Page 1 of 2
Quote by MH400
You realise that when you just post a link by itself, no one will click, right?

I just clicked it
Quote by DonGlover

You look like a young Eugene Levy, but with a moustache.

Quote by slapsymcdougal
Quote by Dreadnought
Kicking a man when he's down, I'm proud of you

When they're down is the safest time.

Soundcloud
Sharks Stanley Cup 15-16
Sharks Stanley Cup 16-17,,,,?
Quote by MH400
You realise that when you just post a link by itself, no one will click, right?

One person clicked it, so its job has been done.

Edit: Also I like the song you posted. Might look into this artist some more.
Last edited by That Old Geezer at Mar 15, 2012,
Quote by That Old Geezer
One person clicked it, so its job has been done.

Edit: Also I like the song you posted. Might look into this artist some more.

Yeah, I heard it today at University (there was a BBQ witha DJ), went to the Library onto Youtube, and found it.
RIP Tom Searle.
Most stuff The Smiths did imo. At least for me. Don't get me wrong, I like The Smiths, but they will never be my favourite band, something is missing.

Most Stones songs if they had a different singer, for example Keith Richards.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Last edited by JohnnyGenzale at Mar 15, 2012,
Quote by jani92jani
Metallicas Master of puppets is a great song but it could've been much better if it would have a better solo!

And a few more.
Quote by jani92jani
Metallicas Master of puppets is a great song but it could've been much better if it would have a better solo!

Just get rid of Kirk Hammet and Metallica's entire back catalog would be improved.
There's a special sex move I do called the Charizard.
It's where you light the girls pubes, then put it out with your cum and run around the room flapping your arms screaming, "You don't have enough badges to train me!"
I don't know about being better but Wintersun's "Beyond the dark sun" would be more appreciated if it were a little longer.
Quote by King Twili
Just get rid of Kirk Hammet and Metallica's entire back catalog would be improved.

tbh, Mustain's lead playing isn't all that much better, just less wah wah
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
Most stuff The Smiths did imo. At least for me. Don't get me wrong, I like The Smiths, but they will never be my favourite band, something is missing.

Most Stones songs if they had a different singer, for example Keith Richards.

This. Mick Jagger really brings down the stones massively.

Also Black Sabbath would probably be one of my favourite bands if they never had Ozzys stupid singing.
Quote by Zoot Allures
This. Mick Jagger really brings down the stones massively.

Also Black Sabbath would probably be one of my favourite bands if they never had Ozzys stupid singing.

Black Sabbath are 10 times worse with Dio or the other random guy. I kind of like Ozzy in Black Sabbath. His solo career is very mediocre compared to the first 3 albums or so in Sabbath.
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
Black Sabbath are 10 times worse with Dio or the other random guy. I kind of like Ozzy in Black Sabbath. His solo career is very mediocre compared to the first 3 albums or so in Sabbath.

+∞
It's where you light the girls pubes, then put it out with your cum and run around the room flapping your arms screaming, "You don't have enough badges to train me!"
Quote by JohnnyGenzale

Well yeah Dio was one of 'those' singers in a metal band and that sound really grates on my nerves, but i think the actual music got worse by then anyway.

I still like what Ozzy was trying to do with vocals in some songs, NIB has a really good vocal melody in the chorus but the way he's singing it just sounds like someone almost doing a bad imitation of an opera singer or something. I still listen to Sabbath in the ozzy times because i can get past his voice now and then, but with Dio everythings gone pretty bad in general and i never listen to that.
Quote by seljer

It isn't better at all. Mustardstain is plain terrible. At least Kirk has great note selection in solos. Intro and first solo in Sanitarium gives me goose bumps every time.
Quote by seljer

Neither of them play particularly spectacular solos, but Mustaine is marginally better in my opinion, if only for the lack of wah.
Like how the thread is titled great songs that could have been better, yet we're just talking about bands as a whole.
Bankrupt on selling. It could have been played by slowdive and sounded better.
Idk if this counts, but by the way, the album, is better live.
Pearl Jam's Evenflow. I go through like "yeah okay, it's fading out must be ending" then it comes back up in volume and straight to the chorus. It kills the song
Catch the Dragon
Quote by hriday_hazarika
This thread is as terrible as music, which sucks balls.
Quote by DeaThrash
I don't know about being better but Wintersun's "Beyond the dark sun" would be more appreciated if it were a little longer.

