When I was thinking of this thread, it kinda reminded of that wonderful thread jedke started awhile back

Anyway, I got around an hour of horrible sleep this morning and was completely dead in my pre-work shower (I think I used conditioner on my body and that's it...) and was going to be late for work so I grabbed a fruit bowl and some coffee and rushed out.

While in traffic to get to the U (Ya, I work as a receptionist at my Uni's Theatre Department... So what?) I saw the usual poor Utah drivers in action and even saw an accident (While being backed up from an accident) and right there I decided to do something completely different. Instead of stressing and hurrying, switching lanes like a madman to get through traffic I was going to sit in the middle lane and just go with the flow. I was going to go the steady pace along with everyone else, enjoy my fruit bowl, enjoy my coffee and enjoy my Cinderella CD while taking my time to work... Not rushing or going intentionally slow, just taking my time. And you know what? I'm completely relaxed. Have any of you had your "Fuck it, I'm being a stoner today" days? How did it go?

TL;DR - Instead of rushing to work through traffic I decided to adopt a stoner attitude and take my time, enjoying my breakfast/coffee/CD... Has anyone else done this? How did your day go afterwords?
Quote by So-Cal
Incest is wincest!

Quote by Neo Evil11
Because he's the hero The Pit deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. A Dark Anus.
I did. Unfortunately, by the time I reached the hospital, the heart for transplant that was in the van was no longer viable, and they sacked me for some reason.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
I feel like that when I'm going to my grandma's place to work on my car early in the morning. I got no deadline, but there's tons of cars in the morning traffic. Feels good to just turn up the heater a bit, yawn, eat your donut or whatever and switch through the radio stations and sit there in your car.

Nice weather is a pretty big part of it too.
Quote by SleepTalkinMan
"Ooh! Straight-jackets online! Christmas sorted."
Quote by hriday_hazarika
I mostly shit sad birds with my post-rocker attitude.

I, too, shit melancholy birds.
I've been playing guitar and skipping school as much as I can all day today
Quote by hriday_hazarika
It's times like these I wish UG had a sad high-five smiley.

Totes, brah.

Now excuse me, I have some moping to do to This Will Destroy You.

Oh yeah, new EP comes out probably by next weekend. You'll be delighted for some parts, I promise.
Quote by Vitor_vdp
And all along I thought being stoner meant smoking tons of weed. Who knew?

That's how you become a stoner but the stereotype of a "stoner" is one who is laid back, isn't in any rush and just enjoys the moment (Usually from copious amounts of cannabis) and since "most" of us have jobs and lives we can't smoke every day and still graduate high school like we did back in, well, high school, it was nice to do that again. Just feel calm and relaxed before I started a fun full day of traffic, work, traffic, school work, attempting sleep
Quote by So-Cal
Incest is wincest!

Quote by Neo Evil11
Because he's the hero The Pit deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. A Dark Anus.
Last edited by IWasMaiden93 at Mar 15, 2012,
I'm like that everyday, but it probably has to do with the fact i smoked about a quarter ounce a day for 2 years >.> I'm pretty much always calm and relaxed. I just don't stress about anything.
I made things far more complicated than they ever needed to be with my math-rock attitude.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Quote by JustRooster
I made things far more complicated than they ever needed to be with my math-rock attitude.

I'm a twinkly bastard on occasion.

Quote by hriday_hazarika
I'm a twinkly bastard on occasion.

Oh my god, know one else knows American Football! We just became good friends, hriday.
Quote by JustRooster
Oh my god, know one else knows American Football! We just became good friends, hriday.

Pleased to make your acquaintance, good sir.
Totally just UG friended you. I got some of my mathy tunes on my profile. Check out Rhombus if you like American Football.
Quote by IWasMaiden93
I was going to sit in the middle lane and just go with the flow. I was going to go the steady pace along with everyone else, enjoy my fruit bowl, enjoy my coffee and enjoy my Cinderella CD while taking my time to work... Not rushing or going intentionally slow, just taking my time. And you know what? I'm completely relaxed. Have any of you had your "Fuck it, I'm being a stoner today" days? How did it go?

Welcome to every day of my life. Though I ainta stoner.

All that crazy crap you can't control? Why stress out about it? Seriously.

People at my office are always all worked up by the time they reach our parking lot. Then they go get all caffeinated up with a billion cups of coffee. Spaz out and get all anxious, fidgety and easily angered even more. One little curveball happens in the office and they go out in the parking lot and pace around to try and calm their temper.

Meanwhile I'm sitting there like this:
Last edited by BlackVoid at Mar 15, 2012,
It's hard to adopt a stoner attitude when your music consists of maudlinly sombre post-rock and awkward time signatures.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Quote by BlackVoid

People at my office are always all worked up by the time they reach our parking lot. Then they go get all caffeinated up with a billion cups of coffee. Spaz out and get all anxious, fidgety and easily angered even more. One little curveball happens in the office and they go out in the parking lot and pace around to try and calm their temper.

Wow, I sounded old in my original post for an 18 year old, especially in the blurb you quote

But ya, I'm not a morning person in any imagination of the word so doing anything really gets me ticked... I now have a way of counter acting it

I doubt this philosophy will work on my drive home where I'd rather get home as soon as possible so I can just be home and out of rush hour, but we'll see soon enough
Quote by So-Cal
Incest is wincest!

Quote by Neo Evil11
Quote by slapsymcdougal
I did. Unfortunately, by the time I reached the hospital, the heart for transplant that was in the van was no longer viable, and they sacked me for some reason.

Bad times dude
xD
Quote by Highelf04
Bad times dude
xD

On the up side, I found something new that my dog likes.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Quote by BlackVoid

I know that feel. This lady I work with is always complaining about something. She bitches about every little thing to all my co-workers, and gets them all riled up. Than it starts a chain reaction, and before you know it, everyone's all pissy over nothing. At that point, I just put my headphones on and listen to music.
Quote by StewieSwan
Yeah so whole you arm eoddin this stupid forum i am moddin IRL bitch
Quote by IWasMaiden93
Wow, I sounded old in my original post for an 18 year old, especially in the blurb you quote

But ya, I'm not a morning person in any imagination of the word so doing anything really gets me ticked... I now have a way of counter acting it

I doubt this philosophy will work on my drive home where I'd rather get home as soon as possible so I can just be home and out of rush hour, but we'll see soon enough

I work late to purposely miss rush hour sometimes. Then I hit up a chill bar and sip a beer or go chill in a quiet restaurant for another 30 minutes. Then make it home, or head to band. Mid 20s here. It's not so much "go with the flow" because that implies you are submissive and just let whatever happen. It's more like a "slow down and smell the roses" kinda thing, take your time and do things on your own terms.

If somebody is pissed off in traffic cutting people off changing lanes all over the place. Let them, stay out of their way. They'll ruin themselves doing that sooner or later. And I don't want to be anywhere near it.
Last edited by BlackVoid at Mar 15, 2012,
Quote by JustRooster

Please, everyone in Hardcore and PP&E knows them.