Am saving up for a nice tube amp.

Budget: Less than $1500, but willing to go upto 1650 if I have to.
Genres: Melodic Death Metal, Progressive Metal
Bands I Play: In Flames, At The Gates, Opeth, Metallica etc
New or Used?: I don't mind either.
Home or Gig?: Both, and I want to use it for recording songs. So something that I can hook upto the computer maybe?
Closest City: I'd be in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia by the time I'd be able to buy an amp.
Current Gear: Jackson RR3 (guitar), EHX Metal Muff w/ Top Boost (Distortion pedal), Fender Frontman 15G (crappy amp)

Oh, and I'll be playing in Standard C and Drop Bb tuning most of the time. So something good for low tunings.

Preferably a tone like this....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PthA3Xv_JI

Thanks,
Peavey 5150/6505
4x12 cab

that should be right around $1500
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.
Quote by stonyman65
Peavey 5150/6505
4x12 cab

that should be right around $1500

GOOD BLOODY LUCK

Malaysia imposes something like 30% ad volerm import sales tax, and due to the profit driven approach by major music stores, this is completely passed to the customer.

On top of that, because major players like Bentley Music hates its customers so much, they also mark up all products A MINIMUM of 30% on top of US retail prices. Which means you could be looking at prices which are inflated anything from 50% to 100% of US retail prices. They also are the sole authorised distributor for most major brands IIRC.

Sweetwater lists a Mesa/Boogie MkV head for US$2,249. Bentley Music, the authorised distributor of Mesa charges US$4,942 for the same Mesa/Boogie MkV head.

A used 6505? You'd be looking at nothing less than USD2,000 MINIMUM.

Don't support music stores in Malaysia. Import from overseas if you have to. You'd end up saving more money AFTER THE SHIPPING AND CUSTOMS TAX.

Otherwise, support CeriaTone (http://www.ceriatone.com), get a JCM800 clone.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Last edited by ragingkitty at Mar 15, 2012,
Oh I forgot that you'll also need to bribe the police, post office and immigration officers to make sure that anything valuable (like an amp) doesn't get accidentally "misplaced" by "a colleague".

And it still works out cheaper than buying it from the authorised distributor.
Quote by Blompcube

( )( )
Quote by ragingkitty
GOOD BLOODY LUCK

Malaysia imposes something like 30% ad volerm import sales tax, and due to the profit driven approach by major music stores, this is completely passed to the customer.

On top of that, because major players like Bentley Music hates its customers so much, they also mark up all products A MINIMUM of 30% on top of US retail prices. Which means you could be looking at prices which are inflated anything from 50% to 100% of US retail prices. They also are the sole authorised distributor for most major brands IIRC.

Sweetwater lists a Mesa/Boogie MkV head for US$2,249. Bentley Music, the authorised distributor of Mesa charges US$4,942 for the same Mesa/Boogie MkV head.

A used 6505? You'd be looking at nothing less than USD2,000 MINIMUM.

Don't support music stores in Malaysia. Import from overseas if you have to. You'd end up saving more money AFTER THE SHIPPING AND CUSTOMS TAX.

Otherwise, support CeriaTone (http://www.ceriatone.com), get a JCM800 clone.

I know what you mean, I saw a Mesa Dual Rectifier at Bentley... It was for more than $4000.
Last I recall they were charging about RM10,000 for a used Dual Rectifier head, which works out to USD3277. which is more expensive than a Dual Recto new in the states.

If you're going to Singapore, check out the stores there instead.
Quote by Blompcube

( )( )