Page 1 of 2
Awkward topic but yeah.
I may or may not have slept with my drummer's ex. Contemplating telling him or not. He's been in 2 relationships since then=y broke up and is in one now... I really don't know what to do.
shouldn't have done it in the first place but its better you tell him. If you act like its a secret and it comes out he'll be more offended, even if he no longer gives a shit about this girl.
Chelsea FC

Quote by Blues Hippie
As for the swim team member that drowned, it just means the swim team just got a lot better. Same with him too, it's time to move on, the weakest link is gone...
How long ago has it been since they dated? how long did they date?
GEAR:
Epiphone Les Paul Studio Deluxe
ESP LTD EX-360
Peavey VYPYR 30W

"There's nothing constant in the universe.
All ebb and flow, and every shape that's born,
bears in it's womb, the seeds of change".
Quote by unknown4areason
Awkward topic but yeah.
I may or may not have slept with my drummer's ex. Contemplating telling him or not. He's been in 2 relationships since then=y broke up and is in one now... I really don't know what to do.

What are you confused about? Whether you had sex with a girl, or if this girl was actually his ex?
Depends on how good a drummer he is.
Guitars:
Fender Highway One Stratocaster
Gretsch G5120
1973 Japanese Les Paul

Amp:
Vox AC30C2

Effects:
MJM Brit Bender MKII tonebender clone
Boss Blues-Driver
Fulltone Clyde Standard Wah
EHX Holy Grail Reverb
Catalinbread Echorec
Don't sleep with a mate's ex next time.
But you should tell him, he might get mad, or be cool, but it's better if he finds out from you first.
"People like Coldplay and voted for the Nazis; you can't trust people."
So I'm assuming you had sex with this chick, unless your "may or may not" confusion comes from not knowing what sexual intercourse is. If that's the case, I suggest you go a quick google search.

Anyway, you should have asked him if it was ok beforehand. However, since you didn't, it's probably a good idea to confess to him, and if needed apologize. By the way, how long did their relationship last?

I was in the same situation with a bandmate in a previous band (who actually happens to be in my current band, is one of my best friends, and a UG'er to boot!). I knew the possibility of something happening between myself and a girl he had dated was very high, and before any feelings got hurt I made sure he was cool with me taking her to poundtown. Granted, their relationship was more of what I'd call a "fling"; it didn't last long and was never serious by any means, but in situations like that it's always good to ask anyway. Needless to say, he was cool, and I railed her multiple times.

In a situation where the relationship was something more serious, he may have not been kosher with it. I've found that most guys feelings on their friends tagging an ex-girlfriend (or something similar) mostly depends on how serious the relationship was, and maybe even more importantly how strongly he felt about the particular girl.

Short answer: If you're concerned and think if you covered it up and sometime down the road he would be pissed if he found out, it's probably for the best that you tell him now. If I were in his situation (as long as he and the girl weren't in a serious, committed relationship), I'd probably not be too upset. As a matter of fact, I'd probably gain respect for you as a man and as a friend since you came forward and were concerned about the situation.

If you did pull a dick move and bang a girl he was serious with beforehand, well then, I'd expect an ass-kicking, if not at least a nice punch in the teeth. Personally, I wouldn't blame him for either if that was the case.
Quote by Zeppelin71
Umm. . .uh. . .your mom touched sjones' dick. YOUR MOM TOUCHED OUR GUITARISTS GENITALS IN A CAMPER AT A BIKER FESTIVAL! truth.
Quote by Portuguese_boy
Sleep with his mother.

this

He'll get so pissed off at you he'll forget all about his ex!
"When that day comes I shall Futterwacken ... vigorously."
~ The Mad Hatter

Quote by nbur4556
this

He'll get so pissed off at you he'll forget all about his ex!

No you're supposed to sleep with the father. The mixture of emotions he would be feeling would make him definitely forget about the ex.
I'd say tell him, if you really care for his feelings. 2 exes ago seems kinda far back, so it doesn't seem like it'd be a big deal unless he still has feelings for her or something to that extent.
Oh f*ck it,
I'm gonna have a party.
I had the blankest year,
I watched life turn into a TV show.
It was totally weird.
Quote by That Old Geezer
No you're supposed to sleep with the father. The mixture of emotions he would be feeling would make him definitely forget about the ex.

