Hello all,

First post here. I'm looking into purchasing a jackson DK10 listed locally here. I've been googling DK10's and can't seem to find any information. Basically I just want to make sure this is an actual DK10, and if the price is in a decent range. If you need any more information just let me know. Thanks. Here is the link:

http://pei.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sell-musical-instruments-guitars-Jackson-DK10-W0QQAdIdZ318715248
Looks like a cherry burst DK2 to me. I believe the DK10 had some differences, such as dual humbuckers instead of single coils. DK2s are pretty good but this one looks like it has Duncan Designed pickups. If you're going to spend the money I'd probably find one with real Seymour Duncans, but 275 is pretty good if you're on a budget.

If you're looking for a DK10 specifically, this doesn't look like its it:

http://www.gbase.com/gear/jackson-dk10-2000-amber-sunburst#
Quote by decadence5423
Looks like a cherry burst DK2 to me. I believe the DK10 had some differences, such as dual humbuckers instead of single coils. DK2s are pretty good but this one looks like it has Duncan Designed pickups. If you're going to spend the money I'd probably find one with real Seymour Duncans, but 275 is pretty good if you're on a budget.

If you're looking for a DK10 specifically, this doesn't look like its it:

http://www.gbase.com/gear/jackson-dk10-2000-amber-sunburst#

Thanks for your reply. I found a post on here with someone else asking about a dk10 and it turned out to be a dk2. Which is fine by me. I also noticed the dk10 had the dual coils spaced apart. I'm fine with purchasing a DK2 at 250. I don't think the pickups were altered, as over the years the guitar has just had the volume knobs replaced and neck straightened at a shop. Was there a certain year that they just used duncan pickups? My main concern was that it wasn't an old JS or something being mistaking for a mid level guitar. Of course i'll check it out in person when picking it up. But I was just concerned about the lack of information on the "dk10" Thanks again for your help. There is so many different models of jackson guitars, I wouldn't know where to start when it comes to identifyin them!
Last edited by mitchfrompei at Mar 15, 2012,
You're welcome. They've changed the pickups quite a bit over the years. About the first half of the 2000's they were pretty much always Duncan Designed's and now they've been putting real Seymour Duncan's and even EMGs. The Duncan Designed's really aren't too bad, I'm just really picky.

I'm pretty confident this is a DK2 and not a JS, the JS neck's don't have that cream binding around the neck and headstock.
Quote by decadence5423
You're welcome. They've changed the pickups quite a bit over the years. About the first half of the 2000's they were pretty much always Duncan Designed's and now they've been putting real Seymour Duncan's and even EMGs. The Duncan Designed's really aren't too bad, I'm just really picky.

I'm pretty confident this is a DK2 and not a JS, the JS neck's don't have that cream binding around the neck and headstock.

Thanks again, I used to own a jackson firestorm. Very similar to this. Excited to find a decent electric at a good price so I can get back into playing again.