Page 1 of 3
What are your political freedoms like?
Do you have freedom of speech, and if so to what degree?
Are their laws that limit your "rights?"
Quote by behind_you
Ostrich thread would've been much better.

Quote by JustRooster
Alright, alright. Whatever. Here's what I'll do. I'm an evolutionary biology major. When I graduate I'll give her all my text books for your birthday. And I won't even get her pregnant.
We can't take advantage of it by protesting "God Hates Fags" everyday, anywhere.
Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise
Quote by slapsymcdougal
We get one free rape a month.

<3 Europe
Quote by Banjocal
sht up u flthy librl foogit stfu u soo mad n butthurdt ur ass is an analpocolypse cuz ur so gay "my ass hrts so mcuh" - u. your rectally vexed n anlly angushed lolo go bck 2 asslnd lolol
Quote by dullsilver_mike
Homework powers activate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No just interested after seeing the thread about the kid on face book getting arrested

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1526477
Thats why I'm interested ^
Quote by behind_you

Quote by JustRooster
Alright, alright. Whatever. Here's what I'll do. I'm an evolutionary biology major. When I graduate I'll give her all my text books for your birthday. And I won't even get her pregnant.
Last edited by Boer Goat at Mar 15, 2012,
It's pretty free if you live in the north. In the west you'll get arrested for your different political opinions (england), religion (france, belgium). In the east you'll get arrested for anything (russia).
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by King Of Suede

<3 Europe

In Britain, that means a government offical turns up at your house and jizzes in your rectum, though.
˙ɥbnoɥʇ ɟooɹ ǝɥʇ ɥbnoɹɥʇ ǝɹɐ sǝɔıɹd ǝoɥs

˙uoıʇdnɹɹoɔ ǝןʇʇıן ʎɹǝʌ sı ǝɹǝɥʇ puɐ 'ɹǝʇʇɐɯ ʎuɐ uo sʇɥbnoɥʇ ɹno ssǝɹdxǝ oʇ sʇɥbıɹ ǝʌɐɥ ǝʍ ɐıןɐɹʇsnɐ uı
Quote by slapsymcdougal
In Britain, that means a government offical turns up at your house and jizzes in your rectum, though.

If only your dental programs had progressed past the 12th century
Quote by Banjocal
sht up u flthy librl foogit stfu u soo mad n butthurdt ur ass is an analpocolypse cuz ur so gay "my ass hrts so mcuh" - u. your rectally vexed n anlly angushed lolo go bck 2 asslnd lolol
Outrageous shoe prices? I think that exists anywhere.
Quote by behind_you

Quote by JustRooster
Pretty decent. Right wing parties are being bullied in Sweden which I find a bit pathetic, not that I associate myself anywhere close with them but it's an obvious blow on democracy when people with far right wing opinions are being fired, denied work or just in general when media actually bullies them to silence instead of taking the debate with constructive arguments. And the other parties avoid the discussion with them in any way which I believe is only pouring oil on the fire and allows the far right wing parties to use the "everyone hates us, everyone is denying the truth" as an argument. If the discussion had been taken from the start I doubt Sverigedemokraterna would be even close to the 6-8 % they have now. Which is sad, because their politics and rhetoric is rather void and onesided.

Also, you can't question the immigration problem in Sweden. That's racist even though it's obvious it's become a problem. That's a bit of a bummer as I find it would be a lot more constructive and succesful to actually realise the problems and start from the foundation and do something about it instead of just looking the other way.

Immigrants are being placed into already crime-ridden parts of specific cities and are expected to fit in.

inb4 I'm called a racist now.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Last edited by JohnnyGenzale at Mar 15, 2012,
Quote by Kensai
It's pretty free if you live in the north. In the west you'll get arrested for your different political opinions (england), religion (france, belgium). In the east you'll get arrested for anything (russia).

Quote by Kensai

lol
Quote by Boer Goat
No just interested after seeing the thread about the kid on face book getting arrested

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1526477
Thats why I'm interested ^

Well to be fair:

http://www.thejournal.ie/12-year-old-girl-sues-school-over-facebook-password-380680-Mar2012/

And I heard a story a while back where an Irish guy was going to America for a short holiday of drinking and fun. He then tweeted something along the lines of "I'm going over to destroy America!" which is Irish slang for I'm going over to party in America. He was subsequently stopped at emigration and made go home because of the tweet.
The internet is getting ridiculous now, it seems that we have less rights and protection on the internet than in the "real" world.