Or about you.
Quote by Demonikk
'Practice amp' = amp you practice with? In my case, Peavey 6505+ and 4x12
I don't do things small

Except children.
Quote by unknown4areason

I may or may not have slept with my drummer's ex.

You're not sure if you did or not? Are you sure you're not the drummer?
Quote by SlackerBabbath
You're not sure if you did or not? Are you sure you're not the drummer?

West Ham United
Awkward topic but yeah.
I may or may not have slept with unknown4areason's mother. Contemplating telling him or not. We were both having a few drinks and taking shots of each other's hot bodies and....****.... I really don't know what to do.
Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
Its prob better that u tell him so that he hears it from u & not someone else.

Warning though, he might punch u in the face (like I've done in a similar situation), but then u guys will be fine right after

Boys will be boys
Shouldn't be too bad
....but still....not the nicest thing to have done

and may or may not....
Surely you know whether you did or didn't
I honestly don't see what the problem is, if she's his ex, and particularly if he's moved on since then, then it's no business of his who she is sleeping with, even if it is with someone he knows.

You cannot dictate who other people are allowed or not allowed to sleep with based upon whether you once slept with them or not. Anyone who tries to has control issues.
I don't see the big deal... He's been in two relationships since.. Surely he's over her..

If they had broken up 20 minutes ago, that might be a different story..
sim simma

who got the keys to my beema
Quote by SlackerBabbath
I honestly don't see what the problem is, if she's his ex, and particularly if he's moved on since then, then it's no business of his who she is sleeping with, even if it is with someone he knows.

You cannot dictate who other people are allowed or not allowed to sleep with based upon whether you once slept with them or not. Anyone who tries to has control issues.

This, so hard. You don't possess people you've slept with, this is not an issue.
Looking to buy a Fender Jagstang, u sellin?
Quote by spitonastranger
What's the big deal? They're not going out anymore.

This. I mean seriously, why the hell do we care if a friend does our exes?
Quote by fc89konkari
This. I mean seriously, why the hell do we care if a friend does our exes?

The only people that care, and there are apparently some in the posts above that would, are those who are afraid they might come off badly in the comparison...
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
They're not together anymore , so whats the big deal? If it comes up then admit it, otherwise your sex life is none of his business, unless you sleep with his current girlfriend.
Quote by -Mantra-
They're not together anymore , so whats the big deal? If it comes up then admit it, otherwise your sex life is none of his business, unless you sleep with his current girlfriend.

This, I don't see where the problem is.

He isn't with her so it is no longer his business.
People in the pit take my post way too seriously.

MyAnimeList
7-String Legion

If you have a question PM me and I will always get back to you.
What ever happened to bros before hoes? People have no camaraderie these days. TS is a douche.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Last edited by JustRooster at Mar 15, 2012,
Quote by JustRooster
What ever happened to bros before hoes? People have no camaraderie these days. TS is a douche.

The guy shouldn't care about his ex from 2 girls ago... If he does then that should be his problem...
sim simma

who got the keys to my beema
Quote by JustRooster

biology
Quote by Reynolds666
lol raise your standards broseph

Seriously... A drummer's sloppy seconds? Have a little self respect.
Quote by JustRooster

It never existed, except in some random gay frat-house mentality imaginings...
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
So, why is TS banned? Multi?
Quote by WCPhils
According to that chart, women like men with a Pringle canister down there.
Michael Kelly Patriot Glory
Ibanez RG8
Blackstar HT 20 w/ Jet City cab
whole bunch o' pedals
Quote by OfCourseNot
So, why is TS banned? Multi?

The Drummer is obviously a mod >___>
People in the pit take my post way too seriously.

MyAnimeList
7-String Legion

If you have a question PM me and I will always get back to you.
WAIT, WAIT, WAIT, HOLD THE PHONE

You're saying drummers get laid?
Quote by So-Cal
Incest is wincest!

Quote by Neo Evil11
Because he's the hero The Pit deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. A Dark Anus.
Page 1 of 2