I am thinking about getting an Orange Rockverb 100 Watt guitar amp. I looked at some demo settings that they had online and it looks like the volume knob plays a huge part in the kind of sound you get out of the amp. So when I first question was "How do you get the sound you want without having the amp blow out both your ears?" I did some research and I came across the THD Hot Plate, which seems like a good solution. But now let's say I have the volume knob on the dirty channel turned way up and the volume knob on the clean channel turned way down. How do you get that same sound but having the two channels at the same volume? Thanks
Well...if you have the channel volumes in wildly different places, you're going to have discrepancies in channel volumes. You're supposed to get the dirty channel set up how you like it, and then turn the clean channel volume up to match it.

As an aside, a hotplate is probably not a good idea for what you're trying to do. Attenuators mess with the tone quite a lot when removing lots of volume, so they're good if you're looking to shave just a bit of volume off the top of a cooking amp to keep it at bearable gigging volumes. They are not a good solution if you're trying to use them like a post-OT master volume. They'll squash your tone completely. Instead of getting the 100 and an attenuator, maybe get the 50 and a cab with some Greenbacks instead of the usual V30s? The greenback is a quieter speaker so you can turn the amp up more.
You could always try a volume pedal or passive volume control in the FX loop. That doesn't kill my tone much. But I'm also not playing a 2 channel amp...
Maximum volume yields maximum goats.
Quote by Roc8995
You're supposed to get the dirty channel set up how you like it, and then turn the clean channel volume up to match it.

But won't that change the tone of the clean channel?
How else would you propose to match the channel volumes if not adjusting the volume knobs for each channel?

Yes, it's going to change the tone some, but anything you ever do to change the volume on a tube amp is going to alter the tone. That's why they're so great, they're interactive and sensitive to details. Adjusting the volume knob on the clean channel is the least invasive way to match the channels.