Definatly, it's over before it's really begun.
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Quote by RU Experienced?
Tame Impala would be amazing if their guitarist could actually solo.

Saw them live last summer. Wow, they sucked.
Quote by Zoot Allures

Honestly, I don't get that. For some reason I really dig Ozzy in Sabbath.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2MPjfZ_8vE

can't hate that man
The Fall of Troy's Phantom on the Horizon had they kept the demo version's speed and screaminess, with the resulting album's production would shatter the universe from awesome.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
Quote by Zoot Allures
Well yeah Dio was one of 'those' singers in a metal band and that sound really grates on my nerves
ggg1 ggg3

Quote by JohnnyGenzale
Saw them live last summer. Wow, they sucked.

Yeah, their vocals are really lacking in the live show as well.
Quote by RU Experienced?
Yeah, their vocals are really lacking in the live show as well.

To be fair the whole sound was not giving them a fair chance, the sound was all over the place and it just drowned away the other instruments. I kinda liked one of their albums, can't remember which one but was severely disappointed when I saw them. I partly blame the people in charge of the event though.
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
To be fair the whole sound was not giving them a fair chance, the sound was all over the place and it just drowned away the other instruments. I kinda liked one of their albums, can't remember which one but was severely disappointed when I saw them. I partly blame the people in charge of the event though.

Oh, maybe they used an in-house audio engineer who sucked then. I've never actually seen them live, just seen youtube vids of their performances which were underwhelming compared to their studio work in my mind.
Quote by RU Experienced?
Oh, maybe they used an in-house audio engineer who sucked then. I've never actually seen them live, just seen youtube vids of their performances which were underwhelming compared to their studio work in my mind.

it was outside though, in a tent. At Roskilde festival in Denmark.
Time to stick out like a sore thumb!

B-52's song Dance This Mess Around.
The album version is pretty neat, but watch a live video and the song is so much more fast paced, energetic and alive. It works so much better especially with the surf-guitar and the upbeat drumming. Plus, it's about dancing for shits sake, so why not make the song lively and, well, danceable?

Other songs I feel this way about are Joy Division-Transmission (great song but far better live, especially dat drumming and dat Ian Curtis going batshit), Nirvana-Scentless Apprentice (again, album version is great but live, it's so angry and out of control), and Daft Punk's Television Rules the Nation (combined with other songs also give it that extra boost).

Love all of these songs, but their live versions prove that they could have been even better.
Quote by Funky_Fresh91
Pearl Jam's Evenflow. I go through like "yeah okay, it's fading out must be ending" then it comes back up in volume and straight to the chorus. It kills the song

:O That's my favourite part of the song!
Quote by Funky_Fresh91

Dynamics are good sometimes
SMILE!
Quote by Funky_Fresh91

I strongly disagree there, man.

While we're on the topic of Pearl Jam, I loved the demo for Speed of Sound, but the album version just sounds weird in comparison, most notably the pompous drums.
Quote by Mr.DeadDuck
Odd, I loved those drums..

Weird. Well, I did try think of more suitable drums once and I failed. There's stuff in both versions I like better than in the other. Perhaps they should've done it like Better Man: start out slow and let the rest of the band kick in somewhere around the second verse. But as of yet neither version is optimal and that's just a waste.
The whole of the Black Keys last record could have been so much better had actually wrote some decent songs and not relied on a certain production partner...
Quote by Piñata
The whole of the Black Keys last record could have been so much better had actually wrote some decent songs and not relied on a certain production partner...

I pretty much agree. I think Danger Mouse is nearly perfect in anything he does, but he has no right to do stuff that would have any change upon the sound of the Black Keys, of all bands.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
Page 1 of 2