop Volume Pedal-T1M Pearl-AMT Japanese Girl Wah-Line 6 M9-Ibanez DE7-EHX Cathedral-->Mesa Boogie Nomad 4x10 combo
Y u no try it before u buy it? Sorta your own fault on this one. ALWAYS test gears before you buy it man.
It wasn't at a local one. The closest one is about 2 and a half hours away. And its not very big so I bought it used online from GC in Conneticut.
"Even a man who is pure in heart and says his prayers by night, may become a wolf when the wolfbane blooms and the autumn moon is bright."
Are you saying that a separate pedal is not turning on as well? or are you referring to the included foot switch?

I would advise against taking it to you local tech as if he is not an authorized peavey repair agent it may void your warranty all together. Sounds to me like the amp has issues and you should in no way have to pay for that.

Just as a matter of process - have you also confirmed that you have all the volume/setting knobs where they need to be (including your guitar), the pedal has correct power if required etc.
Drive it to a GC and return it. I got a crappy amp once used from a GC states away, wasn't anything wrong with it, just sucked. Anyway, brought it into my local GC, they called the one it came from, took it back, and handed me a check for everything, including shipping, as I shredded away on a 1500 dollar Gibson I had no intentions of buying. It was a great day.
RG351DX - Bridge Dragonfire Screamer, Mid+Neck Fender Hot Noiseless
Peavey Valveking 112 - Eminence GB128
AMT E1 > Joyo AC Tone > Dan'o EQ > Shimverb > Digidelay
Hold on. This is a head, right? Are you sure you have it plugged into correctly matching speakers?

You have to keep in mind that these are old amp heads and they may have issues. Most commonly, the tubes may not be working as well as they should. Even if they're glowing, it doesn't necessarily mean things are working.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Take it back. What's the point of buying from a shop if you don't take advantage of the warranty when you need it? It's up to them to fix it, not you.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by zero
Are you saying that a separate pedal is not turning on as well? or are you referring to the included foot switch?

I would advise against taking it to you local tech as if he is not an authorized peavey repair agent it may void your warranty all together. Sounds to me like the amp has issues and you should in no way have to pay for that.

Just as a matter of process - have you also confirmed that you have all the volume/setting knobs where they need to be (including your guitar), the pedal has correct power if required etc.

The footswitch that came with the amp. The Ultra, Crunch, and Reverb lights light up. But the Bypass one doesn't. Yes, I sat there for about a half hour trying to figure it out. Checked all the volumes and everything.
Quote by Raijouta
Hold on. This is a head, right? Are you sure you have it plugged into correctly matching speakers?

You have to keep in mind that these are old amp heads and they may have issues. Most commonly, the tubes may not be working as well as they should. Even if they're glowing, it doesn't necessarily mean things are working.

Yes, it's the head. Yes I switched the impedance so it matched my cab. I don't know anything about tubes. So, I'm not sure if they're working or not. I can tell they're brand new though. Not that that's relevant at the moment.
You are taking it out of standby, right?

May seem like a silly question, but being your first tube amp you never know.

It sounds like more than that anyway, but sometimes it helps to eliminate the brain fart things first.

But yeah, if it's not working I'd take it back right away and get my moneyz back.
Quote by tubetime86
He's obviously pretty young, and I'd guess he's being raised by wolves, or at least humans with the intellectual capacity and compassion of wolves.

You finally made it home, draped in the flag that you fell for.
And so it goes
Quote by jpatan
You are taking it out of standby, right?

May seem like a silly question, but being your first tube amp you never know.

It sounds like more than that anyway, but sometimes it helps to eliminate the brain fart things first.

But yeah, if it's not working I'd take it back right away and get my moneyz back.

Hahaha yeah I took it out of standby. I wasn't sure if I was supposed to do that, so I tried it with the standby light on and off.
Quote by smithmetal
Yes, it's the head. Yes I switched the impedance so it matched my cab. I don't know anything about tubes. So, I'm not sure if they're working or not. I can tell they're brand new though. Not that that's relevant at the moment.

Just making sure. We sometimes get kids in GG&A who think heads can make sound without speakers.

Yeah, I'd take it back if you can.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Called them today, and they're taking it back. Thanks everyone.