I feel like if these things were said in person instead of through a keyboard no actions would have been taken. But since it's on the internet it's a major offence?
Quote by behind_you

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by Boer Goat
The internet is getting ridiculous now, it seems that we have less rights and protection on the internet than in the "real" world.

I feel like if these things were said in person instead of through a keyboard no actions would have been taken. But since it's on the internet it's a major offence?

No.

since it's on the internet it means more people are able to access it.
Quote by jani92jani
we have 100% freedom of speach in Finland!
We have homo phobic politicians & and homo sexual politicians on our goverment etc...

This. I'm just fine with the situation here. You can say pretty much anything that isn't insulting a minority or a specific target
Quote by fc89konkari
This. I'm just fine with the situation here. You can say pretty much anything that isn't insulting a minority or a specific target

Ok, then you DON'T have 100% freedom of speech...

I'm just sayin...
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Quote by Kensai

Last edited by Palodigon at Mar 15, 2012,
Quote by Arby911
Ok, then you DON'T have 100% freedom of speech...

I'm just sayin...

Yeah we have laws that stop that. Things like inciting racial hatred etc. are banned, amongst others.
Looking to buy a Fender Jagstang, u sellin?
Quote by jani92jani
I just ****ing hate it that immigrants are treated better than our own citizens,or if they call us white trash or sperm faces it isint racism but on the second we call them as ******s or something its immediately racism or something like that!

Sperm faces Well you are incredibly pale you finns. Hi-larious!
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Do they have freedom of speech lolz

Bro, pretty sure the only places where they don't have that are like third world countries and like Iran and China and shit
We are all slaves in Europe, America is the only place in the world where people are free.
Quote by Cal UK
Yeah we have laws that stop that. Things like inciting racial hatred etc. are banned, amongst others.

Has it worked? Is there less racial hatred?

Or has it just been driven underground, where it can feed and foment, eventually erupting into unexpected incidents of violence?

The way to combat hate speech isn't censorship, it's superior speech. I've long maintained that if one can't provide a superior alternative and argument against a racist assclown, it's time to rethink your approach...
Charles Darwin
I suggest you are from Northern America by the quality of the questions and the lack of knowledge. That question sounds very stupid in my ears. Are you serious? I also live in Northern Europe and this place is more "free" and democratic than USA will ever be.

Americans live in a bubble.
Quote by Wot's... Uh
I suggest you are from Northern America by the quality of the questions and the lack of knowledge. That question sounds very stupid in my ears. Are you serious? I also live in Northern Europe and this place is more "free" and democratic than USA will ever be.

TS asked a genuine question. I agree that most Americans are pretty ignorant, and I am American. However, I've had the experience of living in Europe. I've been exposed to an outside view. Most Americans have not. We are brought up to believe that we are the best country in the world, and no one can do shit to us, blah blah blah. And most people never travel outside the USA to see it from a different angle.
You shouldn't go on insulting someone because they don't know something. Enlighten them, instead of making yourself look like an ass.
Quote by slapsymcdougal
We get one free rape a month.

I thought we were allowed one free cheating on our other halves....
Quote by Wot's... Uh

You seem to believe the world is black and white.

You live in a bubble
Quote by Todd Hart
Shooting your friends with a real gun is a definite faux pas.

Quote by mystical_1
Professor Plum in the Studio with a new Amp

Quote by snipelfritz
If only I were the only one at home right now. I don't need my parents asking who Mr. Wiggles is.
Quote by Wot's... Uh

Going to ask you to support that contention...
Charles Darwin
We have the freedom to access television channels without advertisements and superior programming to any North American channel.
Quote by Kensai

If I had to live anywhere else in the entire world I would live somewhere in Scandinavia.
"If a body catch a body comin' through the rye."
Quote by Boer Goat
What are your political freedoms like?
Do you have freedom of speech, and if so to what degree?
Are their laws that limit your "rights?"

Every law does that.
Sing me to sleep.
Europe isn't a country so it depends where you are.

In England you can say what you want to a degree unless your political stance is offensive, the problem comes when you try an protest we don't appreciate that.
SMILE!
Quote by Wot's... Uh
I also live in Northern Europe and this place is more "free" and democratic than USA will ever be.

Cool story, we have the Playboy mansion. Hef's grotto is better than any country you can ever have.
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
Page 1 of 3