I don't know much about it, looking for an approx value and other useful info.
Another possible trade for my ibby Dn400 w/ Blackouts. Ive been looking for an LP since I sold mine.
Thanks for looking.
Heres a link
Just some guy trying to capitalize on the "Lawsuit" era. Gibson was going to initiate a suit against Ibanez for using the Open Book headstock which is Gibsons trademark. Ibanez dropped it and the lawsuit never happened.
This thing is probably a plywood body, bolt on neck and cheap PUs & HW. I would pass or maybe, maybe offer between 150-200 if it played well.
Moving on.....
Oh wow. Thanks ken.
The dude wants 500$ and hes in St albert, (im in calgary) so I cant try it anyways.
Definitely passing on this one.
I've seen a few lawsuit LP copies come through my local music stores here and there. None more than $150. Some were good, nothing amazing though. Good decision on passing.
no name on the headstock makes me wonder. if it it set neck then it could be one of the good ones but i doubt it is. people tend to forget that the ones that command the real money are most often Ibanez and are set neck. i've seen a few around here that are bolt on for $150 - 250 depending on condition and maker. $500 is way to much.
In general 70's Japanese guitars were not very good - some worse than MIC guitars coming out today. Generally, a good way to see if a guitar from that era is good or not is the neck joint - good LP copies have set necks, the cheap ones have bolt on necks.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Thanks for the info guys.
I really want another LP so its very helpful.

Prolly gonna sell the dn400 w/ blackouts for 300$ here soon.
Hopefully I can find another epi lp standard plus top.
Quote by Offworld92
In general 70's Japanese guitars were not very good - some worse than MIC guitars coming out today. Generally, a good way to see if a guitar from that era is good or not is the neck joint - good LP copies have set necks, the cheap ones have bolt on necks.

there are a few that defy that stereotype however. Definatley play before you buy though.

EDIT: just looked at the pics, and I lol'd at how hard he tried to obscure the headstock w/logo..except in the one distance shot, he cuts it off perfectly every time.
Quote by Pan-Tallica
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
But theres no reason why i cant be free like a raspberry stuck to the back of a horny elephants ass.

This is maybe the worst comparison in the history of comparisons.
Last edited by Controlpanel at Mar 16, 2012,
Quote by Offworld92

this is a pretty wrong statement as it really depends on which part of the 70s you are refering. by the late 70s there were many rather good guitars coming out of japan. the 60s and early 70s guitars were for the most part crap. yes set neck was generally better for gibson style guitars but some of the bolt ons were pretty decent as well. totally depends on the brand and model.